stores

There is a Coach store in St. Thomas, but you have to walk through a jewelry store to get to it, like all the other stores there. It is very tiny and it is retail, not an outlet. San Juan has the outlet.

St. Martin has an upscale shopping center in Marigot, right across from the Yacht Club. I honestly don't remember if there is a Coach store, but I do remember other high-end clothing retailers located in the center.

The Coach store in St. Thomas will save you on sales tax only - prices are the same as home. The best Coach Outlet IMO is the one in San Juan! It is the first place we go when arriving in that port!! It is about a 10 to 15 minute walk from the ship. We have found that items that are in the outlet in San Juan are still current season offerings at home. I don't remember seeing the Coach Outlet in Key West. Can someone tell me where it is - we'll be there in August.

Does the Coach Outlet in San Juan have better deals on purses than the Coach outlets in the United States? I know my youngest daughter will want to check it out when we go there next May, but we already have a Coach Outlet store close to our house. Is it worth the trip?

Does the Coach Outlet in San Juan have better deals on purses than the Coach outlets in the United States? I know my youngest daughter will want to check it out when we go there next May, but we already have a Coach Outlet store close to our house. Is it worth the trip?

I am a serious :D Coach shopper, mostly at the retails stores, but two outlets in my area - Atlantic City and Peddlers Village in PA. With that said, there was no comparison between the selection and prices in the San Juan store. We have been there 3 times, all on holiday cruises, and I must say that all three times the store was having a "sale" with 20% off the listed outlet price. I have no idea if this sale goes on all the time or just over the holidays. On our last trip I bought a wallet that I badly wanted for Christmas that at our retauil store was $258. I got the exact wallet for less that $100 in San Juan. As you all know, any outlet shopping is hit or miss - we just have hit very well over the holidays. Happy shopping - my #1 past-time! P.S. there was also ugly stuff in the store that I've never seen in a retail store here! :eek:

In St. Thomas & St. Maarten (Phillipsburg) the coach store is in the Little Switzerland store. You walk into Little Switzerland and there is an opening to a separate store for Coach. The previous poster is correct that all you save in there is the sales tax that you would pay in the states. However, they did have quite a large selection of bags.

We have been there 3 times, all on holiday cruises, and I must say that all three times the store was having a "sale" with 20% off the listed outlet price. I have no idea if this sale goes on all the time or just over the holidays. On our last trip I bought a wallet that I badly wanted for Christmas that at our retauil store was $258. I got the exact wallet for less that $100 in San Juan.

Thanks for the info. It looks like we will be checking out the store when we get to San Juan.

We also have a Coach outlet at the Sawgrass Mills Mall in Sunrise (west of Ft. Lauderdale). Most of the ships have excursions to this mall (I know, I can't believe it either). There is also Ferragamo (sp?), Ralph Lauren, etc.

Gonna have to find a cruise to San Juan now.

How do we get to the San Juan outlet? How could she have missed it last July? My wife is hyperventilating since she read this post. So much for shore excursions at that port. Any Louis Vuittons?

The first time we just found it by mistake. We were walking from the fort back down to the ship and just passed it. I wish I could help you with directions, but I can't. It is not on any of the ship's maps. It is along a row of designer stores, including Polo. I will try to locate a receipt - it must have an address on it. I'll get back to you when I find something.

The Coach store in St. Thomas will save you on sales tax only - prices are the same as home. The best Coach Outlet IMO is the one in San Juan! It is the first place we go when arriving in that port!! It is about a 10 to 15 minute walk from the ship. We have found that items that are in the outlet in San Juan are still current season offerings at home. I don't remember seeing the Coach Outlet in Key West. Can someone tell me where it is - we'll be there in August.

The Coach Outlet in Key West is across from La Tratorria Restaurant on Duval Street about half way up the street. That restaurant is on the corner of Duval and Apelrouth Street. I'd say that Coach Outlet is about three doors down from Apelrouth Street. It has big windows.

So if you are heading up Duval toward the Southernmost Point or the Buttefly Conservatory, the Coach Outlet will be on your left hand side of the street. If you pass the Walgreen's Drugstore on the left hand side of the street, you have gone a half a block too far.

The store is very popular. I think it closes about six in the afternoon.

We were just at the Coach Outlet in San Juan. We bought. I think it is hit and miss. There is tax in San Juan 6.5% so you won't get a tax break but they had sales.

We were there on Thursday. Store opens at 10am.

Right across the street is a Dooney and Burke outlet too. They had some good deals as well. We bought there too.

There is also Ralph Lauren store across the street. It appeared to be open a little earlier.

There is also a Tommy Hilfiger store on the same side of the street as Doony and Burke and Coach. Spent there too!

Archived