Need Help In A Cancellation.

I need help in making a cancellation for The Liberty in April 2009. From what I can figure out, I have to do it in writing. Has anyone ever had experience in cancelling a cruise and, how did you go about cancelling?

Thanks for your help.

Bonnie

I need help in making a cancellation for The Liberty in April 2009. From what I can figure out, I have to do it in writing. Has anyone ever had experience in cancelling a cruise and, how did you go about cancelling?

Thanks for your help.

Bonnie

You can call RCL if you booked directly and cancel. If you used a TA, give them a call. You don't need to do it in writing.

Thanks for your help.

Bonnie

It depends on how you booked the cruise. If you booked directly with RCI, contact them and ask how to go about cancelling and getting your deposit refunded. If you booked through a TA contact that person or agency and have them handle it for you. You are well outside any penalty period so you should get a full refund of your deposit. Most good TAs do not charge a cancellation fee so you should be safe there as well.

If you booked online at RCCL's website you can cancel right online as well. Just go into your cruises section and follow the directions. I did this for my cruise that was originally to be in March but had to change to a later date. My deposit was back on my credit card in a few days.

Oh yes, I am the queen of cancellations - I have what I call "the cruise curse". Random, out of the blue, major events usually happen to me within days of booking a cruise which result in me having to cancel. :eek: I just booked 3 days ago so I'm waiting for a meteor to land on my house!

Seriously, as others have stated, if you booked directly with the cruiseline then you call or cancel online. If you booked with a TA, go with their specific guidance. For cruises cancelled direct with RC, they are very quick about refunding money (at least if paid by cc).:)

Archived