NCL Mastercard FAQ

Host CMLA

Well, this is not the case with me... I had 893 point mid December, (and I know I was over 1,000 by the end of the year) and the letter they send says my final points balance as of December 31 was 113 Compass Reward points!

Looks like BOA only credited you with the points earned between your Dec statement and Jan 1. This is happening to quite a few people. Not that that's any consolation.

Well, this is not the case with me... I had 893 point mid December, (and I know I was over 1,000 by the end of the year) and the letter they send says my final points balance as of December 31 was 113 Compass Reward points!

c breeze, looks like it happened to you too. Count up your purchases from the day after the closing date on your Dec statement through December 31st. Don't forget to account for any credits/ returns that occured during this time period. Multiply that number by 3% and I'd be willing to be that it comes to 113 points. That's what happened to me too. They completely forgot to account for the rest of my points that I accumulated the rest of the year.

Hey, does anyone think that MAYBE they are mailing out all the upgrade certificates seperately from all the $500 certificates, which they may have deducted from the total points before the upgrades were mailed........? I am really trying to give NCL?BOA the benefit of the doubt here. They couldn't have screwed this up with most of us that badly, could they?

Hey, does anyone think that MAYBE they are mailing out all the upgrade certificates seperately from all the $500 certificates, which they may have deducted from the total points before the upgrades were mailed........? I am really trying to give NCL?BOA the benefit of the doubt here. They couldn't have screwed this up with most of us that badly, could they?

Wishful thinking c breeze. I had exactly the same thought so I asked the woman from NCL that very question and she said "final certificates" means that's all they are sending. That's when she told me I had to send my complaint to the "NCL Compass Rewards Resolution" center. I'm really hoping she is wrong.

Wishful thinking c breeze. I had exactly the same thought so I asked the woman from NCL that very question and she said "final certificates" means that's all they are sending. That's when she told me I had to send my complaint to the "NCL Compass Rewards Resolution" center. I'm really hoping she is wrong.

That is exactly what the rep said when I spoke to him a little bit ago; all final certificates will be received by this week and any disputes must be sent to the NCL Compass Rewards Resolution Center.

Okay... but MAYBE there are two seperate mailing that went out..... I am not saying it makes sense, and there is no way to check since there is aparently no one who can be contacted who knows what is going on.

I am glad I am not sailing until the fall.... If they don't straighten this out, we may changing our plans for our 30th anniversary.

hey you all, here's a shocker, the correct address is actually tryon street. i asked her to spell it for me and she did but incorrectly. i am from n. carolina and there is no tyron street in charlotte, just check google maps. it's actually tryon street. that's where the big bank of america building is, downtown charlotte. just trying to help here. too bad it has come to this.

and the one upgrade was included also. I have another account and didn't receive that one yet. I am so glad I didn't put big purchases on at the end of Dec. like I had planned. Not using the BOA card again! Went to Chase Freedom

So much for my theory of sending certificates seperately! Glad a few of you are getting the correct number of certificates.

I received my Final Compass Rewards Balance as of 12-31-08 today in the mail... My December 18th statement showed 894 points. We earned 143 points between that date and the end of the year.

The balance, according to Bank of America -- 125 points!! Two upgrade certificates.

I called and once was transferred to Worldpoints (and I asked the rep on the phone when she said she was going to transfer me - I ask, "This is not the Worldpoints number you are transferring me to, right? That is a completely different program." She told me no, it wasn't, transferred me, and, sure enough, it was Worldpoints!).

The second time I called, I was told I had to send in copies of all my documentation and wait 4-6 weeks. The address was the same one I saw posted above...

If I had a final payment in the next couple weeks, I would really be upset. But, BOA really is holding on to people's money here. I wonder how many people are in this situation... I haven't read today's posts in this thread, but if a handful of CC folks have had this problem, I'm guessing many others have had it as well... sounds like the starts of a class action...

I could see not catching the 143 for the interim period, but to give 125 points - there is just no rhyme or reason where that number came from. Oh well, a letter will go out tomorrow morning!

Good luck to everyone else. If you, or someone you know has had this problem, please post here - perhaps we can get something going on this sooner than a month or two, as is BOA's current resolution estimate.

So much for my theory of sending certificates seperately! Glad a few of you are getting the correct number of certificates.

