Going to Alaska on Noordam, Sept.16..question about excursions for Victoria?

wolfatlga

Greetings...

We are booked with a gay group that is sailing out of Seattle on Sept. 16 and have been selecting our shore excursions.

So far with have selected whale watching and helicopter in Juneau, that was suggested on the groups website. Using Holland we booked Sea Otter and Wildlife Quest for Sita, and Ketichikan the Misty Fjords by Floatplane.

We were going to do Butchart Gardens in Victoria, but Holland doesn't offer that excursion for that sailing, we were thinking of just going downtown and hanging out...anyone have any suggestions?

Also, we found a company called Cruiseline Formalwear that you can rent a tux for the trip, thought that sounded better that packing everything, any thoughts on using this company?

Thanks...

Wolf

We're also on this trip. We did not book anything for Victoria yet. We plant to just go & wander or just book something when we get there. RE: tux - we all are planning on wearing suits, since that is considered acceptable. However, if you want a tux, it seems like a great idea to have it waiting for you.

We're doing the 4 glacier tour in Juneau, 4x4 wilderness adventure in Sitka, & misty fjords (10:30) in Ketchikan.

MAL

I just checked and we are doing the Misty Fjords by floatplane at 9:30, are you doing the glacial tour with Aquafest or booking thru Holland? Aquafest had a better price, that is why we decided to include the whale watching excursion. We might check into bringing a suit if that is the norm...and I'll need to check it with my partner, Marty, he's in charge of night time planning and I do the day time stuff, such as excursions...

Have you heard how many are coming for our group? This is our first time doing a cruise with a group and it sounds fun.

Thanks...

Roy

Hi kids!

I just took mom (other half won't cruise) on this very trip May 20. If you haven't seen them please go to my gallery and see the pics of the ship and ports as they were all incredible!

Got lots of glacier calving pics in Glacier Bay, Juneau was ERA Helicopters 4 Glacier w/ Landing and Capt Larry's Orca Excursion, Sitka was Capt Davey's Puffins and Whales on the Esther G, Ketchikan was Misty Fjord's Floatplane and in Victoria we did the Buchart Gardens.

You will all have an incredible trip and the ship is not to be believed! Very elegant with an old ship feel to it.

If you have any questions about the ship or the itinerary feel free to post here, on the HAL board, Alaska board or email me at vegasplay at cox.net

We were in an SA suite (#7086) but also did a tour of other cabins which there are pictures of on my website.

ENJOY!!!!:D

Nathan

Oddly, when I called Aquafest, they said to book the glacier tour through HAL. I'll check back with them... something may have changed. We are a group of 4, and so far none of us feel the need to have a tux. From what I've read on other boards, it seems that a nice business suit is acceptable for dinner. I haven't heard how many of us are on this cruise. So far we know there are 6 of us! Thanks SakeDad for the information. What I've read about the ship is all very positive.

When I got the Cruise Control from Aquafest I followed the link to ShoreTrips.com and from there found the Aquafest group excursions.

We had originally planned on using HAL for the helicopter, but Aquafest was using Coastal which looked very good and they were 202, so we booked the whale excursion group tour for 9 am and then the helicopter for 2:30. We have received confirmation for the helicopter and now waiting for the whale excursion confirmation.

Happy Pride!

Roy

I spoke with Aquafest yesterday, and yes, you are correct. They are offering shore excursions which were just set up recently. The excursions we booked through HAL are not available through Aquafest (4 glacier tour, 4x4 outing), so we are going to stick with them. Otherwise we would have gladly changed to the Aquafest excursions. I was glad to see there are several activities planned... (e.g. pink & black night, flannel pj's...). I guess there will be more shopping for me before I leave! Are you in Seattle the 15th? We decided to get there the night before & enjoy a little pre-cruise celebration in Seattle.

• 2 weeks later...

Went last year with Aquafest to Alaska. Doesn't seem to be enough time to do an excursion in Victoria. We took the bus downtown, had dinner then met up with the group at a bar for drinks/pool.

Archived