NCL Mastercard FAQ

Host CMLA

Thought I would post an update. I still have not received my Compass Rewards certificates! As suggested here on the boards' date=' I called NCL, then per their direction mailed them my year end statements showing the points accumulated, let them know my final payment is due in June, and that I should be receiving $1000.00 in certificates. I sent it certified mail, and it was received at the address they told me to send it to on April 6th.

After not hearing from them, I called and spent over an hour on the phone with several different people, having to call back several times to different numbers and persons as I got passed around. I went back to this board and called a number posted here, and finally got to someone who said she would give the information to her supervisor and I would get a call within a week.

After reading threads about people receiving postcards when they sent something to NCL, and getting calls, e-mails and mailings from NCL with advertising, I am beginning to think I have been put into "file 13".

My question is this: has anyone ever called or e-mailed a high-level executive at NCL with good results? Would this be my best bet? I know a week has not passed, but I am getting nervous. Does anyone have contact information for someone I should talk to?????????

Am I the only person not to get my certificates yet? :eek::eek::eek::eek:[/quote']

Update: Mailed my certificate today certified with return receipt (they would not let me insure it), after copying.

Long story short: I had received the certificate; DH brought it in when I was sick & put the mail in the downstairs bathroom with magazines. He heard me talking to someone about not getting them, and said opps, I think something came from NCL in the mail one day. (I always bring the mail in, except, of course, when I am sick!) I had called & left a message with the person who was supposed to be getting back to me (after 3 weeks of nothing again), and got a return call. She apologized for the tardiness of the call, and I laid it on the line and told her what happened. So all is better, and will be good once I see my balance credited for the certificate. :o

Update: Mailed my certificate today certified with return receipt (they would not let me insure it)' date=' after copying.[/quote']

I believe if you send them certified, there is a place to claim their value for insurance purposes. :)

The package handling companies as well as the post office will not insure cash, and these certificates are considered cash.

UPS will not even accept cash, along with fine art, or anything of "exceptional value."

Edited by Us2inFL

c breeze' date='

I asked to insure it, and the postal person told me the computer would not let her do it.[/quote']

Hmmm... Last two times I mailed my certificates, I mailed them certified mail (I filled out the form myself) and just filled in the spot where they asked for value for insurance purposes. The clerk told me that certified was insured, which was part of the reason I chose it.

In any case, I am sure your certificates will arrive and be processed without any problem. I never remember anyone having any problems if they kept copies of everything, Just hate the waiting until the credit is posted... :D

That is curious, c breeze, isn't it. :confused: I filled out the paperwork, too. I left my paperwork at home today, but it has a tracking number on it so I can see the delivery information, I will have to check on it tonight.

Geez, just got an email from my online cruise agent that she charged out our final payment. 10 days early! And I had not mailed the $500 cert yet! She said she likes to get things done early. I said it would have been nice to have an email or call letting me know even in case I wanted to change the credit card for the final payment. I have her calling NCL right now but I don't have a good feeling about this.

Geez, just got an email from my online cruise agent that she charged out our final payment. 10 days early! And I had not mailed the $500 cert yet! She said she likes to get things done early. I said it would have been nice to have an email or call letting me know even in case I wanted to change the credit card for the final payment. I have her calling NCL right now but I don't have a good feeling about this.

Your TA does not have the right to charge your card without your O.K. Soooo... one way or the other (credit back $500 to your card and then you mail the cert - photocopy first - certified or overnight), you should get the $500 credit. If the online agent won't help you, deal directly with NCL latitudes. If you still don't get satisfaction, send the cert and dispute $500 of the charge!!!!

c breeze' date='

I asked to insure it, and the postal person told me the computer would not let her do it.[/quote']

I just experienced the same situation minutes ago. They would not allow me to insure the vouchers. The USPS will not insure gift cards either. (I tried that once after having not one but TWO gift cards that I sent in greeting cards for Mother's day a few years ago, never got to the Moms :rolleyes:) The Postal Service won't insure certain stuff (seems they have a lot of stuff go 'missing' and selling the insurance isn't cost effective for them :rolleyes:)

...anyway, sorry that I veered off there....they suggested that instead of sending the vouchers certified/return receipt, it would be safer to send it Rgeistered. So, I did.

Last time I sent therm directly to NCL (because that's what that particular TA wanted me to do) This time I had to send them to the TA (on line TA)...It will take a long time for me to see that $1000 off my final balance between using resgistered mail (which takes longer) and then having the certs go through my TA before being sent off to NCL.

Hoping that there is no problem.....

Edited by halos

I just got off the phone with the TA who was on the phone with NCL and

NCL said they will credit my credit card $500 once they receive the cert which

I am taking to the Post office right now. I'll believe it when I see it!

Thanks! Good luck to all!

