Arranging Pearl CC Gathering

kb996

For anyone that arranged a cruise critinc gathering on the Pearl can you tell me who you emailed to arrange it? Also did you have to give them cabin numbers of participents or just a number of how many would be attending?

I know there are email addresses posted on these boards but I keep getting timed out tonight searching.

Thanks,

I was on the May 27th sailing - the cruise director, asst. cruise director, hotel director, and food & beverage director showed up. The M&G was at 10:30 on Monday - around 50 people show up. There was light refreshments and juices. I don't know if it is b/c of the good turnout or not, but they arranged a free game of bowling on Saturday afternoon for those of us who showed up to the M&G. That was a nice perk to receive.

You simply email shipcoordinatorpearl@ncl.com and tell them the approx number of people that will be at the meet and greet. It is usually held at 1030am on the first sea day. They will provide some light refreshments
It's been reported that the ship coordinator on some ships has gone out of her/his way to set up CC gatherings and provide refreshments, etc. However, they aren't obligated to provide anything. I'm only saying that in case you expect certain things because you read it here and then what you get is something else. Recently someone posted that when they asked if refreshments would be provided, they were given a price list.

It's been reported that the ship coordinator on some ships has gone out of her/his way to set up CC gatherings and provide refreshments, etc. However, they aren't obligated to provide anything. I'm only saying that in case you expect certain things because you read it here and then what you get is something else. Recently someone posted that when they asked if refreshments would be provided, they were given a price list.

We were told on the Pearl by Micheal, HD, that he reads CC and would be happy to help with any issues that happened. He was instrumental in helping with our M&G that we had. I think the post you are referring to was a communication problem. :) We had coffee, tea and pastries for our hungries.

BTW, Micheal had a copy of my emails sent to the ship coordinator.

We were told on the Pearl by Micheal, HD, that he reads CC and would be happy to help with any issues that happened. He was instrumental in helping with our M&G that we had. I think the post you are referring to was a communication problem. :) We had coffee, tea and pastries for our hungries.

BTW, Micheal had a copy of my emails sent to the ship coordinator.

It's great that Michael goes out of his way like that for CC members. I think some of the other ships have people that know about CC and do what they can. It's too bad that CC can't have official meetings. We love the ones on RCCL. Somehow I always end up with the RCCL mouse with a ship in it. :)

hello I am in charge of setting up our meet and greet meeting for the August 5 cruise on the Pearl. I am new to cruising and all of this, but the group still decided it was ok for me to set the 'party' up. I don't want anything to go wrong. I am so worried that it won't turn out and it will start everyones cruise on a bad note. I don't want that. I was told to contact the ships event planner but if I read this post right they are saying the HD. The names are not the same, any one know who I am suppose to contact? What kind of things did any groups do for fun? What did any groups do for the kids? thanks for your help

tr4

hello I am in charge of setting up our meet and greet meeting for the August 5 cruise on the Pearl.

tr4

Just email the ship's coordinator like BlueBreeze said and you'll be fine. Michael reads and answers CC's posts - he uses several screen names. Who knows, he may have already responded to this one. :p

Why can't CC have official M&G's?
I don't know how or when it happened but back in the day RCCL and Celebrity got into a contract saying they had exclusivity in hosting CC parties and using CC logos, etc. on their website. I don't know if other cruise lines were approached and they're the only ones that were interested. But for now and the foreseeable future no one else can have an "official" gathering set up by the cruise line and advertised by the cruise line.

hello I am in charge of setting up our meet and greet meeting for the August 5 cruise on the Pearl. I am new to cruising and all of this, but the group still decided it was ok for me to set the 'party' up. I don't want anything to go wrong. I am so worried that it won't turn out and it will start everyones cruise on a bad note. I don't want that. I was told to contact the ships event planner but if I read this post right they are saying the HD. The names are not the same, any one know who I am suppose to contact? What kind of things did any groups do for fun? What did any groups do for the kids? thanks for your help

tr4

All your communications will be through the ship's coordinator/event planner. They in turn are in communication with the HD. I had no contact with the HD until the day of our M&G. It will go great. We planned a bowling tournament and a dinner party at LaCuchina. I cannot help with the children's things as we had no children. Are you in a suite?

I don't know how or when it happened but back in the day RCCL and Celebrity got into a contract saying they had exclusivity in hosting CC parties and using CC logos, etc. on their website. I don't know if other cruise lines were approached and they're the only ones that were interested. But for now and the foreseeable future no one else can have an "official" gathering set up by the cruise line and advertised by the cruise line.

Cecilia, our meet and greet letters onboard the Pearl had the CC logo on them.:confused:

Dwrist, sorry for the typing error:eek: Did you ask to bowl together or did the ship just set that up? The bowling was why we picked this ship:) My husband and I bowl and everyone is waiting for a report about bowling at sea. tr4

Tr4--we set it up ourselves but HD made the arrangements, reservations for the time. It was free one game bowling for our group and one round of drinks. Our conceirge helped with the notices to all in our group. Enoy your cruise and bowling. Remember it is not regulation size, but fun. Many gutter balls because of the rolling of the ship but great fun. :)

Yes---ssshhh;)

We sailed on the Star on New Year's and Michael was the hotel director, before moving to the Pearl.

There was a slight mixup about our meet and greet but I can tell you that Michael went out of his way to make sure it didn't happen again, even going as far as setting up another CC meeting and putting it in the ship's daily newspaper.

I am in charge of the cruise critic get together for our sailing on the Pearl on June 24 and I have already been in touch with Michael and he has already set it up for us.

Because of the mixup on the Star and not having a way to get in touch with all the CCer's on board, I have gotten everyone on our roll call to give me their names and cabin numbers so if something comes up - we can get the word to them.

Michael is one of the most accessible hotel directors we have ever encountered on our cruises. If he sees you during his tours of the ship, he always has time for a word or two.

We are really looking forward to renewing our friendship with him during our cruise to Alaska.

So don't worry about your meet and greet - you will be well taken care of.

dennis

Archived