Hammocks

Madforcruising,

Thanks for the info. We only saw the ship and I thought it would be a nice addition to RCCL. I'm not advocating wholesale changes in RCCL's dining policy or overall cruise concept. Simply an idea for an additional luxury for us.

Alan

Alan,

I know and I just posted this to give some informations for whoever may be interested in the concept of Aida cruises as they are mostly marketed in German speaking areas and the concept is a little different from traditional cruising. Didn´t relate my post to any changes with RCCL or even comparison.

Alan,

I know and I just posted this to give some informations for whoever may be interested in the concept of Aida cruises as they are mostly marketed in German speaking areas and the concept is a little different from traditional cruising. Didn´t relate my post to any changes with RCCL or even comparison.

Madforcruising,

Viele Dank (sp?) for your explanation for your reply. I realise that Aida is aimed at a different market, and I didn't misconstrue your answer. I don't know where you are based in Deutschland, but if you ever get to Verden (an der Aller), please pass on my regards to Dr und Frau Schottler at Schleppenfuhrerstrasse, 10.....sorry about my bad German...I don't even know where to find an umlaut on my keyboard!!

Alan

I saw an Aida ship in some port in the Med last month while on Brilliance and was impressed. It looked like one of the nicer European cruise ships.

Do we think that hammocks on the balcony would be a good idea or not? I'd start one of those polls, but I'm computer illiterate and wouldn't even know how to begin!

Alan

Do we think that hammocks on the balcony would be a good idea or not? I'd start one of those polls, but I'm computer illiterate and wouldn't even know how to begin!

Alan

I think it is a good idea but like someone else said you have to be very coordinated in order to get in and out of them. Throw a few adult beverages into the mix and the most coordinated adult becomes uncoordinated. I would think most lines would not try it due to the injury factor.

I think it is a good idea but like someone else said you have to be very coordinated in order to get in and out of them. Throw a few adult beverages into the mix and the most coordinated adult becomes uncoordinated. I would think most lines would not try it due to the injury factor.

This is a sign of the times. If our current trend towards litigation prevails, then we are all in trouble. A simple answer would be to get a hole punched in your sea pass a la rock wall. This would prove that you have signed a disclaimer and that any injury happening as a result of you trying to mount your hammock would (naturally) be your fault and have NOTHING to do with the cruise line which installed it for your comfort and enjoyment.

Next thing we wil all have to sign a disclaimer to enter the pool-just in case!

Increasingly frustrated, Alan

Archived