Radiance of the Seas.....Past - Present - Future

Thank you Patti for the link. That is the link I have, but cannot see where it mentions Izumi and Boardwalk Dog House coming to Radiance

:confused:

I am not sure why you can not see it - Izumi is listed right under Rita's Cantina ... then Giovanni's - and then Dog House

I will just try to copy and paste from the link here:

In 2011, experience the Royal AdvantageSM when Royal Caribbean expands our most popular innovations to select ships, giving more to see, more to do, and more to love, to more guests than ever before. On Radiance of the Seas, there will be more to taste, savor and share as an array of dining options arrive onboard as of June 10, 2011. Other enhancements include a nursery, Diamond Lounge, and television upgrades.

After enhancement, guests will experience the beauty of soaring taiga forests, cascading waterfalls, and rolling tundra as Radiance of the Seas sails from Seward to other beautiful Alaskan ports including Juneau and Skagway.

Here are the enhancements in store for Radiance of the Seas:

headline_image

Royal Babies and Tots Nursery

Parents love our new colorful nursery where our littlest guests can be left in the care of our trained professionals, to enjoy specially-designed programming and playgroups designed by Fisher-Price® and Crayola®.

headline_image

Samba Grill

A Brazilian-style steakhouse experience with personality and flare, this churrascaria features 13 different main-course meats and seafoods carved tableside, and a wide selection of soups, salads and appetizers at the buffet.

headline_image

Rita's Cantina Mexican Fare

Liven things up with spicy flavors and colorful surroundings at Rita's Cantina. This lively and casual restaurant features tasty traditional Mexican fare and a comprehensive selection of margaritas. Caters to families by day, and adults by night, with live guitar performances and dancing.

headline_image

Izumi

The traditional Asian dishes at Izumi will impress you with their pure, delicate flavors, freshness of ingredients and impeccable presentation. Diners can choose from popular sushi rolls, sashami, our Hot Rock (Ishiyaki) Plates, sukiyaki and more.

headline_image

Giovanni's Table

At the very first bite, this traditional Italian trattoria will instantly transport you to the Tuscan coastline. Savor the tastes of this flavor-rich region, with classic dishes made from the freshest ingredients and served up family

headline_image

The Boardwalk Dog House

Stop by this outdoor hotdog specialty counter and choose from traditional hot dogs, brats, sausages and other delicious linked meats, plus a variety of toppings to split a long bun.

headline_image

Park Café

Grab a bite to eat at this delicious deli offering made-to-order salads, paninis and freshly prepared sandwiches, as well as a selection of gourmet pastries and coffee. The Park Café will be a tasty addition to ship's relaxing, adults-only Solarium area.

headline_image

Chef's Table

Experience our most intimate and decadent onboard dining at Chef's Table. In this exclusive space, 14 guests will enjoy a specially-prepared menu of gourmet selections, chosen by the evening’s featured chef, who will personally present each course. Before the wine-paired meal, guests have the opportunity to meet and mingle at a cocktail party.

headline_image

Diamond Lounge

Diamond and Diamond Plus Crown & Anchor Society members enjoy access to this lounge space, created to serve these loyal guests with concierge access, complimentary breakfast, and evening open bar.

headline_image

Technology enhancements

In staterooms, interactive televisions will allow guests to reserve shore excursions, order room service or check SeaPass account balances. Enhanced Wi-Fi service will provide even easier internet access, 24 hours a day, to guests' personal laptops.

headline_image

Existing features

Click here to see all of the amazing experiences currently onboard Radiance of the Seas.

I am not sure why you can not see it - Izumi is listed right under Rita's Cantina ... then Giovanni's - and then Dog House

In 2011' date=' experience the Royal AdvantageSM when Royal Caribbean expands our most popular innovations to select ships, giving more to see, more to do, and more to love, to more guests than ever before. On Radiance of the Seas, there will be more to taste, savor and share as an array of dining options arrive onboard as of June 10, 2011. Other enhancements include a nursery, Diamond Lounge, and television upgrades.

