Radiance of the Seas.....Past - Present - Future

Char, Captain Trym Selvag will be returning from vacation on September 7, replacing Capt. Rune. We sailed last April with Capt. Trym, and he is just as personable as Capt. Rune without the Hurdy Gurdy Kiss Kiss overtones! And Captain Trym's noon time announcements are not quite as lengthy as Capt. Rune's are.

Thanks Patti! :D

Ya know...I really don't know which one of you is the poster! :p I see Jim's name first in the sig line, but I see Patti's face predominantly in the avatar! So who DO I address my post to? Inquiring minds want to know! :D

Captain Rune is planning on staying on Radiance for a while longer. There was talk of him moving but that has changed. He told me himself in March and again in a email on Friday.

Captain Trym is nice but too me lacks the joy and playfulness that Captain Rune has and shows everyday. The Radiance was just named the friendliest ship in 2007 and Captain Rune is a major reason for that because the crew love him and he loves them in return and it shows to the passengers in how happy they all are to be onboard.

chelle:D

Ya know...I really don't know which one of you is the poster! :p I see Jim's name first in the sig line, but I see Patti's face predominantly in the avatar! So who DO I address my post to? Inquiring minds want to know! :D

Jim ... POST???? He's the King of all Lurkers!!!! :eek: HA! (behind every man there is a great woman ... in this case it's in FRONT of every man there is a great woman!)

~d

Char.......Patti, that's me, is the poster. Jim is the lurker and catches all of my errors!

Jim ... POST???? He's the King of all Lurkers!!!! :eek: HA! (behind every man there is a great woman ... in this case it's in FRONT of every man there is a great woman!)

~d

No, no, no..............behind every great woman is a man........if it wasn't for us women...........there would be no men!!;)

Captain Rune is planning on staying on Radiance for a while longer. There was talk of him moving but that has changed. He told me himself in March and again in a email on Friday.

Captain Trym is nice but too me lacks the joy and playfulness that Captain Rune has and shows everyday. The Radiance was just named the friendliest ship in 2007 and Captain Rune is a major reason for that because the crew love him and he loves them in return and it shows to the passengers in how happy they all are to be onboard.

Thanks for the info Chelle. I know that many of Capt. Rune's followers will be very glad to hear that he will be returning to Radiance.

Though Captain Rune is a wonderful Captain and person and the crew does love him............ Capt. Trym does not lack the joy and playfulness that Capt. Rune projects......he just does conveys it in a completely different way. Seeing that we sailed with Capt. Trym this past April on Radiance and this was his first ship after being land based for a while.............once he gets his sea legs back in shape...........he will be just as witty as Capt. Rune.;)

And Capt. Trym's wife Chantal is also great with the pax in the WJ. Very outgoing and friendly. Though I do miss Allan.

Capt. Rune said the same thing to me in March about Capt. Trym but last week with him I just didn't see it, at least not to the degree that Capt. Rune has it. I like them both but Capt. Rune is my favorite.

I didn't see Chantel too much in the Windjammer, Z is the manager now and Chantel seemed to pass by once in a while but not as much as in March. Though I do believe she said she had family or friends onboard and that could of played a part.

I just got a confirmation from Captain Rune, he's back for 10 weeks on and off and is staying on Radiance for the next two years at least.

Over all though the Radiance is still my favorite ship and the crew are all still as wonderful on the 19th trip as they were on the 1st. I can't wait to go back again!!!!

P.S. I miss Allan too and so does the Radiance. Its not the same in the Windjammer without him there.

Capt. Rune said the same thing to me in March about Capt. Trym but last week with him I just didn't see it, at least not to the degree that Capt. Rune has it. I like them both but Capt. Rune is my favorite.

I didn't see Chantel too much in the Windjammer, Z is the manager now and Chantel seemed to pass by once in a while but not as much as in March. Though I do believe she said she had family or friends onboard and that could of played a part.

I just got a confirmation from Captain Rune, he's back for 10 weeks on and off and is staying on Radiance for the next two years at least.

Over all though the Radiance is still my favorite ship and the crew are all still as wonderful on the 19th trip as they were on the 1st. I can't wait to go back again!!!!

I agree, Capt. Trym will never be Hurdy Gurdy Kiss Kiss like Capt. Rune........but maybe in time. I did like the shorter announcements at noon time though, with Capt. Trym. And since Capt. Trym is married (with his wife on board), I did not miss all the flirtatious overtones from a Captain.

You've got us beat on sailings........in fact, many of the crew this last April, when they knew I was a CC, asked if I knew you.........especially Simon. Of course, I said...........everybody knows Chelle!!!:D

I got asked the same thing about you...your among the crews favorite passengers!!

LOVE Z and his wife. They are so much fun.

Simon is one of the best AM's I've ever met. I've sailed with him quite a few times and everytime he goes out of his way to make me and anyone with me feel like VIP! On the cruise last week he was touched by a family tragedy but everyday he put on a brave face and a big smile and didn't let anyone know what he was going through.

I am sure Captain Tyrm will come into his own and he's getting the cake making party down well, they had so much fun that day throwing whip cream and cherries, at one time they even poured chocolate down Kierans back, INSIDE of his shirt.

All in all I think the Radiance is the BEST and there are over 800 reasons why. I've let a couple of them know about this thread and they are reading and enjoying the posts!!! Thank you for starting it and for spreading the love all around!!!

