Designer Imposter...purses???

mueller74us

From my terrible memory, I can remember that we found them along the main drag in a flea market type setup. They were under tarp tents and there were several different tents to choose from. If they're still in the same location, you won't miss them.

Erin,

You are correct. Now, we bought our "genuine" handbags in Nassau at the straw market. I did see them in the "tarp covered" shopping area in St Thomas though. I don't know how prices compare, we didn't stop at this shopping area, only saw them in passing.

Karen

I just returned from my cruise and I was hoping to find some great deals on purses...they definitely have plenty of "designer-like" handbags at the above mentioned tent market in St. Thomas, all over in St. Maarten, and San Juan. I saw the best quality fakes in St. Thomas, but I could not bring myself to buy one...they were still at least $50 and the leather was obviously plastic. When I was in San Juan, I saw a Coach Outlet and I saw some nice purses on sale for as low as $103 and $127....the quality difference is well worth paying a little more I think....best of luck!!

if you are cruising out of NYC or NJ you should check out China Town. You can get two "designer" purses for $50. Beware, you go through back doors and buildings around the corner.

I got a fake one (COACH) two years ago. Still looks good and I use it everyday!

I can't afford a real one LOL or I won't be able to cruise:D

Although I did not personally buy a purse,I did have a chance to see one that was purchased at the market between the ship and town(tarp covered stands with many purses on them) and I have to tell you,it was good. It was a "coach" bag and after careful inspection,I would have not known it was a fake. It cost the girl $20.

That will be a must stop on my list during my St Thomas visit.

Not really, but they are right downtown where all the main shopping/dining is. If you take a taxi downtown, you will see the tarp-covered shopping area across the corner from Little Switzerland. Can't miss it!

Archived