Boston Restaurant

mommiemudd

We will be in Boston this weekend before our cruise. I am looking for restaurant choices for Friday and Saturday night. Prefer Italian and seafood. We will be staying at the Millenium Bostonian which is near Quincy Market. Looking for something great but casual as we will have a 5 year old with us. Thanks!

We will be in Boston this weekend before our cruise. I am looking for restaurant choices for Friday and Saturday night. Prefer Italian and seafood. We will be staying at the Millenium Bostonian which is near Quincy Market. Looking for something great but casual as we will have a 5 year old with us. Thanks!

If you want great seafood try Legal Seafood which is located at Quincy and just fine for your 5 yr old. Another great casual place is Durgin Park....known for the best prime rib and very casual home cooking. If you like Mexican try Zuma. Sorry can't help with Italian...not something we eat while in B-town. All of the mentioned are located in Quincey! Enjoy and have a great cruise!!

We have enjoyed Tia's near the waterfront for lobster and steak - in fact it's right next door to the Marriott Long Wharf. We also loved the Union Oyster House which is the oldest restaurant in Boston.

So many good restaurants in the area. Above suggestions are great, but for Italian, make sure you go the the North End. You can walk there from Quincy Market and dine at anyone of the numerous italian restaurants on Hanover st. as well as the surrounding neighborhood. Enjoy and have a great time on your cruise.

If you choose Legal's there is one a short walk from Quincy Market and overlooks the harbor and New England Aquarium. For italian as mentioned just walk to the North End and get on Hanover St. there are many many small restaurants on this street and you won't go wrong with any of them. Just pick one and you will enjoy. Before you head home cross the street and go to Mike's Pastries (also on Hanover). You will need to wait in line, but it will be worth it. Fanieul Hall has a bunch of restaurants including Durgin Park and Union Bay Oyster House as mentioned, there is also a Cheer's and some pizza places, but I would make the walk. Legal's will be very good for you. Beware of a potential wait times.

I know the OP has already made reservations, but for Italian AND seafood, we go to the Daily Catch on Hanover Street (assuming it's still there - I haven't been in a few years). It's a hole in the wall - no restroom or dessert (go across the street for both), but the food is amazing!

For the OP and anyone else interested I guess...

Union Oyster House is SUPERB. Neptune Oyster is great too.

For Sushi, Fugakyu simply cannot be beat! It's off of the Green Line C, before Coolidge Corner. It's a must have =)

• 1 month later...

Many good resturants near Quincy Market.

Love Italian? Go to the North End.. Across the street literally (a big street).. There are many wonderful Italian resturants there, most are family friendly. Modern Pastry is awesome.. Try Strega, true Italian.. There are so many family owned eateries there.

Seafood? You can't take a turn without running into one. A short walk from QM is Anthony's Peir 4, long ago established, they may be a bit pricy, but consistently good. Legal Seafood is always good. Locke-Ober has some of the best lobster chowder I've ever had (again pricy).. Durgen Park is an old resturant, a pretty good prime rib, good boston baked beans and good corn bread...

Go to the Aquarium, the 5 year old will love it... About 2 or so miles away from QM is the Children's Museum, which is also a good take...

Have fun in Boston...

Anothy's Pier4 is close.. The Seaport Hotel has a new resturant in it, I forget the name, but it's supposed to be good. The Marriot Long Warf has a very good resturant, Again I forget the name... You're a short cab ride from the North End and some very good Italian food.

Good luck..

I like the Barking Crab. It's in the seaport area. Casual, good food and laid back atmosphere. It's right across the street from the Moakley Courthouse. Another is the No Name. It's cheap, no frills seafood. The seafood chowder and fried seafood are the best. Nothing is super close to the terminal but it's not that long of a walk on a nice day.

If you choose Legal's there is one a short walk from Quincy Market and overlooks the harbor and New England Aquarium. For italian as mentioned just walk to the North End and get on Hanover St. there are many many small restaurants on this street and you won't go wrong with any of them. Just pick one and you will enjoy. Before you head home cross the street and go to Mike's Pastries (also on Hanover). You will need to wait in line, but it will be worth it. Fanieul Hall has a bunch of restaurants including Durgin Park and Union Bay Oyster House as mentioned, there is also a Cheer's and some pizza places, but I would make the walk. Legal's will be very good for you. Beware of a potential wait times.

yummmmmmm - Mikes Pastries: http://mikespastry.com/specialties.html

Archived