After enhancement, guests will experience the beauty of soaring taiga forests, cascading waterfalls, and rolling tundra as Radiance of the Seas sails from Seward to other beautiful Alaskan ports including Juneau and Skagway.

headline_image

Parents love our new colorful nursery where our littlest guests can be left in the care of our trained professionals, to enjoy specially-designed programming and playgroups designed by Fisher-Price® and Crayola®.

headline_image

Samba Grill

A Brazilian-style steakhouse experience with personality and flare, this churrascaria features 13 different main-course meats and seafoods carved tableside, and a wide selection of soups, salads and appetizers at the buffet.

headline_image

Liven things up with spicy flavors and colorful surroundings at Rita's Cantina. This lively and casual restaurant features tasty traditional Mexican fare and a comprehensive selection of margaritas. Caters to families by day, and adults by night, with live guitar performances and dancing.

headline_image

Izumi

The traditional Asian dishes at Izumi will impress you with their pure, delicate flavors, freshness of ingredients and impeccable presentation. Diners can choose from popular sushi rolls, sashami, our Hot Rock (Ishiyaki) Plates, sukiyaki and more.

headline_image

Giovanni's Table

At the very first bite, this traditional Italian trattoria will instantly transport you to the Tuscan coastline. Savor the tastes of this flavor-rich region, with classic dishes made from the freshest ingredients and served up family

headline_image

The Boardwalk Dog House

Stop by this outdoor hotdog specialty counter and choose from traditional hot dogs, brats, sausages and other delicious linked meats, plus a variety of toppings to split a long bun.

headline_image

Park Café

Grab a bite to eat at this delicious deli offering made-to-order salads, paninis and freshly prepared sandwiches, as well as a selection of gourmet pastries and coffee. The Park Café will be a tasty addition to ship's relaxing, adults-only Solarium area.

headline_image

Chef's Table

Experience our most intimate and decadent onboard dining at Chef's Table. In this exclusive space, 14 guests will enjoy a specially-prepared menu of gourmet selections, chosen by the evening’s featured chef, who will personally present each course. Before the wine-paired meal, guests have the opportunity to meet and mingle at a cocktail party.

headline_image

Diamond Lounge

Diamond and Diamond Plus Crown & Anchor Society members enjoy access to this lounge space, created to serve these loyal guests with concierge access, complimentary breakfast, and evening open bar.

headline_image

Technology enhancements

In staterooms, interactive televisions will allow guests to reserve shore excursions, order room service or check SeaPass account balances. Enhanced Wi-Fi service will provide even easier internet access, 24 hours a day, to guests' personal laptops.

headline_image

Existing features

Click here to see all of the amazing experiences currently onboard Radiance of the Seas.[/quote']

Thank you for posting the information for me, much appreciated! When I open the link, I see all the information except for Izumi and Boardwalk Dog House.

I think I know why - when I click the link posted by you earlier, it directs me to the information on the RCI website although it must be picking up that I am in Australia, and automatically changes part of the link to com.au instead of just .com .

I think the information on the Royal Caribbean Australia website does not mention the Izumi & Boardwalk Dog House, which is why it doesn't show when I click on your link.

I am looking forward to the new eateries! Thank you again for posting the information, much appreciated :)

Is there a convenient place to get coffee and tea throughout the day (and night) besides the Windjammer ??? We are use to Voyager class ships with the 24hr Cafe Promenade.

Just outside the WJ there is a 24 hour coffee/tea station.

There isn't any other place I can think of.

Thank you for posting the information for me, much appreciated! When I open the link, I see all the information except for Izumi and Boardwalk Dog House.

I think I know why - when I click the link posted by you earlier, it directs me to the information on the RCI website although it must be picking up that I am in Australia, and automatically changes part of the link to com.au instead of just .com .

I think the information on the Royal Caribbean Australia website does not mention the Izumi & Boardwalk Dog House, which is why it doesn't show when I click on your link.

I am looking forward to the new eateries! Thank you again for posting the information, much appreciated :)

I assume all of the new venues will be extra!?

Dean:cool:

Just outside the WJ there is a 24 hour coffee/tea station.

There isn't any other place I can think of.

They also used to have lemonade, ice tea, morning juices at this station, but in our last cruise, March 30, the only thing available was coffee and tea. I don't know whether this is a permanent change. It was great having lemonade available!

