Crown Princess - Cost of Specialty Restaurants

kfiorello

Hi: I have some questions about food costs on the ship.

1. Can someone verify the additional cost per person for the specialty restaurants on the Crown princess. Also, are gratuities included for these specialty restaurants in the $10/per person/per day charge?

2. Also, I've read that they charge for ice cream...what kind of ice cream is it? Fresh or packaged - how much does it cost?

3. Are drinks and appetizers served during the Captain's cocktail party? If so, is there a cost and how much?

Thanks.

We paid $20 per person in the alternate restaurants. That $20 includes your tip in the specialty restaurant but we tipped extra as the service was great.

The ice cream prices were somewhere about $3.00 or $4.00, depending on what you ordered. There is free ice cream in the buffets for an hour each afternoon.

We skipped the Captains party, so I can't answer that for you.

Extra Charges for : verbatim via Princess:

Specialty Restaurants

Variety is the spice of life, especially when it comes to gourmet fare. That's why Princess offers several Specialty Dining options for you to choose from on every ship. These distinctive restaurants provide intimate dining in an upscale atmosphere. Reservations are suggested at these popular venues. And because these restaurants at sea are truly a special treat, a cover charge will apply per person.

Crown Steak House is $ 25 plus another $10 for each lobster.

Sabatini's is $20 and no lobster in a whole..

Sabatini's serves up an authentic Italian dining experience in a remarkable eight-course meal. The stellar menu features both local seafood specialties and other regional favorites.

Gratuities are never included even though they say the service charge is... sounds like the ex President a little huh...

Ice Cream and Gelato is charged for most of the time in the self standing units which dispense it.

One half to one hour a day a so called Ice Cream is dispensed on one side of the buffet area on the Lido Deck. HINT: It is the side which is closed then..

Dining rooms for Lunch and Dinner do provide good Ice Cream and a variety of flavors (Flavours) too.. *HINT* In the specialty addition charge eateries they will ask you if you>> want a Limoncello and that they do charge for.. Just ask them the Cost before you say yes...

Drinks and appys are given out GRATIS during the Captians Cocktail time.. Yes you may ask the server for the Drink you want too. Otherwise you will get the watered down drinks..

I still wish they had Dr Pepper..otherwise I order a Jack Up ^:eek:

Hi: I have some questions about food costs on the ship.

1. Can someone verify the additional cost per person for the specialty restaurants on the Crown princess. Also, are gratuities included for these specialty restaurants in the $10/per person/per day charge?

2. Also, I've read that they charge for ice cream...what kind of ice cream is it? Fresh or packaged - how much does it cost?

3. Are drinks and appetizers served during the Captain's cocktail party? If so, is there a cost and how much?

Thanks.

Archived