Ramada Ft. Lauderdale

2sightseers

Has anyone stayed at the Ramada, Rte. 84, Ft. Lauderdale? Their price is reasonable ($115 per night), free buffet breakfast and free shuttles from airport and to ship. A rental car is preferable, as they aren't walking distance to any restaurants. They can arrange for car rental and car can be left there for pick-up.

I'm just curious if anyone has stayed there or knows anything about it. Haven't seen it mentioned on board. Thanks

We stayed there in January of this year and found our stay most pleasant. Unfortunately, the only thing wrong with this motel is that it's old and located right at the exit of I-95..Our rooms were clean, people were helpful and friendly. We drove from SC but our family was picked up by shuttle from airport...No problems. They have a lovely restaurant and the food is reasonable and good. The morning buffet breakfast is great. The grounds, which nobody sees, are beautiful..Tropical plants and at night are all lit up. Our family had no problem with shuttle in the morning. I think you need to make reservation as you arrive...Any other questions, I'll be happy to help.

We stayed for one cruise pre-night in May 2007, and after reading all the horrible reviews on these boards. we were pleasantly surprised. I agree, there is nothing in walking distance. The motel itself was fine. We found the staff to be friendly and polite. The food was not bad and the price was right. The lounge chairs and tables at the pool area need to cleaned but as long as you used a towel to sit on you were fine. There is a cabana at the pool for snacks and drinks which worked out nicely. We did use the shuttle from the airport to the motel but then we used Sun & Moon express for our transportation to Port Everglades. Edwin Gonzales runs the business and he is a very nice man. The charge is $8.00 per person and he uses very nice passenger vans in good condition. You can contact him at SUNandMoonexpress.com. Anyways, back to the Ramada, for one night you can't go wrong. You can take a taxi to the food store which is only a few minutes away where you can purchase water, beer, wine and there is a spirits store right next door to the food store.

Hope this helps:)

• 1 month later...

We stayed in April for 1 night pre-cruise: hubby, 2 kids and I. Our "on-a-budget" criteria was: free transportation to/from airport and cruiseport, free breakfast and a clean friendly place with a pool. Seriously, for the one night it was fine. We all ate well for dinner and breakfast, the staff were very kind and the kids had a blast chasing lizards through the greenery and playing in the pool.

From all the poor reviews I expected MUCH worse but really, if you're on a budget and don't need all the bells & whistles, you could do so much worse.

NOW... we went here knowing there was no local sight-seeing, shopping, etc in the vicinity. If that's a criteria of yourse then there are much better accomodations out there for you. But if it's just for a full belly & nice bed for a low price, you're all set. :)

HTH!

Caroline

p.s. Ask for a ground floor room - you don't want to schlep a weeks worth of luggage up the stairs!

We stayed here prior to our Caribbean Princess Cruise Nov 2006, and are booked in again for Nov 2007, this tells you we found it okay. Having nothing near by is a problem, but for a $10 cab ride return (which is far less then you would have to pay extra for pretty well every other hotel) you can get to restaurants / stores. It may be limited, but the pricing, and the free transportation to/from airport and cruise port is the kicker.

Archived