Radiance of the Seas.....Past - Present - Future

I should clarify, this. I said our first cruise on the Sun, should have said, our 2nd Cruise with the Princess lines, on the Sun. April 2004, with RCCL on the Brilliance, was much better, as the room was 179 and balcony 41. Upcoming, our 4th Cruise, second with RCCL Oct 11, 2008 Hawaii.

Thanks y'all :)

Looks like the trend is toward more casual and less formal dress in the dining venues. Nothing stays the same...old cruising traditions are changing with the times.

I just have to say Hi to past cruising friends....I see you are a Sweepstake winner! Wow , congratulations.!..You will love Radiance...we will be passing in the docks..as We sail Sept. 14th with Polar Bears..

Ginny :)

For all those that have sailed on Radiance..............what is your favorite cabin and location.

Hands down: JS 1560! Perfect location; slightly larger balcony. And you get to hob nob with the high rollers - the Royal Suite is your next door neighbor.

Hands down: JS 1560! Perfect location; slightly larger balcony. And you get to hob nob with the high rollers - the Royal Suite is your next door neighbor.

Slightly larger........it's HUGE!!!;) And the most sought after GS on the ship.

All this Radiance talk has gotten me even more excited about our upcoming trip...next week!! (6/29). We sailed on her just this past December and booked our upcoming one to Alaksa while we were onboard because we were so enamored by the layout, decor and crew.

A funny little thing happened on that cruise too - after we had booked our cruise with Inga we were telling all of our tablemates about it and mentioned that we were able to get a corner aft cabin...8168. One of the ladies at our table perked up and said...that's our cabin! She then proceeded to invite everyone (table of 11) over for a pre-dinner wine and cheese party in her cabin for the next night so we could check out "our" cabin. I just thought that was so gracious...man you meet some awesome people while cruising! :)

For those of you that have just sailed on Radiance...is Capt Rune onboard now? I've heard so many positive things about him. We had Capt Beardsley (sp?) in December...also a very personable and interactive Captain. Sounds like Radiance has got some good Captain karma.

All this Radiance talk has gotten me even more excited about our upcoming trip...next week!! (6/29). We sailed on her just this past December and booked our upcoming one to Alaksa while we were onboard because we were so enamored by the layout, decor and crew.

A funny little thing happened on that cruise too - after we had booked our cruise with Inga we were telling all of our tablemates about it and mentioned that we were able to get a corner aft cabin...8168. One of the ladies at our table perked up and said...that's our cabin! She then proceeded to invite everyone (table of 11) over for a pre-dinner wine and cheese party in her cabin for the next night so we could check out "our" cabin. I just thought that was so gracious...man you meet some awesome people while cruising! :)

For those of you that have just sailed on Radiance...is Capt Rune onboard now? I've heard so many positive things about him. We had Capt Beardsley (sp?) in December...also a very personable and interactive Captain. Sounds like Radiance has got some good Captain karma.

Captain Rune will be boarding the same day you are. He returns from his vacation on 6/29. so get ready for some Hurdy Gurdy kiss kiss kiss with chocolate chip cookies!

Oh goody! You have seen "my" cabin! Tell me about it, please.

We were on Brilliance last November, but didn't have an aft cabin since we booked last minute, and didn't meet anyone who was in an aft so we could take a peek.

We were in an aft on Voyager (1390) in April, but I'm not too keen on all the superstructure on that class ship.

Charlene - from what I remember the cabin itself is pretty standard, but it's the balconey that is the cool part. Because you not only get the aft view, but you have the part the wraps around the corner a bit which makes it larger and you have a side view as well. If you look at the first picture that cruisenfever posted you can see the side part of the balconey. I think my husband is taking his laptop, so we'll send you some interior pictures if you'd like.

Plus we didn't have the upgraded bedding when we sailed in December, so we are looking forward to that little extra.

Slightly larger........it's HUGE!!!;) And the most sought after GS on the ship.

In my above quote I misprinted and called cabin 1560 a GS. it is not. It is a JS.

Let me add something else to cabin 1560. We were in that cabin this past April. Yes it has a huge balcony......but in an odd shape. You can not see anything forward because of the RS next door. In fact, you cannot even see the balcony of the RS. You can see aft, but the way the balcony is angled you can see right into the OS next door. It is completely covered and NO sunlight gets in. We had two chairs and a table. Asked for a lounge chair, but it would have been a little crowded.

The cabin is the basic JS, only there is only the sliding glass door and no window to either the right or left of the door. So not as much light comes through as in other JS cabins.

We love it because it was located perfectly. You just came down the stairs, make a right, another short right and then a sharp short left and you were home. And when I say "short" that's exactly what it was. You almost needed a horn to honk as you were making the corners to alert oncoming traffic!

Patti or anyone else, we have 1560 for the radiance South America Cruise, does anyone have any pics of the cabin and the balcony? I would appreciate it! Thanks.

Sorry, we did not take any pictures. You will love the cabin and location. The balcony will be perfect for when you do South America. It's just at an odd angle. The right side of the balcony is the correct dept. The left side is twice as deep from window to railing. If you have ever stayed in a JS, it is the same size, same great walk in closet, same nice bathroom, sofa, chair, ottoman, coffee table. It is a connecting room to the OS next door, but we never had a problem.

Let's hope that someone has some pictures for you to see.

BTW, I would stay there again............just for the location of the room. We never felt movement at anytime.

Charlene - from what I remember the cabin itself is pretty standard, but it's the balconey that is the cool part. Because you not only get the aft view, but you have the part the wraps around the corner a bit which makes it larger and you have a side view as well. If you look at the first picture that cruisenfever posted you can see the side part of the balconey. I think my husband is taking his laptop, so we'll send you some interior pictures if you'd like.

Plus we didn't have the upgraded bedding when we sailed in December, so we are looking forward to that little extra.

Oh thank you! I would LOVE to see some pictures before we board in September! :D

Hi Jim & Patti,

My DH and I have booked Radiance Nov 9, 08...Ft. Laud to Valpariso, Chile.

This will be our first time on this ship, and first time completely thru the canal.

We have sailed on Brilliance twice to Gatun Locks, and really loved the ship, then when we read about Radiance it seemed like the perfect trip. The idea of so many sea days mixed inbetween the port stops looked great, and the unusual ports just made it special.

Archived