NCL Mastercard FAQ

Host CMLA

Nope' date=' that would be like getting credit for a price drop after final payment for your cruise.

Oh, sorry that is a different thread.:rolleyes:

PE[/quote']

LOL PE.. it just gets worser and worser. (BTW, I know that's not a word)

Edited by AWinkler

The Chase Freedom card gives 1% cash back, plus an additional 2% on the amount spent in your top 3 spending categories each month, up to $12 a month. If most of your spending is under these categories each month it might be worth looking into.

The Chase Freedom card gives 1% cash back, plus an additional 2% on the amount spent in your top 3 spending categories each month, up to $12 a month. If most of your spending is under these categories each month it might be worth looking into.

Lumofny, what does "up to $12 month" mean? Is that the limit of how much you can earn on the 2% categories?

What number (and voice prompts) have you been using to request your certificates? My wife just called up to request our certificates and they didnt seem to know what we were talking about. Is there a trick to this or do you just keep calling back until someone picks up who is in the know? All the rep said tonight when we mentioned Compass Rewards certificates was that the program was ending and if we would like to hear details about the new program. :(

Also, does it matter that she is the primary cardholder, yet the booking was made under my name? She is passenger #2 on the booking, and I am an authorized user on her card account? As long as both our names show up both places, Im hoping that there won't be any issues. Anyone have any experience in this situation?

What number (and voice prompts) have you been using to request your certificates? My wife just called up to request our certificates and they didnt seem to know what we were talking about. Is there a trick to this or do you just keep calling back until someone picks up who is in the know? All the rep said tonight when we mentioned Compass Rewards certificates was that the program was ending and if we would like to hear details about the new program. :(

A lot of the agents are clueless about Compass Rewards. Just call back and try again.

Also, does it matter that she is the primary cardholder, yet the booking was made under my name? She is passenger #2 on the booking, and I am an authorized user on her card account? As long as both our names show up both places, Im hoping that there won't be any issues. Anyone have any experience in this situation?

You should be fine. The terms of the certificates state only that the cardholder must be a passenger in the cabin.

Edited by gtalum

Unless you need to apply these certificates in the next 6-8 weeks, I would wait and let them send the certificates out in January. You will have an extra year to use them if you do this, in case your plans change.

Unless you need to apply these certificates in the next 6-8 weeks, I would wait and let them send the certificates out in January. You will have an extra year to use them if you do this, in case your plans change.

NCL faq states the following:

"What happens to my Compass Rewards?

Your final certificate(s) will arrive by mail on or before January 31, 2009. You will have one year from date of issue to apply the certificates to a booking, but you will be able to use them towards any NCL cruise before January 31, 2011. "

I think it is not very clear if the extention to January 31, 2011 applies only to the final certificates or to all.

NCL faq states the following:

"What happens to my Compass Rewards?

Your final certificate(s) will arrive by mail on or before January 31, 2009. You will have one year from date of issue to apply the certificates to a booking, but you will be able to use them towards any NCL cruise before January 31, 2011. "

I think it is not very clear if the extention to January 31, 2011 applies only to the final certificates or to all.

It is clear that the extension will apply to the certificates mailed in January, as stated in the policy. It is not clear if that extension will apply to certificates mailed out in 2008, and I am certain you will not be able to get a straight answer from anyone at NCL/BOA about this on the phone. That is why I would not request any certificates now, unless I had a final payment due before mid-February, but that is just my opinion.

Let's just say you have a cruise planned for the fall of 2009 and intend to use the certificates for that cruise, and something comes up between now and then that requires you to cancel and you are unable to travel in 2009. If you let them mail you the certificates in January, you will have the option to rebook something for 2010 and still use the certificates. If you request the certificates now, you may not be able to apply them to a 2010 cruise, and would loose them!!!

I've reading the letter I received last week from NCL/BOA, introducing the new and improved WorldPoints. I'm more than a little confused over the following statement:

Transactions made after your December 2008 statement closing date will not earn points towards the Compass Rewards program. You will receive Compass Reward Certificate(s) for your remaining points balance by January 31, 2009.

If this is the case, I'm SOL!!! I was planning on earning the last 30 points for our final 1500 points this month! Or, since our closing date is the 10th of the month, and we just received the November statement, does it mean the statement we receive in January for the December activity will still earn the Compass Rewards?

