Anyone trying this Alli system ????

babyher

Hey everyone. I started Alli this morning. I am getting married December 8th and we leave for a cruise on the 9th. I am hoping to have lost a lot of weight by that time. I will keep everyone updated with how it goes.

How is the Alli working for you so far? I started on the 16th of July and just hit my 15 pound mark.

I have a couple of questions about your weight loss:

Are you excercising in addition to the low fat WOE

Are you losing weight all over your body? I losing weight in my butt and that's one place I am okay I'd love to deliver this baby I've been carrying around for several years. :D

I have a couple of questions about your weight loss:

Are you excercising in addition to the low fat WOE

Are you losing weight all over your body? I losing weight in my butt and that's one place I am okay I'd love to deliver this baby I've been carrying around for several years. :D

I did not exercise for the first 2 weeks but did start a 20 minute a day regimen..3 days on the exercise bike and 2 days on weights. I feel like I have lost it all over, but more in my stomach area and butt!

The weight is slowing down now..averaging a pound every other day or so. I am still being very strict with my diet and making sure I drink LOTS of water (well..I cheat with iced tea).

Hi DolphinFan:

I started Alli the same time as you did, but I've only lost 2 pounds. I'm following all the directions and taking the pills three times a day, but only two pounds have come off. I think that my age may have a lot to do with it, although I'm not making excuses. I'm probably twice your age, looking at your picture. I exercise daily and I'm watching what I eat, but it's just 2 pounds. I'm trying not to get discouraged. I'm glad someone is having a lot of success.

Happy Cruising....Sparkle 10 (Anita):(

Hi DolphinFan:

I started Alli the same time as you did, but I've only lost 2 pounds. I'm following all the directions and taking the pills three times a day, but only two pounds have come off. I think that my age may have a lot to do with it, although I'm not making excuses. I'm probably twice your age, looking at your picture. I exercise daily and I'm watching what I eat, but it's just 2 pounds. I'm trying not to get discouraged. I'm glad someone is having a lot of success.

Happy Cruising....Sparkle 10 (Anita):(

Theres no way your half my age..you would already be in the grave..lol..I'm 49!

Don't get discouraged..are you drinking ALOT of water? Watching your fat intake? According to Alli, I should be keeping to a 1800 calorie a day diet. If I did that I would never lose. I joined Sparkspeople online and they said I should keep to 1200-1500. I am usually close to the 1200 a day.

I am a nurse practitioner and it can help to lose weight. But it has side effects like all drugs. Your best bet is to do reduced cals, lower fat and exercise. It blocks the fat absorbed through the intestines. It can block fat soluble vitamins A,D, E and K. So take your multi-vits every day. The Xenical is RX and 120mg caps. This Alli is reduced dose so some find the sided effects easier on the colon. But if your drug plan covers at a lower co-pay get the Xenical through your doc or NP. It is not harmful to your blood pressure in any way. It can help reduce your cholesterol. If you over do the fat level of meals the side effects are not well tolerated. I have seen it used for years. It is helpful for those with slow colons. I have not seen any great persistant loss but most people will not continue. GOOD LUCK and KEEP UP THE FIGHT----:D

I am a nurse practitioner and it can help to lose weight. But it has side effects like all drugs. Your best bet is to do reduced cals, lower fat and exercise. It blocks the fat absorbed through the intestines. It can block fat soluble vitamins A,D, E and K. So take your multi-vits every day. The Xenical is RX and 120mg caps. This Alli is reduced dose so some find the sided effects easier on the colon. But if your drug plan covers at a lower co-pay get the Xenical through your doc or NP. It is not harmful to your blood pressure in any way. It can help reduce your cholesterol. If you over do the fat level of meals the side effects are not well tolerated. I have seen it used for years. It is helpful for those with slow colons. I have not seen any great persistant loss but most people will not continue. GOOD LUCK and KEEP UP THE FIGHT----:D

I take a blood pressure medicine (not sure which one as I take 3) where one of them slows the muscle of the heart. I was having problems (before taking Alli) with my colon and he told me it was due to the blood pressue medicine. Even with Alli, I still take a tablespoon of Phillips Milk of Magnesia evernight before going to bed and have had no problems at all. Like you said, the Alli may be helping me in that way too (an added benefit)!

