NCL Mastercard FAQ

Host CMLA

And today FedEx brings my Worldpoints card as the attached paper stated for me to activate it upon receipt. But nothing with it stating anything about Worldpoints Just to visit: www.bankofamerica.com/workpoints. Plus the card is like the Compass Rewards card with Norwegian Dawn on the ocean on it, which I prefer to the ugly card NCL is showing.

So I phoned to activate it, again I was reminded to visit the website to learn everything I can do with it, but no mention of NCL on it as I asked. But we have a new account number since our old one had a new card sent in December that never made it to us, so it was closed and a new account & card created & next day aired to us.

So the cards are in the safe til we book an NCL cruise. Nothing else since we have AMEX Blue for warranty coverage & HH Signature Visa for other charges.

And today FedEx brings my Worldpoints card as the attached paper stated for me to activate it upon receipt. But nothing with it stating anything about Worldpoints Just to visit: www.bankofamerica.com/workpoints. Plus the card is like the Compass Rewards card with Norwegian Dawn on the ocean on it, which I prefer to the ugly card NCL is showing.

So I phoned to activate it, again I was reminded to visit the website to learn everything I can do with it, but no mention of NCL on it as I asked. But we have a new account number since our old one had a new card sent in December that never made it to us, so it was closed and a new account & card created & next day aired to us.

So the cards are in the safe til we book an NCL cruise. Nothing else since we have AMEX Blue for warranty coverage & HH Signature Visa for other charges.

What was your reason for requesting a new card? Are they considering this a new account (getting you $50 OBC) or just a replacement card?

Just got off the phone with BofA. They have no idea what is going on with the conversion to WP. From 1-2 till my statement closed on 1-28 I had $459.00 in net purchases and received only 20 WPs. By their statement I should have received 459 points. They could not explain.

Then the rep looked back at my 12-27 statement which showed $3594.00 in net purchases and was confused that I only received 108 points. WP would have yielded 3594 points. I had to explain that you multiply net purchases by .03 to get the Compass points. In the past I would usually earn 100 Compass points per month.

I am waiting to receive my 3 $500 certificates plus whatever else they give. But I am through with WP. Just received the Schwab 2% card this week. And I have a Chase card that pays 3% unlimited on gas, groceries and drug store.

What was your reason for requesting a new card? Are they considering this a new account (getting you $50 OBC) or just a replacement card?

I've inquired to AFT about this too, lum. I've gotten no answer as to why AFT has received a new card. My assumption is that she assumed she would get a new card, and the BofA rep she spoke with didn't see a new card on her account so the rep assumed that the card was mailed to the wrong address. The phantom card never existed. At that point, AFT's old number, assumed to be compromised, was terminated resulting in a new card with a new number being mailed to her by FedEx, no less. See what happens when we all assume??

Maybe she'll come back and correct me where I'm wrong. :D

Edited by AWinkler

B of A stated they sent the NCL Worldpoints card with my 3 year account # on it. Never received the whole month of January. So it is classified lost in mail or taken by someone else. So account is closed & new account created & new card NDA to us which we got the next morning. Don't know anything about a $50 OBC.

You definately have no idea what you are insulting me over. Read the 10/1/08 letter about Worldpoints & see the new cards all are getting with Compass Rewards account # moved over to thhe new ones.sult.

No anwwer? Just posted your insult which is not to be posted here.

I've inquired to AFT about this too, lum. I've gotten no answer as to why AFT has received a new card. My assumption is that she assumed she would get a new card, and the BofA rep she spoke with didn't see a new card on her account so the rep assumed that the card was mailed to the wrong address. The phantom card never existed. At that point, AFT's old number, assumed to be compromised, was terminated resulting in a new card with a new number being mailed to her by FedEx, no less. See what happens when we all assume??

Maybe she'll come back and correct me where I'm wrong. :D

You definately have no idea what you are insulting me over. Read the 10/1/08 letter about Worldpoints & see the new cards all are getting with Compass Rewards account # moved over to thhe new ones.sult.

And again you get away with insulting people and its okay for you to insult others? :confused: All AWinkler did was answer a question that you had yet to answer in pages past. :rolleyes:

Edited by orangeh3

Our account balance in certificates from BOA was received this last week. We have patiently waited and were rewarded. Our new account with BOA is the same number and we are currently collecting points on the little we do charge on it. We have a Visa that we use to collect points for airfare...4 points for every $100 that we charge for certain items. It is through our credit union. I am now sitting with the certificates from BOA for NCL, two round trip tickets international and we hopefully will be using all on the new F3 next year. What more can I say.:)

Thank you for correcting me. That was the point of my post.

I still don't understand what you're talking about. Maybe you're right that we are to receive new cards. I don't remember reading that on the 10/1 letter, but I don't remember what I had for breakfast yesterday.

The website states that we'll be continuing to use our current card as usual, with no "disruptions."

Why would they be sending you a card and no one else? That's why I believe you assumed you were going to get one, which prodded the rep to assume one had been sent. Let's face it, BofA reps seem pretty clueless sometimes.

Perhaps my post was a bit sardonic, but I was annoyed that the information you posted probably caused many people to think their card is lost in the mail too. All I could do was assume what happened since you hadn't come back to explain.

I already admitted what "assumptions" can cause. Have a nice weekend.

