Alaskan RR Kenai Fjord 6 hr. cruise

sglenc

We're booked on a 6 hr. Resurrection Bay/Kenai Fjord cruise through Alaskan RR on August 25, 2004. Its a long day, leaving Anchorage early in the AM and returning late at night. Our real concern is sea sickness. The boat we'll be on is fairly large, 150 or 250 passengers. But one of us gets sick easily. Is dramamene(sp) generally effective? Any advice? Or should we just take the shorter Resurrection Bay tour? Appreciate any first hand experiences.

Thanks

I don't recommend this- it is just too long of a day. My opinion only. As for seasickness- the Kenai fjords boat tours go through rough areas and I have seen sick passengers EVERY trip. Better may be to consider Bonine?? Consult your MD for recommendations. But do take precautions. I would also strongly encourage you to consider this also if you are on a cruise. I also don't recomemnd the bay cruises, the longer wildlife cruises are so much better. [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Appreciate for the information. We know its a long day but that's the way it has to be. The choice was do it as a long day or don't do it at all. Do you know if the end of August is subject to severe weather?

We'll look into the Bonine.

Thanks,
Steve

My wife gets car sick and wears a patch on every cruise. She also takes bonine with her just in case. For the Kenai Fjords trip, she took one the night before and again that morning and she was fine. There are some rough sections but the capt is looking to go where rough water is minimized. We had one woman on the boat that was sick the whole time because she didn't take anything.

Re: when we're doing Kenai Fjord

We've booked a 7 day cruise on the Coral Princess (Vancouver to Anchorage) and a land tour which includes 1 night in Fairbanks, 2 nights in Danali & one nignt in Anchorage. Then we added an extra night in Anchorage to accomodate the Anchorage to Seward/Kenai Fjord trip and return to Anchorage late that night. Our flight home is late the next night.

Steve

Archived