On board credit

Cruisin' Grandma

We have an onboard credit for our next Princess cruise. We have to book something by next February to take advantage of the credit. Does anyone know if this credit is transferrable? That is, if we book something and then have to cancel or rebook on another ship, can we transfer our credit even if it is after next February? We have asked our TA and also called Santa Clarita and received different answers.

Anyone have an answer?

Thanks.

We have an onboard credit for our next Princess cruise. We have to book something by next February to take advantage of the credit. Does anyone know if this credit is transferrable? That is' date=' if we book something and then have to cancel or rebook on another ship, can we transfer our credit even if it is after next February? We have asked our TA and also called Santa Clarita and received different answers.

Anyone have an answer?

Thanks.[/quote']

Does your credit say it MUST BE USED by a certain date? Or that you must BOOK by a certain date?

I just signed into the Princess website to see how our onboard credit is showing up. It says we must "sail by" 12/20/10. So our onboard credit expires four years after the date we paid our deposit during our Sun Princess cruise.

Does your credit say it MUST BE USED by a certain date? Or that you must BOOK by a certain date?

We must book by the end of February 2008. This credit was given due to a letter I wrote regarding our cruise last December on the Golden Princess. One of the Princess agents told us as long as we book something, we can transfer the credit to another booking, the next time we spoke to someone in Santa Clarita we were told that if we book and then cancel and book something else, the credit would be gone. We have been unable to get a straight answer from anyone.

Read your letter/agreement very, very carefully. We had a good-sized credit and booked a cruise that did not use up the entire credit. For our next booking, a customer service rep told me that the balance was forfeit since we didn't use the full amount on the earlier cruise. The agent said it was their policy. I faxed a copy of my letter from Princess and pointed out that this "policy" was not stated anywhere in the letter. After MUCH back-and-forth, they agreed to honor the credit.

Read your letter/agreement very, very carefully. We had a good-sized credit and booked a cruise that did not use up the entire credit. For our next booking, a customer service rep told me that the balance was forfeit since we didn't use the full amount on the earlier cruise. The agent said it was their policy. I faxed a copy of my letter from Princess and pointed out that this "policy" was not stated anywhere in the letter. After MUCH back-and-forth, they agreed to honor the credit.

Thanks for the warning, I'll make sure I read it again.

Archived