I have to say..I just hit my 20 pound weight loss this morning and I really think the Alli played a big part (that and the diet). Alli does say that I need to eat 1800 calories a day, but Sparkpeople suggest 120--1500. I try to stay around the 1200 range. That and exercise works!

Thanks for the Xenical tip..I think the last time I asked my doctor about it, it was going to cost me around $100 a month, Alli is definately cheaper than that.

Hi DolphinFan:

No, I just turned 60....I thought you looked about 30. Alli told me 1800 calories also, it seems like too much. I drink a lot of water every day. I'm glad my office is right by a bathroom. I take a lot of walks and go to Curves, so I'm just going to have to do more than I'm doing. When I was younger and had kids to chase around, I never had a weight problem.

Glad you lost 20 pounds....I was aiming to lose 45 pounds, but with the way things are going, I'd be very happy with 20 pounds.

Happy Cruising.....Sparkle 10 (Anita);)

Hi DolphinFan:

No, I just turned 60....I thought you looked about 30. Alli told me 1800 calories also, it seems like too much. I drink a lot of water every day. I'm glad my office is right by a bathroom. I take a lot of walks and go to Curves, so I'm just going to have to do more than I'm doing. When I was younger and had kids to chase around, I never had a weight problem.

Glad you lost 20 pounds....I was aiming to lose 45 pounds, but with the way things are going, I'd be very happy with 20 pounds.

Happy Cruising.....Sparkle 10 (Anita);)

Thanks for the compliment..:-)

Stick too it, I know you can do it! I joined Curves for 1 year and never lost a pound..I know muscle weighs more than fat, but I finally gave up. I'm just working out myself and saving the $30 a month!

Hi Again:

I've been going to Curves for three years now, and although I feel like I've toned up a bit, I haven't lost any weight. :confused: I'm thinking of dropping it and saving the $30 a month, and just take a lot of walks and I also have hand weights I use a lot. I wish we lived in Florida, where the weather is nice year around and you can walk outside all the time. I live in Des Moines, Iowa, and it's the winter time that I usually put on more weight. The weather is cold and you don't want to go outside, so you sit inside and watch tv and eat all winter; and with all the clothes you have to wear, you don't realize it until spring time when you can't fit into anything any more. We're going to be moving some place warm in a few years and then I'll be able to exercise more outside. We like Las Vegas area; Arizona and Florida, so I'm not sure where we'll end up.

Happy Cruising......Sparkle 10 (Anita)

PS If we lived in Florida, it would also be a bonus to drive to the cruise ports, instead of always having to fly everywhere.:rolleyes:

Hi Again:

I've been going to Curves for three years now, and although I feel like I've toned up a bit, I haven't lost any weight. :confused: I'm thinking of dropping it and saving the $30 a month, and just take a lot of walks and I also have hand weights I use a lot. I wish we lived in Florida, where the weather is nice year around and you can walk outside all the time. I live in Des Moines, Iowa, and it's the winter time that I usually put on more weight. The weather is cold and you don't want to go outside, so you sit inside and watch tv and eat all winter; and with all the clothes you have to wear, you don't realize it until spring time when you can't fit into anything any more. We're going to be moving some place warm in a few years and then I'll be able to exercise more outside. We like Las Vegas area; Arizona and Florida, so I'm not sure where we'll end up.

Happy Cruising......Sparkle 10 (Anita)

PS If we lived in Florida, it would also be a bonus to drive to the cruise ports, instead of always having to fly everywhere.:rolleyes:

Well..I live on Orlando and I have to tell you, I don't go outside unless I have to during the summer! The heat index lately has been 100-105 degrees outside during the day and even at night time it doesn't get below 80's. Its funny because I would rather be somewhere cold then hot..lol I do love the beach though (as long as there is a pool near by to cool off)..lol

It is nice living in Orlando as we are 45 minutes to Port Canaveral and 1 1/2 hours to Tampa. It does save alot of money on airfare!

