Oosterdam stern Ver 7130 and inside 7120

FAR1651

We are booked on the 6/2 sailing. 3 couples have veranda 7126, 28 & 30. 2 couples have inside rooms 7116 & 7120. Are the J class inside cabins really only 148 sq ft? Thanks so much for any info.

We are booked on the 6/2 sailing. 3 couples have veranda 7126, 28 & 30. 2 couples have inside rooms 7116 & 7120. Are the J class inside cabins really only 148 sq ft? Thanks so much for any info.

Far,

Can't really help you on the cabin info. But would love to invite you to the Cruise critic meet & Greet. All the info is on the roll call board. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=527741

If you or any of your party would be interested, please let me know. Our Meet & Greet is right on the edge of how many the Oak Room can hold. I will need to let HAL know if we need a bigger room.

I am sure someone will come along and answer your questions about the cabins,

Jackie

Hal's site for the Oosterdam says:

Large or Standard Inside Staterooms

2 lower beds convertible to 1 queen-size bed, shower.

Category: I, J, K, L, M, MM, N, NN

* 183-207 sq. ft.

Most VA are about 190 sq ft inside with a 60 sq ft verandah. (On the stern of course your verandahs will be almost double that.) Even 148 sq ft wouldn't be so terrible ... you just don't spend time in your cabin except to sleep, shower, and change. :) We recently did a cruise in a 122 sq ft cabin on an RCI ship, and if I had a choice of doing it again or not cruising I would live with the tiny cabin. After all, everything else on the ship is exactly the same for the inside dwellers as it is for you. :)

Except for those on Main Deck, the J-category cabins can be considered cabinettes. Others have referred to them as "walk-in closets". It's a fair description.

So, invite your friends over to join you in the bigger real estate. :D

Years ago, we were on the Mississippi Queen - and it was a tiny room (with veranda), by cruise ship standards, but we found it to be no problem, and actually, spent little time in the room. The public rooms were gorgeous, and nice to relax in!

Archived