We are doing the Radiance for the Hawaii Circle cruise on Sep 28. Does anyone remember the name of the New Zealand lady that gave facials? She was wonderful! I guess she had to be wonderful to sell me $1100 worth of product. :eek: But I still use it and love it. I can't find anything better. Capt Rune used to refer to her on his noon loudspeaker messages as his former and future fiancee.:)

Do you know when Kieron goes on vacation? We are on the Radiance with Captain Rune on August 3. Kieron and Simon are also awesome - great crew.

Dave and Amy

I know that Kieron will not be on our September 14 Member's cruise........he will be on vacation......however I do not know when he starts. I'll see if I can find out for you.

At least you will get to enjoy Capt. Rune.

I know that Kieron will not be on our September 14 Member's cruise........he will be on vacation......however I do not know when he starts. I'll see if I can find out for you.

Thanks a lot,

Dave and Amy we are only Diamond - this will be our 20th cruise credit. We have a long flight from Philadelphia to Anchorage.

Thanks a lot,

Dave and Amy we are only Diamond - this will be our 20th cruise credit. We have a long flight from Philadelphia to Anchorage.

Oh, but at the end of that long flight you will be in a part of the country that has to be seen to be believed!:)

Wishing you a wonderful cruise...........with great weather. We are going in September and can't wait........even though our weather might not be as good as what you will experience.

We did it once before in July 2002 and had terrible weather misty, foggy rain, on Princess and we will never cruise them again because of poor customer service. After the last cruise (on the Radiance with Captain Rune) we even bought stock in Royal Caribbean and we don't play the stock market. Let's hope we get better weather this time and our luggage makes it there - we are flying USAIR changing planes in Phoenix. We are taking winter clothes this time just in case.

Dave and Amy

We did it once before in July 2002 and had terrible weather misty, foggy rain, on Princess and we will never cruise them again because of poor customer service. After the last cruise (on the Radiance with Captain Rune) we even bought stock in Royal Caribbean and we don't play the stock market. Let's hope we get better weather this time and our luggage makes it there - we are flying USAIR changing planes in Phoenix. We are taking winter clothes this time just in case.

Dave and Amy

The secret is layer, layer, layer. We found that out in September. But the scenery is so beautiful..........that the rain didn't bother us at all. Good waterproof jacket and shoes and we were dry to the bone.

That's the problem when sailing to Alaska...........you just don't know what to expect. I had heard that July and August were the best months.

K goes on vacation as of 8/24 .... I think ...;)

~d

Dave...........did you hear that? You just might luck out and have Kieron as your CD when you are on board the beginning of August.

That's great if they are all there. Patti and Jim I hope you have good weather in September also.

Dave and Amy

Hi everyone, thought I would start a thread on my favorite topic.........Radiance of the Seas. Maybe some of you would like to share your past cruising experiences and current cruising experiences. What you liked most, what you liked least (if that's possible). What changes would you like to see.

This might be helpful in answering questions for those that are looking to book a cruise on this beautiful ship in the future. If you would care to share cabin pictures or balcony pictures, please do so.

Hi there

I took Radiance in 2001 but the memories will last forever. I am going on her again in October to Hawaii. I love her interior and the balcony staterooms were large enough. Don't forget that if you run out of storage room for your luggage just use the balcony, off to the side. First off, I was atonished to find out that 2 of her elevators are all glass and face the sea. Wow!!!! What a view!

The food was excellent and hardly any movement on the ship at all. We took her to the Southern Carribean the first time, Hawaii will be the second!!!! Boy I cannot wait!

Talk to you all soon!!!!

Cassandra

Dave and Amy, we will be getting on as you get off...I'll wave! LOL

It's a shame you're not on our cruise. We are from King of Prussia and I see you are from North Wales. We will warm up Captain Rune for you. The board for our cruise has been deader than a doornail. Possibly a bunch of newbies. Also we are cat lovers. We have a 14 year old Burmese and a 1 year old American Shorthair.

Dave and Amy

Hi there

I took Radiance in 2001 but the memories will last forever. I am going on her again in October to Hawaii. I love her interior and the balcony staterooms were large enough. Don't forget that if you run out of storage room for your luggage just use the balcony, off to the side. First off, I was atonished to find out that 2 of her elevators are all glass and face the sea. Wow!!!! What a view!

The food was excellent and hardly any movement on the ship at all. We took her to the Southern Carribean the first time, Hawaii will be the second!!!! Boy I cannot wait!

Talk to you all soon!!!!

Cassandra

Actually, there and three elevators that face the sea, and two interior elevators that face the centrum. I have to say though, that they can be the slowest elevators of any ship. Guess folks just like to enjoy the view as they are going up and down.;)

Enjoy your cruise to Hawaii Cassandra. We did it last September and are doing it again next September. The sea days are wonderful, and the sail by the volcano is awesome. If you have Capt. Rune..........he likes to get up really close which makes the Chief Engineer very nervous when the gauges start to climb from the heat!

Actually, there and three elevators that face the sea, and two interior elevators that face the centrum. I have to say though, that they can be the slowest elevators of any ship. Guess folks just like to enjoy the view as they are going up and down.;)

Okay .. aren't there Four that face out and 2 that face the Centrum ... :rolleyes:

~d

Archived