April 20 cruise to Bermuda- weather?

Flyerfan12

Hi! This is my first post here. We are looking at cruising from NJ April 20 and are wondering how the cruising weather will be. We already checked weather in Bermuda for that time but would like to know the temps on the sea. We originally considered a balcony but if it will be too cold we would just go for an outside cabin with window.

Thanks! :)

We cruised to Bermuda May 27th. Weather was cool down and back from Boston. Weather in Bermuda was pleasant with highs in the 70's and lows in the mid 60's. The water temp was coolish, 72 degrees. That is about the warmest the water gets in New England but it was kind of cool for snorkeling. We dragged our snorkeling gear and I used it for 20 minutes max the whole 3 days we were there.

The weather was nice for sightseeing and pleasant for some time on the beach. If I were to go again (I have been 7 times0 I would choose a date later in the summer or fall as the water is warmer and so is the air temp.

I think April has highs in the mid 60's to low 70's. Water temp would be too cool for spending any length of time in the water. Bermudians do not swim till the end of May or beginning of June.

If you are looking to sightsee, golf or play tennis, April would be fine. IMHO way to cool to justify the price of a balcony.:o

Enjoy, Kathy

Archived