Montreal Logistics

LaCat3

I will be crusing out of Montreal this fall and would like to arrive a couple of days early to see the city.

Can anyone tell me if one airport is preferable to another and if so why?

Also, what area of the city would best for a solo traveler?

Thanks,

LaCat3

I will be crusing out of Montreal this fall and would like to arrive a couple of days early to see the city.

Can anyone tell me if one airport is preferable to another and if so why?

Also, what area of the city would best for a solo traveler?

Thanks,

LaCat3

As far as the Airports go Montreal has only one international airport (Pierre Elliot Trudeau) about 30 mins from the downtown area. If you want to fly into a US airport and drive to Montreal your options are Burlington Vermont (1 1/2 hr) or Plattsburgh New York (approx 1 1/2 hrs). Montreal downtown area would be best for exploring the city. Lots of great areas to discover and a vast underground shopping meca!

Enjoy

the airport you would arrive at is Trudeau airport. There is a great shuttle bus that you can take directly into the city http://www.admtl.com/passager/acces_et_stationnement/_aerobus.aspx

It goes to most of the hotels and is very efficient and inexpensive.

I would recommend you stay downtown. Then everything is close by. You can walk to almost everything (some things are closer than others) and transit/metro are very easy to use.

Vickie

Just was in Montreal 3 weeks ago and I'd recommend you stay in the Old Port area. Some nice boutique/historical hotels. In walking distance of downtown and metro stops. Touristy, yes. But great for people watching with all the outdoor cafes. And if you are alone, I'd think you'd want to be around a lot of people. Lots to walk and see along the port.

The shuttle from the airport only goes to downtown hotels. If you want to go to the Port area, you need a cab. Flat rate of 25$, I think I remember. The rates are posted in the airport which is handy.

Montreal is a very cool city. Big city prices....those taxes are killers! But the experience is worth a couple pre cruise days, for sure. Have a great time.

Archived