Cabin Assignment Opinions Needed!

Outhouse

Wife and I are booked on the Island Princess South Bound out of Whittier in 2 weeks. We booked a BG Guaranty and just got our room assignment and it is B355 on the Baja deck midship. Anyway, it is a BC class room which is 3 grades better. Anyway, the only reservation I have is that the room is on the starboard side and we requested Port side. Comments??? I would be completely happy if we had been on the port side.

You won't see as much passing scenery going southbound on the starboard side. However, when you're in Glacier Bay and College Fjord, the captain rotates the ship so the views can be had by all, regardless of which side of the ship they're on. We sailed on the Coral Princess, which is a twin sister to the Island (just dressed a little different.) Great layout and easy to navigate.

Wife and I are booked on the Island Princess South Bound out of Whittier in 2 weeks. We booked a BG Guaranty and just got our room assignment and it is B355 on the Baja deck midship. Anyway, it is a BC class room which is 3 grades better. Anyway, the only reservation I have is that the room is on the starboard side and we requested Port side. Comments??? I would be completely happy if we had been on the port side.
If you have a guarantee cabin, I don't think you have preference as to where the cabin you end up will be. As others will undoubtedly point out, if location such as port side was of prime importance, guarantee is not the way to go.

Sounds like from the above response, both sides have their pluses on your itinerary.

Archived