I wonder if the people getting the correct number of certs are the people who did not charge anything between their Dec statement date and Jan 1? Maybe someone who has received the correct certs can clarify?

hey you all, here's a shocker, the correct address is actually tryon street. i asked her to spell it for me and she did but incorrectly. i am from n. carolina and there is no tyron street in charlotte, just check google maps. it's actually tryon street. that's where the big bank of america building is, downtown charlotte. just trying to help here. too bad it has come to this.

I was spelled out the same street Tyron... I'm glad I found this before sending out fed ex tomorrow. I'll have to call BOA again to verify. If it really is Tryon, and reps are spelling the street name wrong to everyone, that is really, really bad. Imagine how ticked-off folks will be when then get their dispute resolution returned to sender - no such address!

I was spelled out the same street Tyron... I'm glad I found this before sending out fed ex tomorrow. I'll have to call BOA again to verify. If it really is Tryon, and reps are spelling the street name wrong to everyone, that is really, really bad. Imagine how ticked-off folks will be when then get their dispute resolution returned to sender - no such address!

Please let us know what you find out.

I too received my "final Compass Reward" Certificate today. Let's recap:

1. As of Dec 16, I had 893 Compass Reward Points listed on my statement ( I ordered the coins and purchased $1500 in grocery gift cards between mid Oct and Dec 16 to get to this point).

2. Between Dec 17 and 31 there were $3847 posted to my account, which = an additional 115 Compass Reward Points

3. My total Compass Reward points should be 1008, which would = two $500 Compass Reward Certificates plus one 100 point upgrade certificate.

4. BOA/NCL sends me ONE 100 point upgrade certificate with a letter stating that my Final Compass Reward Balance was 113 points!!

I THINK NOT!! LET THE LETTER WRITING BEGIN! I am photocopying all of this and sending along to the address above. I WANT MY TWO $500 COMPASS REWARD CERTIFICATES!

The same exact thing happened to me. My statement cut off on 12/11 and I had 1,000 points. Today in the mail I received a certificate for "one category upgrade". I think they only used the points I earned from 12/11 to 12/31 to generate the certificate. I was on the phone for over 2 hours today with customer service trying to find out what happened to my 1,000 points. If you look at B of A's website, when you check the activity for your account, there is a section called "rewards". According to my information 1,000 points were "converted to another program" on 1/10/09. That's where my points went --- right into the World Points Program even though they told me in December and again in January that I would be getting 2 $500 certificates. My problem is complicated by the fact that I have a final payment due in just about 6 weeks and I have no guarantee that I will have my certificate by then. I talked to a supervisor today who said that I have to send a letter to Charlotte, NC; however, because B of A made the mistake and my final payment is so close, she is doing everything she can to try and get it corrected. She just wanted to make sure that a letter was sent to confirm everything we discussed on the phone. At this point, I am just going to have to wait until I get an e-mail from the supervisor telling me what is happening with my certificates. Our family of 6 is going on this cruise so you know how expensive it is and how much the $1,000 will help out.

Just got my letter from BOA. Looks like they screwed up my account also. I got one $100 upgrade certificate. Letter says I had 55 points as of Dec 31. I should have had over 1800 points. I'm talking to a BOA account manager now who doesn't know much about this program. I had to walk him through the process. He found reference to the mailings (starting Feb 2), and now I'm on hold. Stay tuned.

ok, he just got back on the phone. Apparently, they don't have any information on their system to do the research. He forwarded a request to the redemption department to research my problem. I should get a call or letter from them. We'll see. He didn't say I had to submit documentation etc, so maybe they are getting enough of these calls to realize they messed up. I did the math and the 55 points matches my purchases up to Dec 31. Being a programmer, it's pretty easy to see how one incorrect line of code would do this. However, basic testing of the program would have revealed this problem. Sad................

Hi Lyman.. it is Tryon. I live in the area and am often on that street. It's a pretty major street in the Charlotte area. :)

My points are wrong also. I should have received five $500 certificates and instead received 4 upgrade certificates - practically worthless.

This is what NCL's website says, which protects us all I think. They have got to straighten this out. It actually states how many certificates and upgrades you will receive. :)

[/url]How do I find out my Compass Rewards points balance?

