Local Artwork in St Martin/St Thomas?

We are going on the CB in July. My daughter and her husband will be going with us and are interested in any local/original artwork in St Martin and St Thomas. Is there anything? Carvings, scupture, paintings,etc? And where can we find it?

Also, they want to take pictures of nature. Is the Loterie Farm the best place for that?

I can't help with the artwork question; we've never looked for that when in St. Thomas or St. Maarten. You might try googling "art" and the name of the islands; I'll bet you'll find lots of info.

But to get great nature pics...just go anywhere on either island. On St. Thomas we rode the tram to Paradise Point; lots of good photo ops there. We also rented a car/driver (don't remember his name) who took us to all the usual spots: Magen's Bay, Sapphire Beach, etc.

On St. Maaten we hired another driver with a van. His name was Luti, a native of Greneda and he was wonderful!. He took us all around the island, stopped whenever we asked him to or whenever he saw a place we might like and where most tourists like to go: Orient Beach, Marigot and such. Like St. Thomas, there's great photo ops everywhere.

St. Maarten is drier and not as lush as St. Thomas but both are beautiful.

Have a great time on your cruise!

Be sure and listen to the port talks on board ship to learn where the specific stores might be. I know there are stores on St. Thomas specializing in carved coral - these used to be directly across from the pier where the tenders docked.

The port talks are televised during the day as well.

Archived