Looking for advice please, 7-21

We are hoping someone knows of a close to Pier 66 grocery store or market where we would be able to purchase diet sodas and snacks to keep in our cabin -preferably something close to the pier. Also any comments on staterooms in the AD category would be appreciated. Many thanks for any advice and help. Myrtle

Myrtle - I had the same question and found that the locals recommend a Safeway grocery store near Pier 66 - not walking distance though. I'm planning to stop there on my way to the pier in August.

Here is the thread where I got the info:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=557997

Also - if you do a search on the Alaska board using the word "Seattle" and "soda", you should come up with some other ideas. There are some shops and restaurants walking distance from Pier 66, but they would be more expensive than a grocery store.

Hope that helps. Have a great trip!

Debbi

Debi thank you so much we really appreciate your help and will make note of the SafewaY....THEY say here in AZ that they deliver...wonder if that is pushing it to ask them to come to us ?? Will need to hire a cab and go make he run...still more reasonable than buying on board. Thanks again. Myrtle

Depending on how much you are planning on bringing.....there is a deli right a pier 66 that has soda, snacks, emergency supplies, 'gas station burritos', etc.

Yes, there is a Safeway on lower Queen Anne and a QFC grocery store kitty corner of the Queen Anne Post Office. You would be able to have a cab driver take you to either place, with attitude of course, but they will take you.

You'll be able to get almost anything you need in the Pike Place Market area. Small grocery, specialty groceries ie: mexican, italian and other ethnic, wines (no hard liquor store that I can think of) deli's, etc and so on. A walk 3 or so blocks along Pike Place will net you more than you'll need. Easily within walking to pier 66 - after you've dropped off luggage.

You'll be able to get almost anything you need in the Pike Place Market area. Small grocery, specialty groceries ie: mexican, italian and other ethnic, wines (no hard liquor store that I can think of) deli's, etc and so on. A walk 3 or so blocks along Pike Place will net you more than you'll need. Easily within walking to pier 66 - after you've dropped off luggage.

There's a liquor store on 2nd &...I think it's University? It's not in Pike Place but it's only a couple of blocks away. Not sure if one in Belltown would be closer, I don't know Belltown that well (I'm not cool enough to hang out there :D).

Archived