Suites on the Sun

Hi

looking at booking a suite on the Sun for Oct 2008 - just want to know what do you get for the extra price (other than spa/balcony)? I remember a review of someone's cruise where it mentioned fruit, hor'derves (sp) etc but can't find it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers Rach

Hi Rach,

Is this the page you are looking for? This is for the US market, so some on the list may vary. Does include a spa and a balcony on the back of the ship.

There are only six suites on Sun & Dawn Princesses, so once you have decided, book fast! We tried to upgrade from a mini to a full suite, and they were waitlisted.The suites on C & D decks are in the centre, and on the corners for B deck.

Good luck, hope you have suite_successes!

Princess Suite Amenities Surround Passengers with Luxury

Passengers who choose to enjoy their Princess cruise from the luxury of its vessels' most exclusive accommodations will find their deluxe rooms full of extras to make their journey an even more comfortable experience -- from upgraded mattresses and linens, to special services and a welcoming glass of champagne.

To surround passengers with luxury even as they sleep, suites (and mini-suites) have been recently fitted with luxury mattresses and covered in plush 100 percent Egyptian cotton, high thread count bed linens and fluffy European-style duvets. Passengers can choose their perfect pillow from a menu featuring a variety of feather and therapeutic pillows. Suites also come equipped with massaging shower heads, luxurious towels and bathrobes, plus complimentary slippers. Suite passengers can enjoy their favorite movies and songs with an in-suite DVD/CD player, and borrow films from the ship's complimentary DVD library.

Enhanced toiletries, an illuminated vanity mirror, fresh flower arrangements, complimentary tote bag and a mini bar setup of fine liquors and soft drinks are just some of the other extras suite passengers enjoy on Princess ships. Deluxe canapés are delivered daily, and passengers can choose their favorites from a variety of hors d'oeuvres.

Suite passengers can take advantage of complimentary services and shipboard activities, including the spa's thermal suite, internet access in the Internet Cafe, dry cleaning, laundry and shoe polishing. On formal nights they'll receive a complimentary corsage and boutonniere to add some dash to their special attire. They can schedule a private portrait sitting with Princess' onboard photographers or enjoy afternoon tea served in the privacy of their own suite. In addition, suite passengers will enjoy expedited cruise embarkation and early disembarkation in all tender ports, with full privileges in the ship's Platinum disembarkation lounge.

The renowned Princess service is especially evident in suite accommodations. Passengers don't even need to worry about packing and unpacking, as they can request assistance from their suite steward. Reservations are a snap with preferred Anytime DiningSM reservations and personal shore excursion reservations. Guests can also choose from an extended room service menu, with extra options for breakfast and any of the day's dining room selections for lunch and dinner.

Naturally, suite passengers also enjoy some of the finest accommodations at sea. Newer ships feature an array of special facilities from marbled bathrooms to whirlpool baths. Many suites also include such luxurious features as walk-in closets, dining rooms and wet bars.

In total, suite passengers can look forward to the following amenities:

Suite Amenities:

In-Room Amenities:

• Luxury mattresses

• Luxury ivory satin pinstripe bed linens

• Fluffy duvets in place of blankets

• Luggage protector on bed at embarkation

• Luxury bathrobes

• Luxury towels

• Pillow menu - option of feather or therapeutic pillows

• Massage shower heads

• Luxury bathroom amenities (shampoo, conditioner, body lotion, bath gel, plus new lip balm, gel eye mask, bath salts and loofah mitts)

• Facial mist (choice of scents)

• Complimentary slippers

• Fresh flower arrangement

• Complimentary corsage and boutonniere on first formal night

• Complimentary mini-bar - one-time set up

• Combined DVD/CD Players

• DVD Library - each vessel has a 100-title DVD library available to suite passengers

• Halo light magnifying vanity mirrors on vanity

• Upgraded room amenities, including ice bucket and tray, leather wallet for cruise card, high quality pen, combined clothes brush, lint remover and shoe horn, shoe cleaning mitt, sewing kit, white cloth laundry bag, black cloth shoe shining bag

• Complimentary Princess tote bag

• Umbrella for use during the cruise

Services:

• Expedited embarkation process

• Preferred Anytime DiningSM reservations

• Personal shore excursion reservations

• Complimentary laundry and dry cleaning service

• Complimentary shoe polishing service

Dining Services:

• Welcome glass of champagne at embarkation

• Extended room service menu (extended breakfast, lunch, dinner offering)

• In-suite afternoon tea service

• Passenger's choice of deluxe canapés, delivered daily

Onboard Activities:

• Complimentary internet access in onboard Internet Cafes (wireless internet connection not included).

