Does Trunk Bay have snorkel rentals?

cayenneblue

Trying to decide whether to lug ours along, or not........... We don't have an excursion planned, so we'll probably take the ferry over from St. Thomas (Red Hook?), and take a taxi from there.

Also - what do you do with your camera's and valuables while snorkeling??

Thanks!!

2 days and counting! :D

Good choice. Truk bay is the best beach in caribbean. Locker is available in truk bay. No beach chair for rent, bring you own. This is the pictures I took from truk bay few weeks ago. Some of them where taking in 2000.

http://www.geocities.com/kmsu2000/caribbean/pr.html

Taxi from Cruise terminal to red hook is $8 per person. Ferry leave every hour to St. John for $5 per person. he Ferry ride take 20 minutes. From St. John ferry dock to Truk Bay is another $6 taxi PP. $4 pp to getin the beach.

Another option is leave from downtown St, Thomas. Taxi ride is $5, ferry leave every two hours the ride is 45 minutes, $10 PP.

[url=http://www.geocities.com/kmsu2000/caribbean/pr.html][/url]

if you plan on going later after lunch, they put the snorkel gear away. last time we were there, we had our masks/snorkels, they were finished for the day with the rentals. we begged to let us rent fins for an hour, they finally gave in.. in the am no problem, but the cruise people r all over! we go on our own as well, taxi to red hook, ferry to st john, taxi to trunk bay..alot cheaper than the ship!! and u stay as long as u want. the ship stayed an hour and back they go!

Good choice. Truk bay is the best beach in caribbean. Locker is available in truk bay. No beach chair for rent, bring you own. This is the pictures I took from truk bay few weeks ago. Some of them where taking in 2000.

http://www.geocities.com/kmsu2000/caribbean/pr.html

Taxi from Cruise terminal to red hook is $8 per person. Ferry leave every hour to St. John for $5 per person. he Ferry ride take 20 minutes. From St. John ferry dock to Truk Bay is another $6 taxi PP. $4 pp to getin the beach.

Another option is leave from downtown St, Thomas. Taxi ride is $5, ferry leave every two hours the ride is 45 minutes, $10 PP.

Great pictures - thanks!:p

When we were there in February, they rented all snorkel equipment and beach chairs also. We took our own mask and snorkel, and rented fins, vests, and chairs.

If you click on the link to my Mariner review in my signature, I have pretty detailed directions and costs on getting there.

It is so worth the effort!!!

Have a great time.

When we were there in February, they rented all snorkel equipment and beach chairs also. We took our own mask and snorkel, and rented fins, vests, and chairs.

If you click on the link to my Mariner review in my signature, I have pretty detailed directions and costs on getting there.

It is so worth the effort!!!

Have a great time.

I know it can seem a pain to lug your own gear, but I was underwhelmed with the sanitizing procedures at the Trunk Bay rental and really glad that DH and I had brought our own gear along. That alone is reason to bring it, IMO.

beachchick

Archived