In 2011' date=' experience the Royal AdvantageSM when Royal Caribbean expands our most popular innovations to select ships, giving more to see, more to do, and more to love, to more guests than ever before. On Radiance of the Seas, there will be more to taste, savor and share as an array of dining options arrive onboard as of June 10, 2011. Other enhancements include a nursery, Diamond Lounge, and television upgrades.

headline_image

headline_image

Samba Grill

headline_image

headline_image

Izumi

headline_image

Giovanni's Table

headline_image

The Boardwalk Dog House

headline_image

Park Café

headline_image

Chef's Table

headline_image

Diamond Lounge

headline_image

Technology enhancements

headline_image

Existing features

Click here to see all of the amazing experiences currently onboard Radiance of the Seas.[/quote']

Am I right in assuming all of the new venues will cost extra?

Dean:eek::cool:

They also used to have lemonade, ice tea, morning juices at this station, but in our last cruise, March 30, the only thing available was coffee and tea. I don't know whether this is a permanent change. It was great having lemonade available!

Latte-tudes?

Latte-tudes?

Latte-tudes is located on Deck Five, near the Centrum and offers specialty coffee drinks, lattes, cappuccino, and espresso for a nominal fee. I've recently heard you can obtain regular coffee there at no charge...:confused: And I think the sweets in the case are complimentary too. It's open of course in the morning, and during the day for coffee breaks, or an after dinner cappuccino. The hours usually vary according to the ship and itinerary, so check your Compass.

DH and I were on the Radiance back in April of 2005 for our Honeymoon,, Eastern Carribean. Can we say WONDERFUL?!?!?!?! :rolleyes: It was a beautiful ship when we went, and with the upgrades that ya'll are talking about, I'm sure it will be even better. Hopefully one day we'll meet the Radiance again!:)

Happy Cruising!!

From Lisa Bauer's Blog last year. Click on the links and it will give you prices....

"Radiance will feature a Samba Grill where the current SeaView café currently is located, a Rita’s Cantina, an Izumi, our highly acclaimed Chef’s Table, Giovanni’s Table will replace Portofino and both the Boardwalk DogHouse and the Park Café will be added!

From Lisa Bauer's Blog last year. Click on the links and it will give you prices....

"Radiance will feature a Samba Grill where the current SeaView café currently is located, a Rita’s Cantina, an Izumi, our highly acclaimed Chef’s Table, Giovanni’s Table will replace Portofino and both the Boardwalk DogHouse and the Park Café will be added!

Thanks for the link!!

Dean:cool:

Oh no, I loved getting lemonade from the coffee station!

Dean--

Generally, yes. The dock at Aloha Tower Marketplace would be where Radiance would dock. We are doing HNL-SYD in September and I've already checked and that's where we will be. Are you doing that cruise? Or, perhaps, Vancouver to HNL?

Frank in sunny and windy SBA:cool:

Dean--

Generally, yes. The dock at Aloha Tower Marketplace would be where Radiance would dock. We are doing HNL-SYD in September and I've already checked and that's where we will be. Are you doing that cruise? Or, perhaps, Vancouver to HNL?

Frank in sunny and windy SBA:cool:

Frank,

We are doing Vancouver to Haw...and if we didnt have so many plans already made for our daughter to join us in Hon., would add the Hon. to Aust....will do it next cruise. Thank you for the info!

Dean:eek:

Can somebody please help me solve a little cabin puzzle for me? I was checking for cabin availability for my Sept 16 Hawaii cruise, and today a set of cabins showed up on the available list. I cannot seem to find them on the deck plan. The numbers are 4582, 4584, 4586, 4588, 4590. Am I overlooking them on the deck plan? Are they adding cabins during dry dock? Other thoughts?

thanks,

Wendy

Can somebody please help me solve a little cabin puzzle for me? I was checking for cabin availability for my Sept 16 Hawaii cruise, and today a set of cabins showed up on the available list. I cannot seem to find them on the deck plan. The numbers are 4582, 4584, 4586, 4588, 4590. Am I overlooking them on the deck plan? Are they adding cabins during dry dock? Other thoughts?

thanks,

Wendy

The Breakers Dining Room is going away during drydock and the Guest Relations desk is moving too. The new rooms will be in that area.

The Breakers Dining Room is going away during drydock and the Guest Relations desk is moving too. The new rooms will be in that area.

Where are they putting the Guest Relations Desk? We were told that the new cabins being added are for single occupancy.

Archived