Embarkation at Port Everglades

joan24

On the Princess website it says if you are a Platinum member or are in a Suite, not to stand in line. We fit both criteria. Do we just walk around the line and to the Platinum desk? It's been a couple of years since we sailed on Princess and I don't want to stand in line if I don't have to, but I also don't want to cut in front of people if I shouldn't. Thanks for any information.

Joan

We have found that, at times, the Platinum/Elite check in desk had longer lines than the regular check in. There is one pier that has a lounge for Platinum/Elite members to sit in before boarding.

On the Princess website it says if you are a Platinum member or are in a Suite, not to stand in line. We fit both criteria. Do we just walk around the line and to the Platinum desk? It's been a couple of years since we sailed on Princess and I don't want to stand in line if I don't have to, but I also don't want to cut in front of people if I shouldn't. Thanks for any information.

Joan

I know right where you are coming from on this, so I have to share a cute story about boarding in Fort Lauderdale last December.

Boarding was delayed, and we were at the pier that doesn't have a room to sit down. We arrived early with a few other people and all of us were Elite with Princess. We stood in line for several hours before they FINALLY began boarding, as said, it was delayed. Right before they opened the doors, up walks an elderly couple pushing their way to the front of the line waving their Black Elite cards, wearing their Elite pins, etc. They pushed and pushed until they got to the very front of the line. As they went by us, who were second in line, they actually got a bit rude and said "excuse me, we belong at the very front". We were all laughing hysterically that they must have thought they were the only Elite passengers onboard and they should be first to board. :)

Needless to say, we never said a word to them, mainly because of their age. But they are actually lucky we didn't, as they were so pushy, they didn't deserve the respect, but should have waited in line with the other 500 or more passengers that had arrived early and had been standing in line for what seemed forever.

So, I understand your question. If you arrive early, and you are at the pier with the sitting area, I think there are two of them, you will be given a number and allowed to sit down until boarding begins. Then you will board with the masses according to your boarding number. Those that need assistance are usually boarded first, Elite receive a #1 and I think platinum usually receive #2 or #3. As we have entered the room, we have been asked how many cruises we have taken with Princess, then they gave us the proper number for boarding.

Toto

This is a little off topic BUT...

We were on the Island Princess this past April and were standing in line for priority tendering when a lady pushed herself to the front demanding to be first as she was flashing her Elite card. :) She kept telling everyone that "they" told her she could be first because she was Elite. I informed her that we were ALL elite but it didn't matter to her.

I know right where you are coming from on this, so I have to share a cute story about boarding in Fort Lauderdale last December.

Boarding was delayed, and we were at the pier that doesn't have a room to sit down. We arrived early with a few other people and all of us were Elite with Princess. We stood in line for several hours before they FINALLY began boarding, as said, it was delayed. Right before they opened the doors, up walks an elderly couple pushing their way to the front of the line waving their Black Elite cards, wearing their Elite pins, etc. They pushed and pushed until they got to the very front of the line. As they went by us, who were second in line, they actually got a bit rude and said "excuse me, we belong at the very front". We were all laughing hysterically that they must have thought they were the only Elite passengers onboard and they should be first to board. :)

Needless to say, we never said a word to them, mainly because of their age. But they are actually lucky we didn't, as they were so pushy, they didn't deserve the respect, but should have waited in line with the other 500 or more passengers that had arrived early and had been standing in line for what seemed forever.

So, I understand your question. If you arrive early, and you are at the pier with the sitting area, I think there are two of them, you will be given a number and allowed to sit down until boarding begins. Then you will board with the masses according to your boarding number. Those that need assistance are usually boarded first, Elite receive a #1 and I think platinum usually receive #2 or #3. As we have entered the room, we have been asked how many cruises we have taken with Princess, then they gave us the proper number for boarding.

Great story and thanks for the :) !

Toto

This is a little off topic BUT...

We were on the Island Princess this past April and were standing in line for priority tendering when a lady pushed herself to the front demanding to be first as she was flashing her Elite card. :) She kept telling everyone that "they" told her she could be first because she was Elite. I informed her that we were ALL elite but it didn't matter to her.

Amazing isn't it? Not sure why these passengers think they put their pants on differently then the rest of us, but they sure seem to. LOL I doubt anyone will get away with doing this to me again after the last episode. I was kind once, I promise I won't be kind next time, especially after waiting in line for three hours because of the delayed boarding.

hey toto -- that old guy line crasher -- did he look like me?

Nope Earl, same ship, but different sailing, couldn't have been you. Besides, these guys were MUCH older................that is why I was so forgiving. Until I saw their attitude, age or not, if I would have known how they would act, I probably would have been a bit on the rude side right then and there. :) :)

When we boarded in January, it was shortly after Princess started their electronic boarding passes. They didn't even have special booths for Platinum/Elite. The boarding process was super-quick.

Although we're always eager to board, I try to restrain myself and not go to the pier too early. It's hot and we're standing in line with hundreds of people. When we get there just a bit later, we "sail" right through.

Archived