What are you eating - right now?

nosnobunny

Right now I am eating a salad... consisting of leaf lettuce, black beans, cubed chicken chunks, a little shredded cheddar cheese, salsa for dressing and dab of sour cream on top. It's pretty yummy! Oh... and a great big glass of water!

New day, new menu. :) Here's lunch. BBQ'd chicken breast chopped with celery, onion and mayo, tossed salad with Catalina dressing (2Tbsp) 1/2 cup peanuts, 1 oz each old cheddar and Swiss cheese. Oh yes - water, lots and lots of water.

Beth

I stopped at Arby's when I was in the Mall and got 2 regular roast beef sandwiches with bq sauce. I always eat plenty of carbs when I am shopping!

I know it wasn't really balanced or healthy but I will be doing that for dinner.

Angie

Dessert....a sugar free popsicle of course!:D these things are getting me thru my sugar withdrawls at night. I just started week 2 of South Beach today.

I had a harboiled egg and v-8 juice for breakfast, grilled shrimp with veggies and salad for lunch and broiled salmon and veggies for dinner.

Kathy

I'm trying desperately NOT TO EAT! At this hour I should just go to bed and forget about it. I put bleaching trays on my teeth an hour ago to prevent myself from eating....but it's not working!

I was bad today.....PB&J for breakfast, salad w/steak for lunch, honey roasted cashews for snack....then when I got home...uggh...Doritos, then pasta w/ stuffed pepper, cookies, cheese & crackers....just shoot me now.

I know what you are going through Kimberley. I am so hungry today and I must find the time to go shopping and buy some legal foods to keep me honest.

I ate a big bowl of sugar free icecream...probably not a good idea. Then had a nap and now I am going to plan dinner in a few minutes.

Please people post all the good ideas for eating on South Beach.

PGcruiser: Have you tried the mashed cauliflower? This is an alternative to mashed potatoes....it is actually very good. Steam a head of cauliflower then put it in a food processor, add a little fat free 1/2 and 1/2 and a few sprays of butter spray.....then spin in the food processor until consitency of mashed potatoes. Very good in my opinon.

When I was faithful on the south beach theory, I drank a glass of V8 every morning for breakfast....sometiimes with lunch also. Try cold shrimp for a snack....you can find them in most grocery stores now.

I need to get back on track with low carb eating. I am way, way off track. I've been saying "I'll treat myself today"....but I've been treating everyday!

I'm sailing in 18 days on the Voyager and my scale is beginning to climb in the wrong direction! Uggh.

Thank you for the great suggestions. Will try them all. Have to buy some low fat marg etc. Love Cauliflower, so that is a good one.

with 18 days left till you cruise you still have time to lose 5+ lbs.

I will also have to get some of those sugar free popsicles...I am constantly making jello:p

abridalmaven: I just noticed you live on Long Island....my DH just traveled to Bethpaige in July for the first time to play golf on the Black course! He loved it. Me, I hate golf.

I'm going to try my cauliflower mashed potatoes with your ingredients....sounds yummy.

Archived