NCL Mastercard FAQ

Host CMLA

I did find this on the internet - which seems to confirm the address BOA is giving out (do NOT write to this person - it was just found in a random search!). Oddly, none of the map sites has this address...

Kenny Halas

Student Lending — National Sales Executive

Bank of America

201 North Tyron Street

NC1-022-07-10

Charlotte, NC 28255

Phone: (704) 386-7359

Cell: (704) 232-1312

E-mail: Kenneth.halas@bankofamerica.com

Term expires: Sept. 2010

Good luck!!

As an edit - a search for the "201 Tryon street" with the zip 28255, does come up with several entries for BOA... the Tyron street spelling only came up with one entry (not including a link to this thread!).

Edited by Lyman713

I did find this on the internet - which seems to confirm the address BOA is giving out (do NOT write to this person - it was just found in a random search!). Oddly, none of the map sites has this address...

Kenny Halas

Student Lending — National Sales Executive

Bank of America

201 North Tyron Street

NC1-022-07-10

Charlotte, NC 28255

Phone: (704) 386-7359

Cell: (704) 232-1312

E-mail: Kenneth.halas@bankofamerica.com

Term expires: Sept. 2010

Good luck!!

As an edit - a search for the "201 Tryon street" with the zip 28255, does come up with several entries for BOA... the Tyron street spelling only came up with one entry (not including a link to this thread!).

You know what.. I just remembered, there is a Tyron in Charlotte! So sorry.

Did you have any activity on the account you received the certificates for between your December cutoff date and December 31? Just trying to figure out why most of us are not getting the right certificates, while others are.

I used my card a lot between my Dec. 11th cut off and Dec. 31st. That's where B of A came up with the points for my One Category Upgrade Certificate. My 1,000 points were moved to World Points. Why? Who knows?? B of A doesn't have any idea what happened. Meanwhile, we are all in limbo waiting for them to figure it out.:eek:

well tyron does not come up if you use google maps and it only seems that tyron is incorrect as the big bank of america building is on tryon street in charlotte, so i'm sending my letter to tryon street. one of the possible problems with the mixup is some people may say "i used my card on the 31st and didn't get credit for those points." well b of a didn't give me credit for my 31st of dec purchases because they didn't "post" til jan. while it says trans date is dec 31 the post date is jan and i have a feeling there's no way i'm going to get those points. stupid on my part to wait that long but i'm going to give it a shot. maybe if they get enough letters, they might give in, but i'm not holding my breath.

I used my card a lot between my Dec. 11th cut off and Dec. 31st. That's where B of A came up with the points for my One Category Upgrade Certificate. My 1,000 points were moved to World Points. Why? Who knows?? B of A doesn't have any idea what happened. Meanwhile, we are all in limbo waiting for them to figure it out.:eek:

Thanks, but I was asking Gregor4500, since they were one of the lucky ones with the correct certificates.

We did not receive anything in the mail today. Maybe tomorrow it will come, i was one of the persons whos billing ended mid month and i did use my card thru 12/31 to complete my $500 certificate. So when i get mine i'll come back and post what i received. Hope everyone gets the right amount that is owed.

Did you have any activity on the account you received the certificates for between your December cutoff date and December 31? Just trying to figure out why most of us are not getting the right certificates, while others are.

No, when I reached 2004 points before my December statement I stopped using the card.

No, when I reached 2004 points before my December statement I stopped using the card.

Aha! I think those of you who stopped using the card after the December billing date have gotten the correct certificates! The rest of us only got certificates for the dollars spent the second part of December. Now if we could just get this fixed..........

A prime example of 1. BOA's incompetence and utter disregard for customer satisfaction 2. NCL's incredibly horrid lack of customer service.

It such a bummer that so many people seem to have gotten to wrong certificates. Hopefully the dispute address will be able to resolve it!

BUT - I'm not quite understanding why people are blaming NCL? I highly doubt that they have access to all of our purchase history and account information (I for one would be EXTREMELY upset to find out that a cruise line would have access to that sort of personal data of mine, even if it is their name on the card) and therefore were the ones who calculated our final points balances. So I think it's pretty clear that the bank miscalculated/sent the wrong certificates.

