NCL Mastercard FAQ

Host CMLA

:confused: Has anyone received their compass points yet from their Dec statement? Has anyone requested them? Just wondering! Won't be satisfied until they are in my hands! Then I will cancel the BOA card!

If you did not request them, and are waiting for the certificates, you will not get them until sometime before mid-February, based on the info in the January 5 letter.

For those of you who still haven't received any of the letters from the bank, do you guys get your statements electronically and that is why maybe your mailing address is not updated? If not, have you tried calling the bank to find out why you haven't gotten any of the letters? Just seems so odd?

just a letter on 10/1/08 & a December 20th from NCL that they are attaching the legal information on the new credit card for NCL from B of A & 6 double sided printouts of legalese with descriptions of every word from credit card to charge to credit limit to default.

Nothing about Worldpoints at all no reference to NCL at all either. Just the NCL letterhead witjh the line of sending us legal paperwork, which B of A would be doing since they are the bank.

I got no statement in December on the 12th or January 12 since they had a -0- balance for 2 months since we shredded the card December 10th which is our billing date. After that NCL states they are going til 12/31 but we wouldn't get more than 250 points since we now have the H Signature VISA oas our main card with AMEX Blue for warranty purchases. Do not trust CITI or B or A with that. So the new NCL card is for NCL charges unless we are getting 4 points per $1 FOR ncl & 2 FOR EVERYTHING ELSE JUST LIKE COMPASS REWARDS. If it is still 500 points for $50,000 in purchases for either, then forget that!

We received one letter today but we have 3 accounts. DH is worried about the Compass Rewards but the reverse side of the letter states "You will receive Compass Reward Certificates by January 31, 2009, based on your Compass Rewards point balance on December 31, 2008...."

Certainly hope they hold true to that statement.

So I don't believe I got the 1-5-09 letter either so can someone confirm they have pushed the dates out for the certificates? The letter I got was from fall and is posted below indicating we get the certificate by 1-31-09 which is still consistant with the FAQ I've seen posted at NCL. Thanks for any help I'm trying to book a March Star cruise for my sister and use the certificate.

FYI. The letter below is posted at http://www.ncl.com/nclweb/cruiser/cmsPages.html?pageId=Compassrewards

If you did not request them, and are waiting for the certificates, you will not get them until sometime before mid-February, based on the info in the January 5 letter.

Did you know NCL's Compass Rewards program will be enhanced to the new NCL WorldPoints program?

Dear Compass Rewards Customers,

Thank you for your participation in the Norwegian Cruise Line Compass Rewards credit card program. There are some exciting changes taking place on your account that will allow you to earn more valuable rewards. We will be launching the NEW NCL® WorldPoints® program in December 2008, replacing the current Compass Rewards Program. You will continue to earn Compass Rewards points for eligible transactions with your current credit card through December 31, 2008. Beginning January 1, 2009, you will earn NCL WorldPoints rewards.

When your Compass Rewards program ends you will automatically become enrolled in the NCL WorldPoints program. The NCL WorldPoints program is a flexible and unique rewards program still providing you great NCL reward options plus a wide array of other travel, merchandise and retail gift card rewards. In addition, you will have access to new exclusive NCL rewards and offers available only to cardholders. As an added bonus, you will receive double points for purchases made directly through Norwegian Cruise Line.

By January 31, 2009 you will receive your certificates for the balance of your Compass Rewards points earned by December 31, 2008 - and you don't have to do anything.

Please find a list of the most frequently asked questions regarding the changing of the program below. If you have any additional questions about the change, please feel free to speak to one of our representatives at 1.866.234.0292

Please click here for FAQs regarding the changing of the Compass Rewards Program.

The 1/5/09 letter says on the front:

"You will receive your final Compass Reward certificates by mail in 6-8 weeks. You may redeem these certificates just as you have done in the past. Simply book and purchase your cruise before the January 31, 2010 certificate expiration date on any sailing prior to January 31, 2011."

Then on the back under the FAQs, it says:

"What happens to the Compass Reward points that I have already earned?

You will receive Compass Reward Certificates by January 31, 2009 based on your Compass Rewards point balance on December 31, 2008."

Since it sounds like points were not calculated correctly for the folks that DID manage to get a point balance as of 12/31/08, I would not be surprised if they are having to go back and double check everyone's balances before sending out the certificates. I would expect the 6-8 weeks to be more accurate and I will be very surprised if we get anything before 1/31/09.

I spent all morning on the phone with BOA and NCL after reading the problems everyone has had so far. I called BOA twice, once transferred to NCL and the second time disconnected. I called an NCL supervisor who was excellent and connected me to a BOA supervisor to help dispute my problems. Bottom line, they could tell me my December point balance but could not tell me how many points I earned during December and if those points were credited. Apparently any points earned will be credited, and then the certificates will be mailed out, and will be received in 6-8 weeks by the end of February (not January 31st). FYI, according to BOA they will no longer have point total records as of 2/1/09 and all questions should be directed to NCL at that time. I am still concerned whether these points will be added and whether the certificate amounts will be correct for myself and most of us. The NCL supervisor is going to investigate this further and said there will be a "dispute address" to send your complaints if you have issues with your point totals. I would suggest everyone else call NCL as well so they are aware of these problems.

