Cooler with wheels

Dee88

Has anyone taken a hard cooler with wheels as a carry on at the Piers in NYC?

Leaving on Saturday and read that someone has done this at another port.

Would like to do this but afraid they might not let it go on.

I've only heard of problems with hard coolers being taken as a carry on. When we recently went on the Pride and the Ecstasy, we checked our hard cooler. It was full of sodas and bottled water, but no ice. We added the ice when we got to our cabin.

Check the cooler as luggage. I know a while ago Carnival stopped letting people bring on soda because of the huge amounts of people using the roller coolers. It would hold the lineup for security as the things wouldnt fit throught the xray machine. SO the people had to empty them out.. etc./etc.

Checking them in is not a problem.

If its the size of a small suitcase then it shouldnt be a problem. It should b able to fit through the machine. I use a small 12 can cooler. I pack away the cooler until I get my suticases- carry on the 12 pack of cans. I ask the cabin steward to get rid of the ince bicket..and fill the cooler with ice. I dont keep all 12 cans on ice as it has to last me all week.

• 4 weeks later...

waterproof cooler on wheels that zips closed. The top of the "lid" has a zipper that reveals an extra "pop-up" nylon tote on top. The tote extends up about another 18"! :p I think I'm going to use this as my "carry-on" and fold up my overdoor shoe rack (with items in it) and pack it in the tote part, along with my other stuff... putting the liquids in the cooler part (no ice). I think that, along with my 25" suitcase, should suffice for me! :D

Lisa

P.S. Cost was $24 from Sam's Club!

Archived