cruise card payments

spailing

I thought I had this all sussed but am now more confused than ever.My wife and I will obviously both have our own cards but will she be able to top hers up from her credit card as we received our wallet the other day and there is a form there asking for the credit card that will be used for payments and who it will cover, should there have been two forms or what.

Yes, it was the same with us. There were four of us and we had all our cards linked to the one credit card. At the end of the cruise (or whenever you want one, just ask) the pursers office gives you a print out with each persons charges on it and the amount each person has spent. At the end of the cruise just one amount appears on the credit card statement though. Hope this helps.

We had one form to link both our cards to the one credit card when we sailed last year.

LouLou - I see from your ticker that we're booked on the same cruise :D Look forward to running into you on board :D You coming along to the Portside Party on 15 Aug??

I thought I had this all sussed but am now more confused than ever.My wife and I will obviously both have our own cards but will she be able to top hers up from her credit card as we received our wallet the other day and there is a form there asking for the credit card that will be used for payments and who it will cover, should there have been two forms or what.

You don't actually 'top up' your cruise cards from your credit card anymore. You nominate a credit card at the start of the cruise(either one each, or you can nominate one credit card for both passengers) and at the end of the cruise the final balance of your cruise card account is charged to the nominated credit card.

I just remembered when we boarded the Star in January this year they didn't want the form ... the just took the actual credit card and linked it to our cruise cards there and then. (We went to the purser's desk and put cash on the kids cards later that day).

Our Son still managed to overspend his cash allowance on his card as it took some time for a couple of his charges to get through (NZ Ice Cream and the jewellery by the inch - he bought something quite inexpensive for his sister ... how nice). He had checked with the Purser the night before we disembarked and he was $8 overspent, so I sent him down with the correct cash to fix it up.

When we went to leave the ship the next morning - he card set off the 'bong bong' alarm as he swiped his card through the machine ... we had to report back to the Purser to clear the $1.70 that was still owing (which I had to put on my credit card as I had absolutely no cash on me - and the Purser had to get authorisation for it!).

Took us an extra 20 minutes to get off the ship!!!

Archived