Edited by Fufuhase

It such a bummer that so many people seem to have gotten to wrong certificates. Hopefully the dispute address will be able to resolve it!

BUT - I'm not quite understanding why people are blaming NCL? I highly doubt that they have access to all of our purchase history and account information (I for one would be EXTREMELY upset to find out that a cruise line would have access to that sort of personal data of mine, even if it is their name on the card) and therefore were the ones who calculated our final points balances. So I think it's pretty clear that the bank miscalculated/sent the wrong certificates.

You are right about this... It is really a problem with BOA, but if NCL continues to have a relationship with BOA instead of another credit card company (bank), then they should be made aware of this and how it is impacting their customers.

I I'm not quite understanding why people are blaming NCL?

I was responding to this post, which to me showed a total lack of concern on NCL's part: "now that I figured out what probably happened I called NCL back (1-866-234-0292 then pressed #1) and spoke with someone different this time. I explained what I think happened and thought maybe it would be a good idea if she could contact someone in the Compass Reward dept and let them know what I found out. Thinking it could alleviate problems down the line for other customers, NCL operators, BOA operators, & Compass Reward operators, etc. I figured if it happened to me, it will probably happen to someone else and wouldn't it be great for the customer to get an answer at the first place they call. She told me there was NO WAY to spread the word and the Compass Reward dept is a third party and there is No WAY to contact them except by mail. I was in complete shock. Really, there is no way to get the word out?!?! No way to communicate with anyone else even within NCL?!?! I found that to be very surprising."

I agree that BOA caused the problem, but it is NCL's rewards program and they certainly should be more responsive to the complaints of their customers.

Edited by Stillfloatin'

I just got to thinking...

1. If the correct address is 201 Tryon St (instead of Tyron like NCL has been telling us)
  2. and that is in fact the BOA building
  3. then the Compass Reward information wasn't really sent to a third party (like they have been telling us) but stayed with BOA the whole time.

Seems like a lot of untruths being told by BOTH companies. Also, by giving out the wrong address (and wrong certificates), it buys them some time before they have to make the full payout that we are all entitled to under their program.

...Or it may just be a series of unfortunate circumstances :rolleyes:?

Oh nooooo, I just thought of something. NCL keeps giving out Tyron St as the address and if it is really Tryon St I wonder who will be getting them? The reason I am so concerned is because we were told by NCL to send our account #, copies of our statements, etc. Who ever receives them at Tyron St will receive everyone's credit card #'s, addresses, etc.

Aha! I think those of you who stopped using the card after the December billing date have gotten the correct certificates! The rest of us only got certificates for the dollars spent the second part of December. Now if we could just get this fixed..........

That could possibly be the case as i Just got my certificates in the mail and it said that i only had 155 points so they only sent me 2 100points upgrade certificates.

On my December 12/17/2008 statement it showed i had 354 points accumulated. And I continued using my card to add up to the 500 points, which in fact i went over the amount to make sure there was no problem later.

They did not included my 354 points from my december statement in there, to total up to 509 points so i would have gotten the $500 dollar certificate.

So now what? Do we wait or call?

NCL really has nothing to do with this. Its the credit card company.

Is this the final address ?? or are we still unsure?

NCL Compass Rewards Resolution

NC1-022-1701

201 N. Tryon Street

Charlotte, NC 28255

NCL rep told me it was Tyron St. Someone who lives in NC seems to think there is no Tyron St but they are aware of a Tryon St where BOA is located. I think it may still be up in the air? I sent my info out yesterday to Tyron St as advised by NCL (via USPS certified mail) so I'll let you know when/ if it gets there.

NCL rep told me it was Tyron St. Someone who lives in NC seems to think there is no Tyron St but they are aware of a Tryon St where BOA is located. I think it may still be up in the air? I sent my info out yesterday to Tyron St as advised by NCL (via USPS certified mail) so I'll let you know when/ if it gets there.

When I spoke to the rep yesterday, he spelled the street Tyron. Go figure?!