Missing month in 2008 for QE2??

sailsalot

Hey!

I had been thinking about a particular cruise on QE2 for 2008, but now when I looked at schedule, that particular cruise is not there anymore. it was a 10-day mediterranean cruise starting Oct. 12. It looks like there's nothing on the schedule from Sept. 30 to Oct. 27. Does anyone knoew what the ship will be doing during that month?

Thanks for solving this mystery!!

Wow, that was quick. This morning, Cunard announced the sale of QE2 as of Nov 2008. I immediately looked at the voyage finder, and it brought up a full slate of cruises for October-Nov 2008. I just checked the voyage finder again, and I see what you saw--hole in the schedule.

This time will be filled by different sailings. If you go to the Cunard website and read the press release, you will find a link to the new schedule.

You're not incompetent. I misremembered. It was a PDF attached to the email from Cunard (I'm signed up to receive emails from them), and not on their website. I tried to paste the link in here, but it won't "take." (apparently I'm incompetent)

Keep watching the Cunard website. I'm sure they'll get the new schedule in place asap. Try signing up for news and offers on the website, and maybe you'll get some info that way.

Good luck.

I must be really incompetent b/c I can't find that link on the press release page. Do you think you can copy it to here? Or tell me where to look? Sorry!

News Release here--it's from the Cunard--US version, don't know if it matters, but that's what was open when I read your request.

http://www.cunard.com/AboutCunard/NewsReleases.asp?Cat=&View=ViewArticle&Mode=News&ContentID=6656&Active=News

These are some of the new dates I received from my TA yesterday for 2008 :

10th Sep – Autumn Colours – 20nts

Southampton, New York, Newport, Boston, Bar Harbor, St John, Halifax, Quebec, St Johns, Southampton

$275pp onboard credit if you book this cruise with The CruiseKings

NEW - 30th Sep – British Isles Voyage – 10nts

Southampton, Cork, Dublin, Liverpool, Belfsat, Greenock, South Queensferry, Newcastle, Southampton

New voyage goes on sale on 27th June

NEW – 10th Oct – Westbound Transatlantic – 7nts

Southampton, to New York

In Tandem with Queen Mary 2

NEW – 16th Oct – Eastbound Transatlantic – 6nts

New York to Southampton

In Tandem with Queen Mary 2

22nd Oct – Autumn Getaway – 5nts

Southampton, Bilbao, La Rochelle, Guernsey, Southampton

Cruise on sale now

27th Oct – Mediterranean Odyssey – 15nts

Southampton, Lisbon, Cagliari, Naples, Sicily, Dubrovnik, Zakinthos, Athens, Gibraltar, Vigo, Southampton

Cruise on sale now

Hope this helps,

Marge M

Archived