Brooklyn terminal luggage drop-off

sailorJo

I read that on arriving at the Brooklyn pier you drive directly to the luggage drop-off area then drive around and park your car. Does that mean you check in your luggage before you park or do you hand it to a porter who holds it for you? A little confused here.:(

I read that on arriving at the Brooklyn pier you drive directly to the luggage drop-off area then drive around and park your car. Does that mean you check in your luggage before you park or do you hand it to a porter who holds it for you? A little confused here.:(

Once you give your luggage to the porter its gone. They check it in without you. It is really not far from the parking area....I normally drop off my significant other with the hand luggage and then park and come back for her.

You don't really even have to drop it off before you park - you park literally in front of the ship. It's a two minute walk from the parking lot to the baggage drop off.

But if you choose to drop your luggage before, the porters check it when they take it from you.

and these porters, is one expected to tip them and if so how much? What about the cab driver that brings you to the port, how much does he expect?

Thanks

2 dollars a bag....

cab driver should get 10% of the fare....

:D If you park first, the lot will be full of large luggage carts from the cruisers who just disembarked. It will be a very short walk to the terminal with your luggage on the cart. Or, as previously stated , drop your luggage with a porter right at the front door. Either way, the system works really well.

Archived