jeep rentals at pier

lori A.

I was eventually able to get an e-mail through to Super Car Rental. They are located right on the pier in Aruba. They sent back an e-mail confirmation so I feel much better! We sail the first week of December, so I'll post a reply on how it went.

• 4 months later...

I've been reading alot advice from your cruise. Did you end up renting a jeep ahead of time in Aruba or just walk off the ship and grab one? Were there many to choose from and what kind of rate. We're definately taking your suggestions for Isla Verde - can't wait for those cocktails!! Our date with destiny is Apr 3rd.

This is just a hint if you are thinking about renting a 4x4 in Aruba. Last October we (4 of us) went off the pier to a parking lot next to the pier. They were advertising 4 x 4 rentals at the pier and directed us behind them to a parking lot where they had a few 4 x 4's. 65.00 took the Geo Tracker (very small - no AC) and 75.00 took the Chev. Blazer - AC, though that is all that they had at the moment to rent. My husband looked into the Chev. Blazer and looked at me with an expression. He said "no thanks". He later told me that the odor in the 4x4 was like something had "died in there" and that the seats were full of dark stains!

I am only sharing our experience with those who are thinking of renting....I would definitely check out the vehicle first, as I would hate to spend the day 4 x 4 ing around the island with noseplugs on!

Well, so much for our 4 x 4 adventure, but we ended up taking a taxi to Palm Beach and had a blast there! Good decision in the end. The taxi driver gave us a short tour of the island before he dropped us off at the beach!

I've been reading alot advice from your cruise. Did you end up renting a jeep ahead of time in Aruba or just walk off the ship and grab one? Were there many to choose from and what kind of rate. We're definately taking your suggestions for Isla Verde - can't wait for those cocktails!! Our date with destiny is Apr 3rd.

Wish I could go with y'all on 04/03!!!! We rented a jeep in advance from Royal... www.arubaroyal.com

Our rate was $65 in October, but I'm sure the rates vary based on seasonality.

There were plenty available from vendors when we got off the ship, but I believe that would also depend on how many ships are in port when you go. I've seen that most folks charge about $80 for the day.

I can't wait to hear all about your cruise and time well spend in Isla Verde :)

We have prereserved a rental in Aruba. Just didn't want the hassel of looking around, checking prices and losing time. We are satisfied with the price, there only seemed to be a small difference between prices. We are also lucky enough to share costs with another couple.

The price is $75 including:liability insurance,all taxes and free mileage. Our prereserved auto is a Suzuki Vitara. We asked for a 4X4 hard top with airconditioning. Supercar rental said they are just outside the terminal. Guess we only extra will be the gas. I hope it all works as well as we have planned.

Booked this on Hertz website. They have location at pier, numerous hotels and at airport. Both AAA and American Airline discount code gives you 10% off. The rental is 75 less 10% before tax and CDW. CDW is 15.

The drawback is the office at the pier closes at 5pm. will find out if one can drop off car after office closes or has to return it to airport and then take a cab or bus back to pier.

Archived