DolphinFan--You can do 1200 to 1400 calories a day just fine. You may want to try Miralax 17gm scoop per day for the colon and try to stop the Milk of Mag. This is really a good method to improve without a laxative that can be a problem long term. It is now over the counter at the drug stores. My daughter is using the Xenical and it is helping her slow colon along with weight loss. Your beta-blocker medication is most likely the one you reported. Your doing great with that loss so far-----I have lost 13 with 10 more in hopes before 9/24/07. For my big 50--b-day cruise. Want to be at goal before big 50. I am just glad to be so healthy and still laugh at myself and with others...:)

Hello All,

I just happened upon this thread about Alli. I am currently doing Weight Watchers at home as I have 30-40 pounds to lose again! Frustrating but I want to feel better and I know it is a healthy system and it works if I follow it.

Anyway, I was at my doctors a couple of months ago and mentioned I was going to try and lose some weight, again, and my doctor quickly asked me if I ever used diet pills. I said no, because I don't. I asked her why and she said that many people were using the Alli pills these days and she wanted to be sure I wouldn't. I asked her why and she said that they were very bad for you and mentioned some of the very unpleasant side effects many people have already mentioned on this thread.

I know how frustrating dieting can get and believe me I know about set backs and yo yoing, etc. but I would highly recommend you not start or continue with the Alli pills. Anything that messes with my bodies ability to absorb anything and can make me involuntarily have an accident just doesn't set well with me. I would worry about possible long term effects as well. Too often things like this are so new not all the side effects are even known yet.

Just my opinion.

Jan

DolphinFan--You can do 1200 to 1400 calories a day just fine. You may want to try Miralax 17gm scoop per day for the colon and try to stop the Milk of Mag. This is really a good method to improve without a laxative that can be a problem long term. It is now over the counter at the drug stores. My daughter is using the Xenical and it is helping her slow colon along with weight loss. Your beta-blocker medication is most likely the one you reported. Your doing great with that loss so far-----I have lost 13 with 10 more in hopes before 9/24/07. For my big 50--b-day cruise. Want to be at goal before big 50. I am just glad to be so healthy and still laugh at myself and with others...:)

Thanks for the advice! My big 5-0 is next October and I WILL be at my goal weight..I am determined as all get out! lol A bunch of us are going to go to the Keys for an extended weekend to celebrate and do the Duvall Crawl. I want to be comfortable in a bathing suit!

How is the Alli working for you so far? I started on the 16th of July and just hit my 15 pound mark.

Alli is working great so far. I have lost 8 pounds. I have been following the diet part but haven't been exercising. I plan to start that tonight. Hopefully that will help out a lot.

Alli is working great so far. I have lost 8 pounds. I have been following the diet part but haven't been exercising. I plan to start that tonight. Hopefully that will help out a lot.

I hit my 20 pound mark myself. I started Alli on July 16th. I just started exercising this week..hoping to give my body the boost it needs to lose another 15 pounds before my cruise on 9/2/07.

Hello All,

I just happened upon this thread about Alli. I am currently doing Weight Watchers at home as I have 30-40 pounds to lose again! Frustrating but I want to feel better and I know it is a healthy system and it works if I follow it.

Anyway, I was at my doctors a couple of months ago and mentioned I was going to try and lose some weight, again, and my doctor quickly asked me if I ever used diet pills. I said no, because I don't. I asked her why and she said that many people were using the Alli pills these days and she wanted to be sure I wouldn't. I asked her why and she said that they were very bad for you and mentioned some of the very unpleasant side effects many people have already mentioned on this thread.

I know how frustrating dieting can get and believe me I know about set backs and yo yoing, etc. but I would highly recommend you not start or continue with the Alli pills. Anything that messes with my bodies ability to absorb anything and can make me involuntarily have an accident just doesn't set well with me. I would worry about possible long term effects as well. Too often things like this are so new not all the side effects are even known yet.

Just my opinion.

Jan

I agree, I am hesitant to mess with the way my body works just to hope to drop a few extra pounds. The added side effect of a possible "accident" just increases my wariness of this drug. :eek:

However, while I don't think it's a miracle drug, it does seem like it makes people watch their fat intake in order to avoid having an "oops". Therefore, it seems like it kind of forces you to learn to eat healthier. I'd rather learn the old-fashioned way myself. Once you stop the pills, is it easy to gain the weight back since you are not blocking fat anymore? Does anyone know?

Either way, I wish you all luck in your weight loss!