Oh, and thanks Orange. ;)

Edited by AWinkler

Our account balance in certificates from BOA was received this last week. We have patiently waited and were rewarded. Our new account with BOA is the same number and we are currently collecting points on the little we do charge on it. We have a Visa that we use to collect points for airfare...4 points for every $100 that we charge for certain items. It is through our credit union. I am now sitting with the certificates from BOA for NCL, two round trip tickets international and we hopefully will be using all on the new F3 next year. What more can I say.:)

I don't recall if you said you had requested them or if you just waited for them to send them.

I just applied for the new NCL card. I get 5,000 bonus points, enough for a $50 OBC. How far in advance do I need to request that OBC? How long does the process take? Cruising in April.

From what I read, all OBC requests and actual cruise redemption has to be redeemed through WorldPoints on reservations they make. This is different from the old program where you could book wherever you like and have the OBC applied to it. Most places require you book 60 days in advance, but who knows...

Does anyone else have a problem with their on-line account? I'm told i don't have a valid account??? Just wondering if it's me or something to do with all the changes. Thank-you

I can access my acct. just fine. They are even showing a running tally for the very few transactions I have made since 1/1 with the points tallied accurately. Why they cannot show the points balance as of 12/31 is beyond me, though.

We waited for BOA to send them to us. No prompting on our part and no phone calls to BOA, just patiently waited. ;)

I also haven't call and waiting to see if they come as they are suppose to. I only have one $500 cert. due to me. I requested the other $1,500 in Nov. that I had to beat the rush of the end of the year.

We waited for BOA to send them to us. No prompting on our part and no phone calls to BOA, just patiently waited. ;)

Did these come in a sepaerate envelope or as part of your statement? I am expecting 3 or 4 certificates am would like to know what sort of mailing I should be on the lookout for :)

Did these come in a sepaerate envelope or as part of your statement? I am expecting 3 or 4 certificates am would like to know what sort of mailing I should be on the lookout for :)

Separate envelope and not at the same time as our statement. :)

Separate envelope and not at the same time as our statement. :)

Thanks for the info... What was your year end point balance and how many of each certificate did you receive? Did they round your points up or down (if applicable) and what happened to surplus points?

Thanks for the info... What was your year end point balance and how many of each certificate did you receive? Did they round your points up or down (if applicable) and what happened to surplus points?

I received 2 certificates...1=$500 and 1 upgrade certificate. All points were accounted for and had no surplus points...could have been the way my points counted out or maybe they rounded up...:confused: I just looked at my account again and my extra points were carried over to the new year and new program.

Edited by orangeh3

and see the new Worldpoints card with the ugly yellow-orange color, nothing like Dawn criuising on the ocean, which is the card & got again with the new account number on it since my 3 year card was stolen since it never made it to us.'

The Oct 1 letter stated that after your December closing date of Compass Rewards card, the account number would move over to Worldpoints & a new card would be mailed in December to you. Then they changed their story with the 90 day rule on changes of accounts. But I see folks complaining that their rewards didn't show. We shredded our old cards on our billing date, so we had no card for B of A after 12/10. No new card by 1/28, so I called to investigate & was told was sent in December, we never got it, so our long time account was closed & new one opened with card NDA to us.

But no info on the NCL account, even NCL tells me that B of A takes care of it & they know nothing. Their website makes it sound fabulous but no info. Worldpoints site I was told to visit makes it sound bogus as the Celebrity Worldpoints was. Same the RCCL and that was a VISA with hardly any perks. So we used our AMEX Blue instead. Stockholders got us OBC that was $250. But now we have a $8 stock that was a $3500 loser. $15 dividend is a joke.

Thank you for correcting me. That was the point of my post.

I still don't understand what you're talking about. Maybe you're right that we are to receive new cards. I don't remember reading that on the 10/1 letter, but I don't remember what I had for breakfast yesterday.

The website states that we'll be continuing to use our current card as usual, with no "disruptions."

Why would they be sending you a card and no one else? That's why I believe you assumed you were going to get one, which prodded the rep to assume one had been sent. Let's face it, BofA reps seem pretty clueless sometimes.

Perhaps my post was a bit sardonic, but I was annoyed that the information you posted probably caused many people to think their card is lost in the mail too. All I could do was assume what happened since you hadn't come back to explain.

I already admitted what "assumptions" can cause. Have a nice weekend.

Oh, and thanks Orange. ;)

and see the new Worldpoints card with the ugly yellow-orange color, nothing like Dawn criuising on the ocean, which is the card & got again with the new account number on it since my 3 year card was stolen since it never made it to us.'

The Oct 1 letter stated that after your December closing date of Compass Rewards card, the account number would move over to Worldpoints & a new card would be mailed in December to you. Then they changed their story with the 90 day rule on changes of accounts. But I see folks complaining that their rewards didn't show. We shredded our old cards on our billing date, so we had no card for B of A after 12/10. No new card by 1/28, so I called to investigate & was told was sent in December, we never got it, so our long time account was closed & new one opened with card NDA to us.

But no info on the NCL account, even NCL tells me that B of A takes care of it & they know nothing. Their website makes it sound fabulous but no info. Worldpoints site I was told to visit makes it sound bogus as the Celebrity Worldpoints was. Same the RCCL and that was a VISA with hardly any perks. So we used our AMEX Blue instead. Stockholders got us OBC that was $250. But now we have a $8 stock that was a $3500 loser. $15 dividend is a joke.

I'm just wondering why no one else has received a new card and it's now February 2nd. Oh well.

I'm so burned-out right now on using point cards. Although I know it allows your money to work for you, it just feels so good to use a good ol' bank card for the time being.

We got the AMEX blue cash after all this started happening, so I think we'll start to use it and our Discover card. Your HH card sounds like a good one too.