OK to leave from NJ in Dec?

BOSoxFan19

I was curious if anyone has cruised from the northeast coast to the caribbean in early December before. I just booked a 12 night southern caribbean cruise that leaves from NJ the first week of Dec, but I'm nervous it's going to be rough seas until we get south. Has anyone done it before?

I was curious if anyone has cruised from the northeast coast to the caribbean in early December before. I just booked a 12 night southern caribbean cruise that leaves from NJ the first week of Dec, but I'm nervous it's going to be rough seas until we get south. Has anyone done it before?

Rough seas can happen any time of year. Cold weather doesn't cause rough seas. Storms cause rough seas. I would be more concerned about flight delays than rough seas when cruising during the winter.

Well I have sailed 3 times in November from NYC, and each time the first night was just a little bit rough not bad at all. The last night was kind of the same. I really did not feel it much after taking Bonnie.

I guess I have been pretty lucky....hope it works out okay for you.

Linda

My fiancee's grandparents take a cruise from NYC to the caribbean every year in mid-December. It's hit or miss. Just like a previous poster said, depends on the weather. The only complaint I heard from them was,

"It was very cold in NY when we returned" :p

Have a wonderful time!

The seas can be rough no matter what time of the year and can vary from cruise to cruise. I wouldn't worry about it and you picked a great time to cruise since it will be cooler where you are leaving from and you will be sailing to places with great weather.

Have a wonderful time.

Keith

We had smooth sailing this past December for the NYE cruise. Even the crew remarked how unseasonable the weather was.

The friends I sailed with had gone the year before & the seas were ROUGH. I'll spare you the gory, graphic details they shared with me. :o

You just never know. Be prepared for the worst.

Archived