I've reading the letter I received last week from NCL/BOA, introducing the new and improved WorldPoints. I'm more than a little confused over the following statement:

Transactions made after your December 2008 statement closing date will not earn points towards the Compass Rewards program. You will receive Compass Reward Certificate(s) for your remaining points balance by January 31, 2009.

If this is the case, I'm SOL!!! I was planning on earning the last 30 points for our final 1500 points this month! Or, since our closing date is the 10th of the month, and we just received the November statement, does it mean the statement we receive in January for the December activity will still earn the Compass Rewards?

OD.. I think that letter is probably information written before they made changes on NCL's website which states that you'll earn points till dec. 31 regardless of when your statement date is.

Here's that link: http://www.ncl.com/nclweb/cruiser/cmsPages.html?pageId=CompassRewardsFAQ#NeedToGetCert

Edited by AWinkler

Well, this is more than a little upsetting, since this is NOT what is posted on the NCL site. This sounds like we cannot earn points once we get our December bill. Many of us have been ordering coins and purchasing gift cards just so we could earn our last points. If it turns out that you can't earn points for the latter part of December there will be alot of angry CC members, as well as others, so let's hope this is not the case. My closing date is this week, and I had planned to put another $3400 on the card the following week, in order to earn my last certificate. Since this is spring rent for a son in college, and a fee will be assessed for that charge (I normally would never put anything on the card where a charge is assessed), I will be even madder if I do not get points for the end of the month charges.

The letter is dated October 1, 2008 - hopefully the NCL website has the most up-to-date information.

I ordered 2 certificates and they sent 3! I ordered them now because our cruise final payment is in a week or so! Now what do I do? The final payment is about $1,350! We are going on a short 4 day cruise prior to the mentioned cruise but that final payment is around $250. This is annoying. I don't think I can go on another cruise before 12/09! Interesting mistake. If they gave credit for deposits I would be all right!

Thanks.

The information on the website was posted approximately a week after the letter was sent out which was Oct. 1st. It is the most up-to-date information. If you're really concerned that NCL may change their mind, copy and paste the website info. to a word document, and then email that document to yourself so that there's a date stamp.

Edited by AWinkler

I ordered 2 certificates and they sent 3! I ordered them now because our cruise final payment is in a week or so! Now what do I do? The final payment is about $1,350! We are going on a short 4 day cruise prior to the mentioned cruise but that final payment is around $250. This is annoying. I don't think I can go on another cruise before 12/09! Interesting mistake. If they gave credit for deposits I would be all right!

Thanks.

If you are sure that you won't be sailing again in 2009 and the certificates expire then, I would send them all in (overnight or fastest most secure way with proof of reciept). In the past they have credited all of it to my account and then credited any overage paid back to the MC, since that is how the deposit is generally paid. Not sure if they will still do this now, but it's worth a try!

If you are sure that you won't be sailing again in 2009 and the certificates expire then, I would send them all in (overnight or fastest most secure way with proof of reciept). In the past they have credited all of it to my account and then credited any overage paid back to the MC, since that is how the deposit is generally paid. Not sure if they will still do this now, but it's worth a try!

I was notified today by my agent that my 3x$500 certificates were applied towards $1200 final payment and now I am 'paid in full'. I, however, do not see the difference of $300 been credited to my CC account. May be it takes time (how long ???) or may be I will never see it.

Alko: We've waited as long as two weeks for the credit to show back up on our credit card. If I were you, I would wait a week then call the accounting department saying you want to know when the credit was applied to your credit card. We have always been credited back without any problem so don't give up. If they say anything about calling your TA, just tell them that the TA doesn't have access to your credit card information to tell when it was credited back. Just keep pushing the issue if they don't want to answer.

Edited by rpbcouple

I was notified today by my agent that my 3x$500 certificates were applied towards $1200 final payment and now I am 'paid in full'. I, however, do not see the difference of $300 been credited to my CC account. May be it takes time (how long ???) or may be I will never see it.

call or email

Lane Flynn | Supervisor, Cruise Rewards

lflynn@ncl.com

480-324-5544

tell her the story of what happened. She has the authority to allow the refund of the down payment....if she isn't there any more ask for who ever replaced her.

good luck

Does anyone know if travel through the new program must be booked through a particular agency or will they just mail us a certificate which we can mail in directly to NCL and have applied again our booking, regardless of who made the reservation?

Does anyone know if travel through the new program must be booked through a particular agency or will they just mail us a certificate which we can mail in directly to NCL and have applied again our booking, regardless of who made the reservation?

I think I read that you have to make the reservation through world points.