I just experienced the same situation minutes ago. They would not allow me to insure the vouchers. The USPS will not insure gift cards either. (I tried that once after having not one but TWO gift cards that I sent in greeting cards for Mother's day a few years ago, never got to the Moms :rolleyes:) The Postal Service won't insure certain stuff (seems they have a lot of stuff go 'missing' and selling the insurance isn't cost effective for them :rolleyes:)

...anyway, sorry that I veered off there....they suggested that instead of sending the vouchers certified/return receipt, it would be safer to send it Rgeistered. So, I did.

Last time I sent therm directly to NCL (because that's what that particular TA wanted me to do) This time I had to send them to the TA (on line TA)...It will take a long time for me to see that $1000 off my final balance between using resgistered mail (which takes longer) and then having the certs go through my TA before being sent off to NCL.

Hoping that there is no problem.....

Wow....my brain must really be fried. I checked back and I sent my certificates REGISTERED MAIL the last two times (not certified, as I have stated previously), so there would be insurance http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=10548649&postcount=4

I decided to go with registered mail so it can be tracked all the way, and would include insurance. I also asked for an online return reciept for an extra 85 cents. Total $15.81 (old price)including insurance. I will be tracking it online all the way!!!

Sorry for all my confusion!

Edited by c breeze

Could someone in the know please confirm that this is still the street address that the certs should be sent to (as listed on page 1):

Norwegian Cruise Lines

7665 Corporate Center Drive

Miami, FL 33126

Thanks so much.

I have to think that it would have been edited if it wasn't...but I want to make sure.

Could someone in the know please confirm that this is still the street address that the certs should be sent to (as listed on page 1):

Norwegian Cruise Lines

Miami, FL 33126

Thanks so much.

I have to think that it would have been edited if it wasn't...but I want to make sure.

That is correct :)

I mailed in my $500 certificate on Tuesday of last week (certified/return receipt) and just got an email from my trav agnt that she received confirmation from NCL this morning that the money has been credited to my deposit....so getting this all done in just about one week isn't bad at all! :D

Thanks everyone for your advice! Happy cruising!

Norwegian Cruise Lines

Miami, FL 33126

Thanks so much.

Any one's attention? Or a department Name? Thanks much

Well, my certified letter arrived in Miami on June 3, and the post office left a notice after attempting to deliver it twice, at 8:44 a.m. and 8:55 a.m. Are they not open until 9:00? Does not anyone go to the P.O. to pick up the certified mail? GRRRRRR.

Where on the NCL website do you see your balance? I have checked in, but cannot click on "2" in the time-line of 4 things to do. Is this the wrong place?

Assistance/guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Sign in to NCL and click on 'Make Payment'...

It will take you to a page that shows your balance.

Good luck...

That's what I was trying to do, angeljt, but the button is not making itself available to hit. Similar to being "greyed out", I guess. Only the check in and excursions buttons are available to me to click on.

Do I have to wait until they have processed my check-in? It says completed under the check-in button. :confused::confused:

That's what I was trying to do' date=' angeljt, but the button is not making itself available to hit. Similar to being "greyed out", I guess. Only the check in and excursions buttons are available to me to click on.

Do I have to wait until they have processed my check-in? It says completed under the check-in button. :confused::confused:[/quote']

No, I didn't do my check in yet and I was able to go to that page.

What browser are you using? Worked fine for me on Firefox but some things don't on Safari or the AOL browser.

Maybe you could call if you don't have any luck with the site. Won't hurt to check it out.

Jackie

I just got off the phone with the TA who was on the phone with NCL and

NCL said they will credit my credit card $500 once they receive the cert which

I am taking to the Post office right now. I'll believe it when I see it!

Thanks! Good luck to all!

When I booked my Jewel cruise for April, I booked late, sometime in February. NCL wanted full payment. I sent in the certificates and got a $1000 credit on my credit card. It was absolutely smooooth.

I requested my certificates early December, since I was planning a Febraury cruise. That didn't happen, so I used them for the April Cruise.

Only problem with the early request was the 1 year expiration instead of the 2 year. Didn't matter, they are cashed.

OK' date=' maybe I have figured it out. Under my step 2 button, it says to call Travel Agent, so I have to give my PCC at NCL a call to complete this step.:confused: I'll try that.[/quote']

Good luck... That would probably be the easiest thing since you can't access the page.

Here has been my experience with the balance showing on "My NCL" page.....if I booked the trip directly through NCL (or my "personal NCL consultant"), I could track my balance on that page. On cruises where I booked through a travel agent, my balance never showed and always refered me back to my agent.

One more thing, and I know this is a generalization....when I have booked directly through NCL, I have blessed more times than not with a call from the NCL Upgrade Fairy. The ONLY time I have ever received an upgrade offer call when I booked through a travel agent was when the price of the cruise had decreased since I made my final payment, and NCL offered to move me from an inside to outside cabin.

Has this been anyone else's experience when they booked directly through NCL vs. Travel Agent?

Our first upsell was through a TA, but I booked with NCL the other two times we were offered upsells, and they contacted me directly.

I'm not sure how they choose who to call, but I love when they do!

Jackie