Hi all! I just started Alli last night! Pretty excited about it since I've been waiting to try it sinced they announced that they would put it OTC last year. I forgot all about it, saw this board yesterday, and ran right out and picked some up!

I'm cruising in Jan. 08, and wish to drop a few lbs.

DolphinFan, You are doing great! I think that a lot of your weight loss is due to your diet and excercise. I'm sure that the Alli is helping, but diet and excercise is the biggest thing you can do to change your weight. You are doing most of the work it seems, not the Alli! Way to go!

About a year ago I went on a low-fat and excercise diet (without Alli) and I lost 20 lbs. Your sample diet looks a lot like what I was eating. I've managed to gain back 10 of it due to getting married in that time and not having enough time to get to the gym, and eating out alot with my husband, blah blah blah.

Now I hope to use Alli to give me a jumpstart in losing the lbs. I gained back, and hopefully I will get back the motivation to get back to the gym and eat a little better!

But for the people out there that are skeptical, diet and excercise is really the best way to go. Alli will aid in your loss, but you really do have to make a lifestyle change. The reason the side effects get bad for some is because the Allli is working to expel the fat that you've eaten, instead of storing it in your body. If you are eating so much fat that you can't control your bowels, you have a very bad diet, and you need to change what you are eating. I'm sure Alli will help you lose, but for your health you need to reconsider what you are putting into your body. Alli wasn't made so you can continue eating cheetos and lose weight. It's to give you a jumpstart on a healthy lifestyle which is why they put so much emphasis on diet and excercise.If this is how you are eating, Alli might help you short term, but once you stop taking them you will gain the weight right back. The people that are using this and have a decent diet already, won't have such bad side effects, because they are eating less fat so less fat will be expelled from you know where!:eek:

I read something about someone only losing two pouds. Could it be that you have a decent diet already? Maybe you eat relatively low fat but your portions are too large, and you are just taking in too many calories as opposed to too much fat. I'd suggest doing more excercise or trying to cut your calories some more and see if you see any results!

I've lost 20 lbs. so I know what I need to do to lose the weight in a healthy manner, it's just that actually doing it is hard! But I'm slowly getting ready to get back there and I think Alli will motivate me to do that!

Hi all! I just started Alli last night! Pretty excited about it since I've been waiting to try it sinced they announced that they would put it OTC last year. I forgot all about it, saw this board yesterday, and ran right out and picked some up!

I'm cruising in Jan. 08, and wish to drop a few lbs.

DolphinFan, You are doing great! I think that a lot of your weight loss is due to your diet and excercise. I'm sure that the Alli is helping, but diet and excercise is the biggest thing you can do to change your weight. You are doing most of the work it seems, not the Alli! Way to go!

About a year ago I went on a low-fat and excercise diet (without Alli) and I lost 20 lbs. Your sample diet looks a lot like what I was eating. I've managed to gain back 10 of it due to getting married in that time and not having enough time to get to the gym, and eating out alot with my husband, blah blah blah.

Now I hope to use Alli to give me a jumpstart in losing the lbs. I gained back, and hopefully I will get back the motivation to get back to the gym and eat a little better!

But for the people out there that are skeptical, diet and excercise is really the best way to go. Alli will aid in your loss, but you really do have to make a lifestyle change. The reason the side effects get bad for some is because the Allli is working to expel the fat that you've eaten, instead of storing it in your body. If you are eating so much fat that you can't control your bowels, you have a very bad diet, and you need to change what you are eating. I'm sure Alli will help you lose, but for your health you need to reconsider what you are putting into your body. Alli wasn't made so you can continue eating cheetos and lose weight. It's to give you a jumpstart on a healthy lifestyle which is why they put so much emphasis on diet and excercise.If this is how you are eating, Alli might help you short term, but once you stop taking them you will gain the weight right back. The people that are using this and have a decent diet already, won't have such bad side effects, because they are eating less fat so less fat will be expelled from you know where!:eek:

I read something about someone only losing two pouds. Could it be that you have a decent diet already? Maybe you eat relatively low fat but your portions are too large, and you are just taking in too many calories as opposed to too much fat. I'd suggest doing more excercise or trying to cut your calories some more and see if you see any results!

