Water Taxi, Venice

Has anyone taken a water taxi from the airport in Venice to a hotel lately? I know there are threads on this, but I can't find them. The last time we were in Venice, we had a terrible time finding a water taxi to take us to Locanda Orseolo. They all wanted to drop us at San Marco. I had heard that you can arrange for the water taxi at the airport. If anyone has done this, where is the desk located and did you walk to the dock. When we were there 2 years ago, there was a free shuttle to the water taxi dock, but I don't think it's available any more. Thanks.

Joan

We used a taxi to the airport, not from, but I found this on the Venice Airport website. It pretty much has the info you need:

http://www.motoscafivenezia.it/

We walked to the airport from the dock and it was about a 7 to 10 minute walk, and not easy if you can't walk well, there's a moderate incline. But, I guess it's downhill if you're going TO the dock :o) Some guy was at the dock offering a shuttle, not for free, but for 50 Euros! luckily, we could get to the airport on our own steam.

I think most of the posts regarding the water taxi in venice agree it is the easiest, and also the priciest, way to get from the airport to your hotel...but what are the OTHER OPTIONS to get from airport to hotel???

We did the opposite route from the Locanda Orseolo on June 12, which we shared with another couple. The boat dock is a long walk from the terminal. There were no free shuttles. However, there is Porter Service by van which cost us $25 for two with 4 pieces of luggage to be checked. For us, it was worth the $$. I would ask a porter for assistance to the Water Taxi dock. Definetly ask of one with the yellow stripe on the side windows, which should take you directly to the Locanda if the water level is sufficient.

We loved our stay at the Locanda. Please say hello from Sid & Bev.

Bon Voyage

Nanatravel

I think most of the posts regarding the water taxi in venice agree it is the easiest, and also the priciest, way to get from the airport to your hotel...but what are the OTHER OPTIONS to get from airport to hotel???

JORDIE:This website was a great help for our plans. The Blue ACTV Bus plus the vaporetta worked great for us. Explore this whole website for instructions from airport to Venice, too:

http://www.cheapvenice.com/buses-venice-marco-polo-airport.htm

This is NOT a good idea if you have any walking problems or other disabilities (or more than just one piece of luggage per person, or at least the abilty to strap case together for easy transport). You can also explore storing excess luggage at the train station or Piazza Roma so you only have one small bag each. This has been discussed before extensively on these boards (Search..). Venice is not at all easy to get around if you are at all disabled or not fairly spry. In that case a water taxi is truly your ONLY option, and the costs are quite steep.

Archived