Vagabond Inn San Pedro

Anyone stayed there pre- or post-cruise?

TripAdvisor gave it pretty good reviews, I'm thinking about staying there the night before my Vision OTS cruise. I'm also toying with the idea of staying the night we get OFF the ship and taking a morning flight back to the East Coast (rather than the red-eye -- the only options appear to be before noon, which is probably not possible, and after 9 pm!)

I stayed there pre-cruise in Feb and also took advantage of the cruise and park special - something like $110.00 for one night and a week's parking - a good property with lots of cruisers staying there - they have a shuttle to the pier and are very conscious of the needs of the cruisers.

I will stay there again next time - were able to see the ship at port from the third floor balcony.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Dennis

• 1 month later...
I stayed there pre-cruise in Feb and also took advantage of the cruise and park special - something like $110.00 for one night and a week's parking - a good property with lots of cruisers staying there - they have a shuttle to the pier and are very conscious of the needs of the cruisers.

I will stay there again next time - were able to see the ship at port from the third floor balcony.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Dennis

Dennis,

I hope you are still taking this thread about Vagabond Inn. We are also considering staying there pre-cruise in Oct.

Can you tell me about the hotel: how were the rooms (cleanliness etc.), size of beds (2 in each room), Free breakfast-what was served, do you know anything about their airport shuttle service and also did they charge for the shuttle going to the cruise port?

Thanks in advance!

Mona - yes I still check the threads that i post too so here are some thoughts as i remember them.

1. I found the room to be clean but I am not a stickler in that area.

2. I had a queen size bed - my room was for one person.

3. I don't remember the breakfast as I ate off-site - there is a McDonald's next door if necessary. Believe it consisted of pastries, muffins and beverage.

4. Don't know about any shuttle to the airport as I had my own car.

5. Don't believe there is any charge for the shuttle to the port but you must book in advance.

6. Have you checked out their web site. http://www.vagabondinn.com and then search for San Pedro.

Here's a direct link to the San Pedro property:

http://www.vagabondinn.com/SanPedroPage/tabid/214/Default.aspx?hotel=335

What I found encouraging about this hotel was how friendly the staff were and how they were encouraging everyone to post a review to trip adviser which at one time had them ranked #1 in San Pedro.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Dennis

Thanks Dennis for your reply to my questions. I will check out the websites. We did decide to make reservations with them yesterday. Found out from them that they do not have an airport shuttle, but they do have a FREE cruise shuttle.

Archived