Q2 Cabins - QE2

rjms74

Hello,

My parents are contemplating their first & last cruise on QE2 but will only book a balcony cabin hence looking at Q2 cruises. We are looking at the May 2008 Med Treasures 12 night cruise and I wondered how much movement is felt in these signal deck suites - our travel agent has recommended 8014 - has anyone had this suite & or could recommend any other good suites in this grade?

What is storage space like and is the only wayto access these suites via the Queens Grill lounge bar? If anyone has any photos of these suites I would very much be interested in seeing some of them. Also does balcony size vary from suite to suite & do you benefit from much sun during the day or does it depend on whether you are on port or starboard?

Kind Regards,

RJMS74

Sun and Signal deck do rock in rough sea. Penthouses 8001 and 8002 are slightly bigger than the rest of the Q2. You get a extra 55 square feet. The balconies of 8001 and 8002 are slightly smaller than most but not as small as 8184 which does not have a balcony. 8001 and 8002 have a walk in wardrobe area.

Access to the penthouses is through the Queen Grill Lounge. It means they get no passing traffic. Almost like an exclusive ship within a ship. There are a few steps around the penthouses, which may be a problem for some people.

The service on Sun and Signal decks is attentive, quiet and personal. The balconies, large cabins, service level and exclusivity make the penthouse experience very special.

I have loads of photos of 8001 but it is not typical of the other penthouses. If you would like a copy, email me at stephenmorton at btinternet dot com.

Hope this helps, Stephen.

Hello,

My parents are contemplating their first & last cruise on QE2 but will only book a balcony cabin hence looking at Q2 cruises. We are looking at the May 2008 Med Treasures 12 night cruise and I wondered how much movement is felt in these signal deck suites - our travel agent has recommended 8014 - has anyone had this suite & or could recommend any other good suites in this grade?

What is storage space like and is the only wayto access these suites via the Queens Grill lounge bar? If anyone has any photos of these suites I would very much be interested in seeing some of them. Also does balcony size vary from suite to suite & do you benefit from much sun during the day or does it depend on whether you are on port or starboard?

Kind Regards,

RJMS74

Movement can be a problem, although wind noise is worse.

8001/2 have smaller balconies but a window, are larger and have significantly more storage space. Ideal for cold water areas, or crossings.

8003-8010 are the same basic size, without the extra bit for extra storage. Balcony is a little larger. Ideal for warm weather.

8011-8019 have slightly larger bathrooms, and slightly less storage space. A darker woodwork, with the TV hidden away. Again, ideal for warm weather.

I've had both 8018 and 8001 and the former is a lot more stable than 8001.

There is no real difference between the cabins, although in an ideal world I'd have one forward of the pantry - 8001-8010.

Staff cover the whole of the signal deck, and there is no difference between the levels of service. It is all first rate.

Matthew

Archived