We are amongst those with an early in the month closing date. So... all of our december purchases from 12/2 on yielded ZERO points on our 1/2 statement. Round and round we have been with BOA. If anyone out there has the name of a CSR from BOA that has had success getting your December points credited, please share. I promise I will be polite and not let them know where I got their name. ;)

Did you call the number on the back of the card or is there another Rewards number? Also, does anyone know if they consider us new customers to the new program so we can earn the bonus 5,000 points? We have 2 accounts so extra $100 OBC would be nice. As of my Dec 26th statement I had 998 points credited to me and other purchases "pending". The girl I talked to claimed I would get the other points earned before the end of Dec but I think she was just trying to get rid of me. Hopefully I will not have to settle for 4 upgrade cert. I usually book inside cabin so the cost for 2 category upgrade would only be about $50-100. :mad:

I was told by BOA that I would not be consider a new customer and therefore would not get the $50.00 OBC. CSR said I would have to open a new account. I was also told that the 296 points plus the 250 I should have earned from Dec 5 - Dec 31 would be lost bc the program ended. I don't think anyone at BOA has any idea what is going on. I even read the CSR the statement that says you have until 12/31 and she said that is not the info they have. She gave me an e.mail address for the NCL reward fulfillment and suggested I write to them about my balance. I am so frustrated at this point I think I might just wait until mid Feb and see what happens.

Good Luck!!!

We called about 2 weeks ago for our certificates, and haven't received them yet. We wanted to cruise in March - guess it is not going to happen. When we tried to book, they wanted the whole payment - understandable I guess - and if it takes weeks to get the points credited, I don't know how we will get it done in time. Bummer. Any ideas?

Maryallen,

That was my concern back in December. I'm planning a cruise for April and was worried about getting caught up in the snail mail. I called in early December for my two $500 certificates and got them a week later. The down side was I only got one year expiration, but that shouldn't be a problem for me. I know alot of members were loading up points the last month and BOA is moving slow on this.

The e.mail address they gave me to request information or to dispute is:

NCLcertificatefulfillment@bantracorp.com I am not sure if anything will come out of it, but I guess it is worth a try. I requested $3,000.00 in certificates on January 8 and still have not received them.

Cruisecap - did you get this information from Bank or NCL?

The e.mail address they gave me to request information or to dispute is:

NCLcertificatefulfillment@bantracorp.com I am not sure if anything will come out of it, but I guess it is worth a try. I requested $3,000.00 in certificates on January 8 and still have not received them.

I just received an email from Robert Bircz, BOA rep, stating that to dispute Compass Reward Points please send correspondece to:

NCL Compass Rewards Resolution

NC1-022-17-01

201 North Tyron Street

Charlotte, NC 28255

From what is appears from the address he gave me, BOA will not be involved with any disputes.

Edited by noreddye

I just received an email from Robert Bircz, BOA rep, stating that to dispute Compass Reward Points please send correspondece to:

NCL Compass Rewards Resolution

NC1-022-17-01

201 North Tyron Street

Charlotte, NC 28255

From what is appears from the address he gave me, BOA will not be involved with any disputes.

Thanks for posting this!

I cannot, for the life of me, figure out what is going on. I got my January bill for $4,284 and the statement shows 133 World Points! How is this even possible? I wish there was a real live person that could verify our Compass Reward Points total as of December 31, even though we all know what we SHOULD have. I am waiting for my two $500 certificates, and if anything other than that is sent out, I will be contacting the address listed above. I still have $1,000 in grocery gift cards that I will be using for several months, which I purchased to earn the last points for the second certificate!

It is possible that our point balance at the end of Dec could be the points that were on our Dec statement since we have not received another statement for the 31st of Dec. I requested they change my closing date from the 11th to the 30th a few months ago but when I called they said that they tried twice and the request was denied and that was why it ended on the 26th. All I want to know is if all is well and those points that were pending when the statement closed will be added. I really don't want to receive 5 upgrade coupons for my 498 points. :mad: To make matters worse, my husband requested a prescription through the mail plan we have and they put it on the NCL card that we asked them not to use any longer. He got 2 points for December. :(

I think I will request a new card for each of us even if I don't intend to use them....at least the bonus points will give us each a $50 OBC. :D

C Breeze,

Did you exceed the 33-34000 cap of point for the year? I hit mine in November, so I didn't earn any points in Dec.

No. I had 893 on the December statement, and had not reached my max for the billing year. I know I earned 115 for the last two weeks in December (the time between the Dec closing date and the Dec 31 cutoff. So I earned 1008 points for the year and am due two $500 Compass Reward Certificates. I am just trying to figure out how 133 World Points showed up on my January statement. At 1% this would mean that I would have to have spent $13,300 the first two weeks in January. The whole bill was just over $4,000. I am not complaining, just confused.