cabin deliveries

Have you tried going to your cruise line's web site? I'm sailing out on Carnival, and they have a heading at the top of their home page called "Gifts." The stuff is not that bad. You could get a 6" chocolate cake for about $7, or you can get wine, champaigne, shirts, etc. I've never heard of getting something delivered thru anyone other than your cruiseline, but I'm not a regular cruiser. This will be my second.

I hope you find what you're looking for.

No matter where you order gifts from to be delivered to your cabin-those gifts will come as a premium.

How about ordering aphoto coupon from the web page. that way you can get a fancy formal portriat taken and have a memory afterwards.

Drink coupons are another good deal if you get those fancy frozen foo-foo drinks 4 for 19.95 are good.

A cake delivered in the cabin-. 7.95 and the cake will say happy anniversary.

Some friends of mine ordered four large bottles of liquor to be delivered to their room, and the case was left outside their cabin door (Carnival). Big surprise: before they boarded, someone stole it from the hallway. Fortunately, their cabin steward saw who took it. He checked into whether that room had ordered booze, discovered that they had not, and he got it back for them. I think they were very lucky.

Here's what surprised me most: The cabin steward told my friends that if it hadn't been found, he (the cabin steward) would've had to replace it out of his own pocket. I think that's terribly unfair to the steward.

Anyway . . . we've never ordered anything delivered to our room. Is it typical for the items to be left out in the hallway? I don't mind my suitcase being out there. It's locked, and people aren't likely to take the suitcase (what would they do with it? Go through the undies, then toss the case overboard?); however, bottles of liquor and such I think people would take. They're not easily identifiable. What about gift baskets and flowers? Are they left outside?

Lots of people get onboard before 1pm. These cabins are not secured before then. Lots of doors are left open and gifts are in the cabin- flowers/cakes whatnots-- anyone can just walk into the cabin and take it. No one knows that person isnt supposed to be there....so who knows.

• 3 weeks later...

Just be sure not to order flowers because Carnival (for sure) does not allow you to bring them off the boat when leaving due to federal laws. My daughter was devastated when she had to leave her adoption flowers behind.

These were flowers ordered from Carnival, placed in the room by Carnival, and they never left the ship except upon completion of cruise but they were still confiscated.

Archived