AARP discount

Does anyone know if you can get a discount on a cruise if you are an AARP member? I know when looking for a cruise you can put in "+55", but what if you are under 55 but belong to AARP?

Thanks

No, is the easy answer but if you are over 55 then some sailings will have senior discounts for some of the categories, not necessarily all of the them. Also they may not offer the senior discount at the time you book but could at a later date which then you can take advantage of and get the discount by calling whomever you booked through

If you are under 55, then sorry you have to wait!!!

Thanks for the info. (I just have to learn not to rush things!) :D

I keep telling hubby that he needs to get to 55 (he is 52 now), so that we can get the discount. I am 4 years younger. He keeps telling me to stop rushing him. :D

I have noticed from time to time ads in the AARP magazine offering discounts to members. Having said that , I have never checked to see if it was a deal or not as at the time I wasn't looking for a cruise. My TA seems to better or match most deals.:) Bill

When you go on line with AARP to book a cruise, you are eventually directed to Travelocity (AARP partner). I just checked both the AARP and the regular Travelocity and the same cruise was the same priice.

Sometimes you may find a discount for 55+, but generally if you find it on one site it will occur on another site.

When you go on line with AARP to book a cruise, you are eventually directed to Travelocity (AARP partner). I just checked both the AARP and the regular Travelocity and the same cruise was the same priice.

Sometimes you may find a discount for 55+, but generally if you find it on one site it will occur on another site.

RCCL does not allow online or regular TA's to discount their cruises so you will see the same price no matter where you check. The only time you might see if a cheaper rate through a TA is if the TA is holding group space.

Carnival used to offer AARP discounts, but it was for a very few cruises (think middle of hurricane season), and it was only aboutg $25/$50 per cabin and couldn't be combined with any other offer.

Haven't seen those discounts in years though.

Archived