Travelling to Seattle from Vancouver

We are booked on the NCL Pearl 26th August. Before the cruise we are having a week in Vancouver and a couple of days in seattle. Can anyone recommend the best way to travel between the two. As we are from england what happens at the US border. As there are the two of us plus our 15 year old Greyhound is looking favourite at the moment as i belive there is only 1 train a day for that route, is this the easiest?

We are booked on the NCL Pearl 26th August. Before the cruise we are having a week in Vancouver and a couple of days in seattle. Can anyone recommend the best way to travel between the two. As we are from england what happens at the US border. As there are the two of us plus our 15 year old Greyhound is looking favourite at the moment as i belive there is only 1 train a day for that route, is this the easiest?

US or Canadian Customs offical will board the train at the border and process the passengers aboard the train. Upon arrival at your destination, you'll unboard the train like everyone else.

The Cascade (Amtrak) train travels south in the evening, and north in the morning. Have a great "holiday"!

Two years ago, we hired a car in Seattle and drove to North Vancouver then did the return journey a week and a half later. At the border on the way south, we queued up and waited for our turn then were asked to show our passports (British) and went on our way. No big deal at all.

Although I recommend the train also...the times being what they are sometimes make it difficult.

Customs & Immigration South bound are on the train at the border by USA, northbound they are right in the station in Vancouver. Simple to problem for those from the "Mother Country" :)

This bus is great also

http://www.quickcoach.com/

The train is my favorite way to get to Vancouver from Seattle. The train runs along the water most of the way, so the scenery is awesome, much better than the freeway. Also, there's no waiting in line at the border. But, there's only one train a day, as others mentioned, so if it doesn't fit with your schedule, the bus is OK. I'd go with the Quick Coach (link in post above) over the Greyhound. It's a little nicer.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree, the train is the best. We took the Amtrak train from Seattle to Vancouver and like the other person mentioned, beautiful scenery the whole way, and more comfortable than the bus. We sat in the dining car the whole way (although the regular seats are very comfortable too) but the dining car seats face the huge wrap around windows and looked out onto the water. So lovely!

Archived