Soda Card?

oraf7

As far as I know the soda card is only sold at the beginning of the cruise. They set up tables all over the place. So don't wait! The cost is a set price PER DAY plus 15% gratuity. So if the cost is $4 per day, a four day cruise would cost $16 plus 15% gratuity, or $18.40.

Also you don't actually get a separate card just to get soda. It's a Coke or Sprite sticker that they apply to your card (S&S card as some call them). They also give you that insulated Coke mug.

This is an issue we regularly grapple with each cruise. For my three girls, the sticker is worth it! They drink between 4-7 soft drinks and Shirley Temples a day!!!!

For me I usually do not get it because I do not drink coke products. Yet, on one cruise I could have save about $28.00 if I had the sticker. DW usually breaks even with the sticker, but she loves diet coke.

Someone did mention that the coke can sometimes be watered down. I have noticed that, too, but for me, I actually prefer it that way. (Yes, I know, I am not a purist! But I prefer my cola sweeter, like pepsi. Sorry!:o )

We just got off the Crown on the 17th, and my kids were permitted to get Shirley Temples and the crew also made cherry cokes for them when they asked. It is well worth the cost to get the card.

are there any furit punches or juicys on the cruise that are free?

DOLPHIN: The juice at the breakfast buffet is free. At other times, I have simply asked at one of the bars for a glass of juice and I have never been charged, nor was I asked for a soda sticker. The bartender was always happy to oblige me. As far as punch is concerned, do you mean alcohol free punch? If so, I do not recall ever seeing it on any of the Princess cruises I have been on, but then again, I usually look for the rum punch;) .

As far as I know the soda card is only sold at the beginning of the cruise. They set up tables all over the place. So don't wait! The cost is a set price PER DAY plus 15% gratuity. So if the cost is $4 per day, a four day cruise would cost $16 plus 15% gratuity, or $18.40.

I know that on Carnival you can buy the cards any day. They just discount the card on a pro-rated basis. So I can't see why it would be any different for Princess. I'm sure they'd never say no to taking your money.

Just some trivia for those that miss the old Coke. Kosher Coca cola is available in the New York area around Passover, and is made the old fashioned way with sugar instead of corn syrup. I am not sure if this is available in other parts of the country.

"Diet Coke" is DIET Coke........

All cruise lines (who use coke products) carry Diet Coke........

Definitely a communication error on the part of the people serving your daughter.......however, they don't carry caffeine free and that is a mistake...... I love the taste of caffeine-free diet coke!

Not all cruise lines....some bars on NCL Pearl had DIET and some had COKE LITE. There is a difference and I didnt like Coke LITE.

Archived