Early Flight

HoneyDad

I wish you well, but I also will bet that you don't get on a plane at 10:14AM. Good luck!!!

Can I get a piece of that action as well?? Skybus has VERY strict check-in time arrangements - if you miss that window, there won't even be anyone at the counter to plead your case to.

As for the poster who had the great experience last year -- that wasn't right before Christmas, nor was it on Skybus which just started service. So I wouldn't be banking on that evidence for assurance.

Just for reference, from the Skybus "Rules of Flying":

4. Don’t call us.

We don’t have a phone number. Seriously. We’d love to chat, but those phone banks are expensive. And a good website like http://www.skybus.com is even more convenient.

5. Don't be late. We won't wait.

Please arrive no later than 30 minutes before takeoff, or we’ll leave without you. Really. By that time, there won’t even be anyone to check your bag. It’s nothing against you–we just have to keep our flights on time, or things get expensive in a hurry.

If you are coming back on Nov. 17th, you should be okay. We are flying back the following week which is Thanksgiving week. I don't know what I was thinking when I booked this!!!! (I have one daughter in college and a son-in-law that can't get away for a full week). We are going on this cruise for my birthday!!!!

Just make sure you are in the first group to get off the ship and you should be OK. American does have a couple of flights after this one. I have flown on the Saturday after Thanksgiveing and found the airports to be empty. The Wednesday before and the Sunday after are the really busy days.

Archived