Radiance of the Seas.....Past - Present - Future

Sailed on Radiance Oct 2001 for 24 days and it was wonderful. Met 33+ other CC members and had a group picture taken on the bridge over the pool. Remember cheering on a gentleman who was part of the on going game where each day they did a different challenge. This ship is my favorite of all the RCCL ships and I look forward to sailing on her again.

Ginny :)

Love reading all these great remarks about the Radiance.....I'll be on the Feb. 10th sailing too (all being well, I hasten to add!) Can't wait, and what makes it even better is our cabin price has just gone up by $200!

M.

Patti, I read your request on our Polar Bear Thread and went right to my albums to check dates.

We sailed on Radiance out of San Juan in Jan '03 and out of Ft. Lauderdale in Jan '04

We really enjoyed the ship and the crew in both cases. We had our first experience with Gordon Whatman and wish we could catch up with him again. What a Hoot!!!!

We travelled with a group of friends in both cases and made a habit of meeting in the Seaview after our respective days ashore to share experiences and great snacks. Sitting outside as the ship sails away for the next days adventure and eating the great food is a special memory for us.

We are looking forward to boarding Radiance again in September.

Srenter and Mabers: Me and my husband will also be on the Feb 10th sailing of the Radiance. This is our frist RCCL cruise and we are going to celebrate both me and my husband turning 40!! I am actually getting on the boat on my birthday. What a great gift:) Which dining time did you guys request? We requested late but have never done late dining and are not sure if we should change to early. What are your thoughts?

Thank you for all this wonderful info and the pics...we sail on her 8/10 Alaska and have been waiting since she come out to sail on her. We cant wait to plan pool!

Does anyone have menus? We would like to decide in advance what night to have dinner in one of the specialty restaurants.

GOOD MORNING - fellow RADIANCE lovers...

The Radiance is our favorite ship - we were on her for the first time Christmas 2004 - and since have enjoyed her 4 more times AND we will be cruising this September 2007, December 2007 & February 2007 & SEPTEMBER 2008 (Hawaii Coconut reunion) ALL on the Radiance... Yes she is an addiction...

The cruise director, Kieron is the best and the cruise crew is just exceptional and are so warm and welcoming. We have had the best cabin attendants and Audrey was awesome! We love and have enjoyed many nights at the Piano bar with Anton (he just recently left for the Freedom)boohoo. The Solarium pool area is heaven and a great place for a morning or afternoon naps... and then relax and enjoy a BBC. We love our late night snacks in the Seaview Cafe - yummy. The Portafino Murder Mystery night was fun and the food was great. The Radiance is a great place to make new friends and plan reunion cruises....woohoo CocoNUTS... Only negative has already been mentioned - those darn shower curtains....

Thanks PATTI for starting this great RADIANCE thread.

GOOD MORNING - fellow RADIANCE lovers...

The Radiance is our favorite ship - we were on her for the first time Christmas 2004 - and since have enjoyed her 4 more times AND we will be cruising this September 2007, December 2007 & February 2007 & SEPTEMBER 2008 (Hawaii Coconut reunion) ALL on the Radiance... Yes she is an addiction...

The cruise director, Kieron is the best and the cruise crew is just exceptional and are so warm and welcoming. We have had the best cabin attendants and Audrey was awesome! We love and have enjoyed many nights at the Piano bar with Anton (he just recently left for the Freedom)boohoo. The Solarium pool area is heaven and a great place for a morning or afternoon naps... and then relax and enjoy a BBC. We love our late night snacks in the Seaview Cafe - yummy. The Portafino Murder Mystery night was fun and the food was great. The Radiance is a great place to make new friends and plan reunion cruises....woohoo CocoNUTS... Only negative has already been mentioned - those darn shower curtains....

Thanks PATTI for starting this great RADIANCE thread.

Thanks Elaine.........did not realize that you had sailed on Radiance so much. That in itself says how much you really enjoy the ship, staff and crew. We've sailed 7 times with two more booked. Every time we board, it's like a family reunion.

What a great idea!! Me and my husband just booked Radiance of the Seas last Friday to celebrate our 40th birthdays. We will be getting on the boat on my birthday 2/10!! Come on all you Radiance experts and tell me how great this ship is:)

You too??? :D I'll be cruising the same date on the Radiance with a Christian singles group... and my friends and I will make sure they behave!

Mytwoboys: We always seem to book the early dining for what ever reason, just seems to work out for us. DW turns 40 on the 9th when we arrive in FLL so guess its another of them combo cruises, birthday, anniversary and valentines. Sounds like a good cruise to do alot of celebrating.

Radiance class is the only class of ship we have not sailed and that will be taken care of when we board the Polar Bear Express on 9/14/07 and then again on 11/24/07 for the ARRG (Ain't Right Radiance Gang) 8 nt cruise to the Eastern Caribbean...Look forward to sailing this ship since we have heard so much about her.

Thanks to Patti for starting this thread:p ...Later, Jill:cool:

Radiance class is the only class of ship we have not sailed and that will be taken care of when we board the Polar Bear Express on 9/14/07 and then again on 11/24/07 for the ARRG (Ain't Right Radiance Gang) 8 nt cruise to the Eastern Caribbean...Look forward to sailing this ship since we have heard so much about her.