I've lost 20 lbs. so I know what I need to do to lose the weight in a healthy manner, it's just that actually doing it is hard! But I'm slowly getting ready to get back there and I think Alli will motivate me to do that!

I TOTALLY agree with you! I know Alli is not a "magic pill" but it will however keep me on track so I don't go out and splurge on bad foods. Its kind of a little angel in my pocket..lol..I know if I eat bad, there is going to be H E Double LL's to pay! I actually hit my 23 pound mark this morning and I could not be happier! I have set small goals, lose another 10 before my cruise 9/2, another 10 before my birthday 10/16 and another 10 before New Years. I think these are attainable and its easier to set small goals, instead of saying I want to lose 50 pounds!

Good luck on your diet and the Alli, let me know how it works for you!

Dear DolphinFan,

Kudos on your astounding weight loss!!!! I have a few questions about Alli.

Can you drink alcohol with no side effects? Can you use regular salad dressing or do they recommend low fat or no fat? Would you take it while you are on vacation?

I'm contemplating it. We're cruising at the end of September and I need to drop some lbs prior to that. We'll be at Disney for Labor day and the idea of worrying about leakage while walking around the parks doesn't thrill me.

I've been counting points with WW but it is too easy for me to disregard it if I choose to cheat.

Also, I was on the Alli website and they said people with certain medical conditions shouldn't take it and its listed on the label. I couldn't find the info on their web site and I looked pretty hard for it. What kind of conditions do they list?

Thanks a bunch---you inspired me to try again whether with alli or not.

Marina

Dear DolphinFan,

Kudos on your astounding weight loss!!!! I have a few questions about Alli.

Can you drink alcohol with no side effects? Can you use regular salad dressing or do they recommend low fat or no fat? Would you take it while you are on vacation?

I'm contemplating it. We're cruising at the end of September and I need to drop some lbs prior to that. We'll be at Disney for Labor day and the idea of worrying about leakage while walking around the parks doesn't thrill me.

I've been counting points with WW but it is too easy for me to disregard it if I choose to cheat.

Also, I was on the Alli website and they said people with certain medical conditions shouldn't take it and its listed on the label. I couldn't find the info on their web site and I looked pretty hard for it. What kind of conditions do they list?

Thanks a bunch---you inspired me to try again whether with alli or not.

Marina

I have drunk beer and Capt. Morgan with NO side effects..just have to count the calories! I try and keep my fat grams to the barest minimum, so I use the Wishbone Fat Free Dressing Spray. Its very good and NO fat at all.

I will probably stop taking the Alli afew days before my cruise as I don't want to limit myself on what I eat (love steak and haven't had it since taking Alli). I plan on working out each day and will try to make good choices but I don't want to pass on everything! lol I plan on starting right back when I get home as I want to lose another 10 pounds before my b-day in October and then another 10 before New Years. I'm trying to set small goals so they can be obtainable.

Not sure about the medical issues..I'm sure you can ask your pharmacist..they seem to know alot about Alli (at least mine did).

Good luck and keep me informed if you decide to take it!

Dolphinfan,

You have inspired me into trying Alli.:D I am soooo excited to start. For the hundreth time my be more in my life I have started a diet, but this time I am trying to do it in baby steps. Life changes I have come to learn don't happen over night. I started to exercise about 8 weeks ago 4 times a week. My next step is to start watching what goes into my mouth. I think with this new medication might be an answer for me. So a friend and I are going to share a bottle and see if we can have the same results as you. Keep up the good work. My cruise is not until next March so I have some time to maybe lose 70 lbs. Also my youngest son is getting married in April so I have a double wammie next year. Hopefully this is the answer to me prayers.

Bonnie

I started Alli on June l6th, 8 weeks ago today, and I'm down 20 lbs! Hope to get to 150 by Labor Day. We have a cruise booked for 11/25/07 on Conquest and would like to be down to 135 by then. I don't know if that is possible, but that is what I'm shooting for. I just started walking this past week and I think it has helped. I only lost 1 lb last week, but this week it was 2. Slow and steady will work for me. I haven't had any TE and have even eaten out a few times during the 8 weeks I've been on Alli. I just didn't take the pill once or twice. Good luck to all!

Archived