Your Compass Rewards point balance as of December 31, 2008 will be communicated to you by mail with the automatic issuance of your final Compass Rewards Certificates. As of January 1, 2009, Bank of America® customer service associates and NCL representatives do not have access to Compass Rewards point balances.

What happens to the Compass Reward points that I have already earned?

You will receive Compass Reward Certificates by February, 2009, based on your Compass Rewards point balance on December 31, 2008. You may redeem these certificates for either a cruise discount or stateroom upgrade as you have done in the past. Simply book your cruise before the certificates expire; your travel date may occur after the expiration date but before January 31, 2011.

How is Compass Rewards different from the NCL WorldPoints reward program?

The new NCL WorldPoints reward program gives you so many more options to redeem your points. NCL has added a number of exclusive reward redemption options and expanded the program to include cash-back, more travel options as well as merchandise and gift cards. How you earn your points is also different. You will earn 1 WorldPoints point for every $1 in everyday purchases and 2 WorldPoints points for every $1 in purchases directly through NCL.NCL and Bank of America will also have a web portal accessible only by NCL credit cardholders that will feature exclusive NCL cardholder point redemption offers and cruise specials available for purchase only with the NCL WorldPoints MasterCard credit card.

How do I find out more about the NCL WorldPoints reward program?

Based on your points balance as of December 31, 2008, you will receive certificates in usual increments of 100 and 500 points toward a stateroom upgrade and/or a discount on your cruise.

How many certificates will I receive?

Based on your final Compass Rewards points balance as of December 31, 2008, below is a breakdown of the certificate(s) you will be receiving:

0 or less

1 to 100

101 to 200

201 to 300

301 to 400

401 to 499

501 to 600

601 to 700

701 to 800

801 to 900

901 to 999

1,001 to 1,100

1,101 to 1,200

1,201 to 1,300

1,301 to 1,400

1,401 to 1,499

1,501 to 1,600

1,601 to 1,700

1,701 to 1,800

1,801 to 1,900

1,901 to 1,999

2,001 to 2,100

2,101 to 2,200

2,201 to 2,300

2,301 to 2,400

2,401 to 2,499

2,501 to 2,600

2,601 to 2,700

2,701 to 2,800

2,801 to 2,900

2,901 to 2,999

3000+

Note:

The same exact thing happened to me. My statement cut off on 12/11 and I had 1,000 points. Today in the mail I received a certificate for "one category upgrade". I think they only used the points I earned from 12/11 to 12/31 to generate the certificate. I was on the phone for over 2 hours today with customer service trying to find out what happened to my 1,000 points. If you look at B of A's website, when you check the activity for your account, there is a section called "rewards". According to my information 1,000 points were "converted to another program" on 1/10/09. That's where my points went --- right into the World Points Program even though they told me in December and again in January that I would be getting 2 $500 certificates. My problem is complicated by the fact that I have a final payment due in just about 6 weeks and I have no guarantee that I will have my certificate by then. I talked to a supervisor today who said that I have to send a letter to Charlotte, NC; however, because B of A made the mistake and my final payment is so close, she is doing everything she can to try and get it corrected. She just wanted to make sure that a letter was sent to confirm everything we discussed on the phone. At this point, I am just going to have to wait until I get an e-mail from the supervisor telling me what is happening with my certificates. Our family of 6 is going on this cruise so you know how expensive it is and how much the $1,000 will help out.

Good luck! I cannot believe what a huge mess this is. Maybe BOA is using this to keep some people employeed to straighten this mess out!

Mine arrived today, correct ( sort of ), for 1 card out of 4.

My problem is I was expecting a 2 year expiration. I know it's normally 1. I read here if you waited for them to send them you had 2 years to use them.

Did you have any activity on the account you received the certificates for between your December cutoff date and December 31? Just trying to figure out why most of us are not getting the right certificates, while others are.

Hi Lyman.. it is Tryon. I live in the area and am often on that street. It's a pretty major street in the Charlotte area. :)

Thanks! 201 Tyron Street is a skyscraper that even has a Wikipedia entry!

BOA owns the building, but I don't know if they are there... their headquarters (BOA) is 100 North Tryon Street...

The rep at BOA didn't help much when I said there is no Tyron street in Charlotte (there is a Tyrone street, but the numbers don't match up).

Good luck everyone!!