Bus service to Bayonne for Bermuda cruises ?

Pink Lady

Just wondering if anyone can tell me if Azamara line is offering bus service from nearby northeast cities as Celebrity used to ? If so, what has the cost run for the trip to Bayonne ? I'm trying to see if a Bermuda cruise is in the budget for this fall. I'd like to have a few answers before involving a booking agent. Thanks for any advice you can provide. ;)

We decided to drive to the port ourselves ($115 for the week to leave the car), but we did inquire about the buses. It was about $125 per person, I think, from Baltimore area and also from Harrisburg. We met many people that came on buses from Baltimore, DC, Philadelphia, Lancaster, and New England, so it is offered.

We booked the bus transfer from Reading, Pa. on Saturday and the cost was $115.00 each. We originally booked this thru Celebrity. Our bus picks up in Harrisburg, Lancaster, Reading, Allentown and Easton Pa.

Hi Jan,

The Bayonne cruise ship terminal is about 10 miles (maybe less) from EWR via the NJ Turnpike extension. I'd guess a cab to be about $40. The airport also has a number of "transporter" services, but a cab should be pretty easy to do.

Take care,

Frank

Jan,

Six folks .... with luggage ... new idea - Last time I was at EWR I used the Super Shuttle (those blue and yellow vans you see at various locations across the country). Pretty sure you can reserve the entire van at a "group" rate. Might be worth a try as you can always use the cab as a fall back if the Super Shuttle doesn't show.

To make a reservation, this number should work : (800) 622-2089 x2

Frank

What I find strange is that none of the cruiselines that sail out of Manhattan, Brooklyn or Bayonne offer any kind of bus service from Long Island? They have service from Pennsylvania, upstate New York, New England but nothing for the thousands of cruise passengers on Long Island?

Hi Dolphins,

I just found out this week, there is no longer any bus service from the New England states either. They are cutting out a lot of potential cruisers from the market that do not like to drive into or through the city. We've taken the bus many times to Manhattan and once to Cape Liberty to cruise. It was great !

It's an absolute no brainer and offers many more advantages than disadvantages. I would think that anyone with any marketing sense at Azamara would be all over a bus from Long Island. Lots of people just don't like to drive in congested traffic areas. :eek: Me for one !

Lack of bus tranportation :( to Cape Liberty sure puts me in undecided territory for a summer Bermuda voyage on Azamara.

Archived