Thanks to Patti for starting this thread:p ...Later, Jill:cool:

Jill, I am sure you will fall in love with the ship as we have. I love your "ARRG" graphic in your signature.:D

Jim and Patti:

We have booked the Radiance South America, Chile to San Diego on April 26, 2009! As you can see in my signature, I am with a group that was started on a Radiance Cruise thru the Panama Canal in 2003. We LOVE the entire Radiance Class and have set sail on all ships in the Class except the Brilliance, sometimes more than once! A group that started from a Meet and Mingle Roll Call thread here on this board in late 2002 and has now grown to almost 300 strong. We don't always get the chance to cruise together but try as often as we can, usually a Reunion every 3rd year. Hence the South America Cruise in 2009. We try to cruise over Halloween, however, we also like to explore new ports of call and that is why we picked South America. We will be on the Serenade in September of this year for Alaska and were on the Jewel last year for the Boston, Bermuda, Ft. Lauderdale Repo cruise.

Jim and Patti:

We have booked the Radiance South America, Chile to San Diego on April 26, 2009! As you can see in my signature, I am with a group that was started on a Radiance Cruise thru the Panama Canal in 2003. We LOVE the entire Radiance Class and have set sail on all ships in the Class except the Brilliance, sometimes more than once! A group that started from a Meet and Mingle Roll Call thread here on this board in late 2002 and has now grown to almost 300 strong. We don't always get the chance to cruise together but try as often as we can, usually a Reunion every 3rd year. Hence the South America Cruise in 2009. We try to cruise over Halloween, however, we also like to explore new ports of call and that is why we picked South America. We will be on the Serenade in September of this year for Alaska and were on the Jewel last year for the Boston, Bermuda, Ft. Lauderdale Repo cruise.

WOW Shelley, 300 strong..........that's fantastic. See you do meet wonderful folks on cruises that become friends for life.

If we were not doing SA on Splendour this next March, we would definitely be on the Radiance Chile to San Diego trip.

Hey Radiance fans . . .

Just remembered another neat feature.

Go to the Loyalty Ambassador's office. There is what appears to be a coffee table. It is really a window looking straight down the centrum. It's really cool. I literally tripped on it and endedup looking down something like 10 decks or so. Very cool!

Hey Radiance fans . . .

Just remembered another neat feature.

Go to the Loyalty Ambassador's office. There is what appears to be a coffee table. It is really a window looking straight down the centrum. It's really cool. I literally tripped on it and endedup looking down something like 10 decks or so. Very cool!

We have found this same feature on others of the same class vessel. DH always lays his camera on the glass and takes a picture. It's a dizzying look down all the way to the middle of the dance floor on deck 4

I am sailing with Jill on the AARG cruise Apres Thanksgiving! My gf has some inside cabins left until Friday at $735pp including taxes, etc. Here are some pics of our sailing on her on her Radiance Repo trip from San Diego up the Coast to Vancouver last month. I can't take credit for the beautiful photo's. Dave is the one who is the awesome shutterbug...!!!

http://www.pbase.com/pierce324/pacnw2007

Can't wait to sail the Caribbean on her. We were onboard on our repo trip with 90 CC members. Our group and the crew were so fabulous! Everyone said it was one of their favorite trips if not THE favorite! Don't miss sailing on her.

We will give a report in November as to who is Capt, CD, etc....

Nancy

Here are some pics of our sailing on her on her Radiance Repo trip from San Diego up the Coast to Vancouver last month. I can't take credit for the beautiful photo's. Dave is the one who is the awesome shutterbug...!!!

We have sailed on Radiance twice, both times last year, and had a Hurdy Gurdy good time both times, love that ship. And if only our schedules accomodated that west coast repo-cruise, I would be there in a heartbeat--so consider me envious of y'all for taking that cruise.

As for the look straight down from loyalty ambassador, as I recall that clear "window" is something you can stand on in the middle of the floor, and we did, and it hit some pri-mordial fear of heights in me and I got right off!

Sublime pleasure on the Radiance--sitting in the Yacht Club, just outside the concierge club (is Willy still there?), enjoying a glass of wine on the comfy leather couches, listening to the lovely music from the Rosario Strings waft up through the Centrum.

We have sailed on Radiance twice, both times last year, and had a Hurdy Gurdy good time both times, love that ship. And if only our schedules accomodated that west coast repo-cruise, I would be there in a heartbeat--so consider me envious of y'all for taking that cruise.

As for the look straight down from loyalty ambassador, as I recall that clear "window" is something you can stand on in the middle of the floor, and we did, and it hit some pri-mordial fear of heights in me and I got right off!

Sublime pleasure on the Radiance--sitting in the Yacht Club, just outside the concierge club (is Willy still there?), enjoying a glass of wine on the comfy leather couches, listening to the lovely music from the Rosario Strings waft up through the Centrum.

Oh yes, Willy is still there and as wonderful as ever. It is amazing how he remembers those repeaters that keep coming back. You really feel special when he sees you and calls you by name.

Here are some pics of our sailing on her on her Radiance Repo trip from San Diego up the Coast to Vancouver last month. I can't take credit for the beautiful photo's. Dave is the one who is the awesome shutterbug...!!!

Nancy

Nancy --- Thanks so much for sharing those great pix! Radiance is my favourite ship as well. Will be trying sister Serenade this fall, but back to Radiance next year ;)

Dave

Patti....

Past, Present,....And future....

Rosie and I will be on the Radiance in October 2008! I'll give you my full report at that time...until then...if you love the ship...so WILL I!:D

BILL

Bill which Cruise on Oct 2008. We are sailing our first Radiance of the Sea, Oct 11, 2008 to Hawaii. We have delt with those pesky curtains before so know how to work around them. Hearing such great reports about her, I can not wait to step aboard.

Gay So Calif

Archived