• Private portrait sitting

• Complimentary use of the thermal suite in the Lotus Spa (Caribbean Princess, Crown Princes, Sapphire Princess, Diamond Princess, Star Princess, Coral Princess and Island Princess).

Passengers who travel in mini-suites will also enjoy the luxury of special bed linens, and upgraded amenities.

Mini-Suites -- In Room Amenities

• Luxury mattresses

• Luxury ivory satin pinstripe bed linens

• Fluffy duvets in place of blankets

• Luggage protector on bed at embarkation

• Pillow menu - option of feather or therapeutic pillows

• Luxury towels

• Glass of champagne at embarkation

• Upgraded bathroom amenities (shampoo, conditioner, body wash and lotion)

Rach,

Sorry about my confusion. :confused: With the discussion of 2 different suns here the past week, it was bound to happen. Most of the extra priviledge is kept with Sun & Dawn Princesses in Oz. Things like preffered anytime dining will not apply, as there will not be anytime dining onboard.

All I can find on Pacific Sun is:

Welcome glass of champagne

Refrigerator

Walk-in wardrobe

Twin or queen + double sofa bed

jacuzzi (except wheelchair access suite V2)

Entertaining area with private balcony

Sure there is probably more, but all I can find at the moment

Hi

looking at booking a suite on the Sun for Oct 2008 - just want to know what do you get for the extra price (other than spa/balcony)? I remember a review of someone's cruise where it mentioned fruit, hor'derves (sp) etc but can't find it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers Rach

Hi Rach

We cruised in April on the Pacific Star in a suite, and i'm going to assume that what you get on the star you would certainly get on the sun. Bigger bathroom with a spa bath, thick fluffy towels, walk in robe, bigger cabin, balcony(fantastic to have), bathrobes, champagne and complimentary soft drinks on arrival, fruit bowl, fresh flowers(that lasted for the entire ten days), fridge in the cabin(great for buying drinks fro the bar and taking back to cabin and yes every day at 5pm a platter of hors douvres. Some days it was crumbed prawns or choc dipped strawberries, smoked salmon, all sorts and different each day. We also received priority tender tickets for the islands, so no queuing for tender tickets. If I think of anything else i'll post another message!!!!

Hope that helps

cheer!!

Karen;)

Rach,

Would suggest you check with your TA or P&O. According to the deck plans, there is a category change on the Pacific Sun valid from 30th April 07, which appears to change the A category suites to AA category mini-suites.

There are also some mixed info on the web and in the book, which makes it a bit confusing as to whether they are suites or mini suites. In the latest book, they are listed as mini suites at the time of your cruise.

While the room and the facilities in it will be largely the same, it would pay to check with your TA or P&O to confirm if the extra suite perks still exist with the cabin downgraded to mini-suite status. May still be the same extras as those Karen has listed though, as the Pacific Star suites are classed as AB mini-suite anyway.

All the catagorys have changed "names" since April. I assume they have changed the name from suite to mini-suite to as the Pacific Dawn will have both. My understanding from the pictures is that the minis-suite is a fancy large cabin with balcony and nice bathroom whereas a suite has more than one room.

A friend has upgraded to a mini-suite on our July cruise, so I can tell you about it after then.

Chardoneykmw's mini-suite sounds like the extras that we got on the Sky when we upgraded and that was a suite with separate bedroom.

All the catagorys have changed "names" since April. I assume they have changed the name from suite to mini-suite to as the Pacific Dawn will have both. My understanding from the pictures is that the minis-suite is a fancy large cabin with balcony and nice bathroom whereas a suite has more than one room.

A friend has upgraded to a mini-suite on our July cruise, so I can tell you about it after then.

Chardoneykmw's mini-suite sounds like the extras that we got on the Sky when we upgraded and that was a suite with separate bedroom.

What P&O were calling a suite on he Pacific Sun last month, they are now calling a mini-suite, without changing the layout of the cabin or pulling out the extra bedroom.:)

The reason I suggested the OP contact her TA, is that the name "suite" in a room booking usually attracts a lot more benefits apart from the cabin. It may be possible that by changing the naming of the cabins, that they have also removed some suite perks as well.

Hi Thank for all the replies _ I have sent off an email to my travel agent - but have also asked about the Dawn Princess and Adventures of the Seas for Feb 2009 for hubby for his birthday. Will let you know how I go.

Cheers Rach

It is really worth while shopping around for the right cruise as Australian cruisers have never been in a better position, with P&O, Princess and Star crusies in Australia this year & next and Royal Caribbean, HAL and Celebrity venturing in Aisa. I know Royal Caribbean have offered the 3rd & 4th person free on the Asia cruise. It is also worthwhile checking out the prices even after booking as there can be discounts and from experience cruiselines will honour the discount.

CruiseKidz

Archived