Do we get the price reduction?

Maddie444

Would anyone know what price I should be looking at , to see if it goes down, for a price reduction?

When I booked our cruise we asked for a cat C (On the Majesty) and booked the room we wanted.

The person from Carnival booked us as a cat. D, with an upgrade to a Cat. C and the room we wanted but paying the cost of a Cat. D, Which saved us about $100.00

I just checked out the NCL website and the cost has gone down. It's showing the cat C as the price we paid for a cat D And the cat. D 100.00 lower.

Which price should we be looking at for a reduction. The original cat. D and upgraded to a C

Or The Cat. C price (which has gone down) but is now what we paid for a Cat D!!!!

Boy...is this confusing???? Do you understand what I'm trying to say???

I don't want to loose the Cat. C and the room we wanted. But with the price reduction and if we don't get a discount, it's like we didn't get deal in the first place!

Thanks for any info you can give me.

Maddie

Would anyone know what price I should be looking at , to see if it goes down, for a price reduction?

When I booked our cruise we asked for a cat C (On the Majesty) and booked the room we wanted.

The person from Carnival booked us as a cat. D, with an upgrade to a Cat. C and the room we wanted but paying the cost of a Cat. D, Which saved us about $100.00

I just checked out the NCL website and the cost has gone down. It's showing the cat C as the price we paid for a cat D And the cat. D 100.00 lower.

Which price should we be looking at for a reduction. The original cat. D and upgraded to a C

Or The Cat. C price (which has gone down) but is now what we paid for a Cat D!!!!

Boy...is this confusing???? Do you understand what I'm trying to say???

I don't want to loose the Cat. C and the room we wanted. But with the price reduction and if we don't get a discount, it's like we didn't get deal in the first place!

Thanks for any info you can give me.

Maddie

What cruise line are you even talking about? Carnival or NCL?

You would get a reduction on what you booked (not what the free upgrade is on). However, it's possible you might lose the upgrade. Call your travel agent and ask them.

Quote:

"What cruise line are you even talking about? Carnival or "NCL?

I'm talking about NCL (The Majesty)

I'm Sorry, I meant calling NCL directly... I have two cruises coming up...got a little confused!

So even if booked a cat. C and the NCL rep. put it in as a Cat. D with an upgrade to a Cat. C. Specifying the cabin I wanted, I would be looking at a reduction on the Cat D, but could loose my upgrade to the Cat. C.... Right?

I guess I'll call and find out...can't hurt trying! And NO...I haven't made our final payment yet.

Thanks for you replies.

Maddie

Quote:

I would be looking at a reduction on the Cat D, but could loose my upgrade to the Cat. C.... Right?

Maddie

Wrong and right - you need to look at the price for the cabin you are in now if you want to stay there. If Cat C prices drop below what you paid (Cat D)then look into a possible refund.

If the D is now cheaper you can book it and get a refund but you will be placed in a Cat D cabin. The new price does not include any upgrade. NCL often runs specials book a D get a C, Book a BC get a BB etc.

Archived