Forbidden City and Jing Shan Park

M&T

When we are on a formal group tour in the Forbidden City, will we go to the Palace of Eternal Harmony where there is a clock display? My husband saw this display 20 years ago and wants to see it again and wants me to see it. He thought it was amazing!

We have one free day (meaning not on a group tour so we can do anything we want) in Beijing. We may go back to the Forbidden City at 830 AM and enter through the north gate to see the gardens and buildings at that end. We also plan to go to Jing Shan at 7 AM. Is this park a good place to see local people doing Tai Chi. Also, our free day is a Saturday. Thanks. Marlyne

When we went through the Forbidden City, they were doing extensive renovations on it, so many of the buildings were closed. We did go through one (happily air conditioned) hall that had a display of clothes and weapons in cases. That was the only internal building we went in. So, I'm guessing it will depend upon how far along the renovations are as to what you will or won't be able to see.

Sorry I can't help more or with the Jing shan park - we didn't have any free days in Beijing and only one free night - the one before we left.

Enjoy your time in China - it is an incredible experience!

Charlie

• 3 weeks later...

Normally the group tour will not show the tourists Clock Museum in the Foridden city,for they will reduce the tour cost.But that is amazing part in the Forbidden city.

Yes,you can see locals doing Tai Chi every morning in the Jingshan Park and Temple of Heaven.

Archived