Tram in Juneau

Murphey

Tram is at the ship dock. No need to buy your ticket for it onboard.Ticket office is at the dock also.

Larry

Fantasy 08/99

Ecstacy 05/00

Westerdam 04/01

Legend of the Seas 08/02

Zaandam 04/03

Carnival Spirit 08/03

The cost that I can fine online is $21.95 r/t, but we were just there last year. We bought our ticket at the ticket office and I thought I remembered one-way tickets being available. We want to ride up and hike the trail back down to town. Can anyone tell me if there's a different price for a one-way ticket?

You can only get the one way ticket if you hike UP and tram down. (unless recent changes??) It used to be really cheap- like $5?? But the normal ticket is an all day ticket- so be sure to ride back up at dusk, just lovely with all the ships and town lit up.

While I agree that weather is a big consideration for the Mt. Roberts Tram trip. I would consider buying your ticket on the ship so that you don't have to wait in line at the tram to buy it. There are frequently 5+ cruise ships in Juneau and the line for the tram tickets can be a drag. Just a thought...

Next Cruise: 6/27/04 Sapphire Princess

Last time in Alaska we hung around at the bottom of the tram and asked people getting off how it was on top. We never went up because they said it was so icy you could not walk/hike around, only stay on the decking as it was too dangerous. This was end of May.

Like marie55 said, At other times it can be socked in at the top, and once you get up there you won't be able to see anything.

You won't get a refund due to weather.

When you get off the tram, can you hike around up at the top? is it open or wooded? is it steep or flat? is there a "rain forest" there? can you hike from there to other peaks? Thanks for the tips about the weather.

There are trails up top, sometimes steep. One goes all the way down to the town. Can someone tell me how long it takes to hike that? We passed a couple observation decks and a huge cross early residents built there. It was kind of late and the sun was starting to set and the view of the sun with the clouds below you were just fabulous.

Wondering if the tram can be used by someone who is somewhat handicapped and walks with a cane? I am wondering about getting on/off & navigating at the top to at least enjoy the views? Any insight from those who have been there would be appreciated. Thanks!

Lynn Obie

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2004;5;21;16;0;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Until 14 day Summit - San Diego to Alaska

8/1995 HAL Noordam, 6/2000 Carnival Ecstasy, 2/2002 HAL Maasdam, 3/2003 HAL Statendam, 1/2004 HAL Oosterdam, 5/2004 Celebrity Summit, 5/2005 Celebrity Infinity

We are interested in hiking to the top and then taking the tram back down. Has anyone done this before? How far is it from the cruise terminal to the start of the trail? How long does it take to hike to the top?

Cheri

Archived